12/17
Cleveland Browns Stadium, Cleveland, OH
12/24
NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
12/28
Cleveland Browns Stadium, Cleveland, OH
1/7

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Highly optimistic considering the condition of Watson's shoulder, but hey, I had this team at 7-10 this season, so what the hell do I know? 🤪

I am looking at the game in  the PCNW as a lose (we suck in Seattle)  and hopefully he is ready for zona or baltimore as i believe p.j can beat zona

2 minutes ago, syd said:

I am looking at the game in  the PCNW as a lose (we suck in Seattle)  and hopefully he is ready for zona or baltimore as i believe p.j can beat zona

I don't think he's getting better this season. 

Rotator cuff injuries are a bitch. 

And you are right, the Browns historically do not play well in Seattle. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Rotator cuff injuries are a bitch. 

well i had the raven game down as a L also, so that would be what ? 6 week's since he last played a entire game  ? But what there is more ? i had the pit game down as a L also, start him against denver and then we can stack some wins

6 minutes ago, syd said:

well i had the raven game down as a L also, so that would be what ? 6 week's since he last played a entire game  ? But what there is more ? i had the pit game down as a L also, start him against denver and then we can stack some wins

We'll see. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but the second I heard "possible rotator cuff injury" I groaned. Sports medicine has come a long way, but rotator cuff injuries still are dicey situations. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

We'll see. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but the second I heard "possible rotator cuff injury" I groaned. Sports medicine has come a long way, but rotator cuff injuries still are dicey situations. 

I am not a doctor( but i did play doctor when i was a kid) but is it just a time and wait and see deal ? or something they need to get inside and look around ?

1 minute ago, syd said:

I am not a doctor( but i did play doctor when i was a kid) but is it just a time and wait and see deal ? or something they need to get inside and look around ?

I don't know, and I honestly don't think the Browns know either.

Watson gets hurt vs Tennessee, thinks he's going to start the next week, tries it out that morning and can't go. Stefanski tells the world it was his decision to not play and that he was medically cleared. Then, magically the following week, word gets out that the injury he has can take weeks to recover from. Then he comes back, doesn't throw well, gets sent into concussion protocol (which he cleared) but is taken out of the game and kept out. Stefanski says he's the starter this coming week, Watson seems unsure.

Injured starting QBs and Kevin Stefanski is must-see TV. 

• Like 1

Let's put it this way- the following games are the ones where they really can't afford to drop:

-Cardinals, Bears, Broncos

Then the following are "will likely be the favorites": 

-Rams, Texans, Jets, Rams

The way I see it, assuming 7-0 in those games is of course unlikely but going say 5-2 across that spectrum puts the Browns in a great position for postseason play. It comes down to getting a few division wins at that point.

15 hours ago, syd said:

The press on it has been very confusing.

Contusion, strain, micro tears (?). Medically cleared but not playing.

Very minor rotator cuff injuries (probably like the one Watson has) should take 2-6 weeks to heal. Anything more than minor, and he'd probably be done for 6-12 months.

I'm not yet in the "he's just a bitch who doesn't wanna play camp", as I think his throwing motion did look not very natural in his brief appearance on Sunday. Definitely looked like he adjusted his motion to compensate for some pain.

• Thanks 2

Like others have said before, much depends on if and when Watson gets healthy and plays anywhere near the form he showed against the Titans. 4 out of the next 6 being away compounds matters.

To me, the home game against the Steelers and the low-hanging fruit games against Zona and the Bears are crucial. 

On 10/24/2023 at 5:52 PM, syd said:

I agree. Why so cryptic ? it's not like they can gain anything from it

Might have to do with HIPPA laws or possibly 2nd or 3rd opinions. 

My question is what exactly has Watson wearing brown and orange shown you?

First is was rust. Then it was he just needed more time with the offense during the offseason. Now it's an injury that keeps him off the field while being medically cleared to play. Next it will be........

So again, as the Brown's QB what exactly has this dude shown anyone that makes you think he is better than even 20 other NFL starters? I'd put up his career Cleveland Browns QB stats, but I haven't had lunch yet and I don't want to lose my appetite.

Here's to Deshaun going into the phone booth and changing into his 1/4 billion dollar uniform, and sooner rather than never.    

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

My question is what exactly has Watson wearing brown and orange shown you?

★-->  First is was rust. Then it was he just needed more time with the offense during the offseason. Now it's an injury that keeps him off the field while being medically cleared to play. Next it will be........

So again, as the Brown's QB what exactly has this dude shown anyone that makes you think he is better than even 20 other NFL starters? I'd put up his career Cleveland Browns QB stats, but I haven't had lunch yet and I don't want to lose my appetite.

Here's to Deshaun going into the phone booth and changing into his 1/4 billion dollar uniform, and sooner rather than never.    

Sad but unfortinately too  true.    At his age sitting out for a few years is not a good thing.

[  And the Cleveland BROWNS Super Bowl clock goes  tick, tick, tick ..... ]   

But the BROWNS financial clock goes tick, ti--, t---, ----,  (nothing).....     Uh-oh ....  what comes next ?   What a stupid quarterback deal that was.   :o

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2023 at 11:47 AM, jrb12711 said:

Let's put it this way- the following games are the ones where they really can't afford to drop:

-Cardinals, Bears, Broncos

Then the following are "will likely be the favorites": 

-Rams, Texans, Jets, Rams

The way I see it, assuming 7-0 in those games is of course unlikely but going say 5-2 across that spectrum puts the Browns in a great position for postseason play. It comes down to getting a few division wins at that point.

You said it for me, should the Browns run that table, or even pick up an unexpected win somewhere else, that puts them at 11-6, and it should be good enough to get into the playoffs.  

I have losses chalked up against Seattle, Baltimore, Jaguars, and Bengals.