THE BROWNS BOARD

Derek Anderson used to watching Brady from the Bench

osusev

Derek is used to watching a mediocre quinn throw interceptions and lead his team to a loss from a sideline...

In the 2004 insight bowl game Derek watched from his bench Brady Quinn lead his team in a losing effort to Oregan State...

Meanwhile I am sure the 2007 season with Brady watching Anderson from the bench throwing TD's must have been like Deja Vu ....

Sorry I could not help myself, while Derek does have a lot of "DOH!" moments Brady's passing attempt that the ball slipped backwards into a fumble probably will be forever included in NFL films blooper reels...

Derek is used to watching a mediocre quinn throw interceptions and lead his team to a loss from a sideline...

In the 2004 insight bowl game Derek watched from his bench Brady Quinn lead his team in a losing effort to Oregan State...

Meanwhile I am sure the 2007 season with Brady watching Anderson from the bench throwing TD's must have been like Deja Vu ....

Sorry I could not help myself, while Derek does have a lot of "DOH!" moments Brady's passing attempt that the ball slipped backwards into a fumble probably will be forever included in NFL films blooper reels...

DA has had his share of blooper moments. Who'll ever forget DumbAss standing in the way of a ref with his back to the game?

How much do you want to bet DA never starts over brady again?

Who ever had sev for "The Official Browns Board Crustiest Beat-rag when the Browns Quinn loses" pool just got paid.

I had $500 on lumberg, but I should have known better.

o good god now the brady backers who have done nothing but bash DA for over a year over anything and everything are getting sensitive?

taking pot shots at a young qb..... sure because the non stop pot shots at everything deserved and undeserved from anderson was ok and now brady backers cant take it after the first game this year...

gimme a break...... I am sure all of the non stop week to week negative comments about dumb ass or doofus etc etc and every interception screw up suddenly the table is turned and you guys get all sensitive.....

lol...

Sev, I will give you props for this one. It was good humored. Amusingly, unlike some of the silly knocks posted today, you actually used something that one could actually point at Brady for the day and say "that is on him". It is a far better and real example of bad play by Brady, as opposed to people latching on to a pass interference play that put CLE on the 6 yard line or the INT that was on BE.

The difference is nobody was talking shit on DA after 1 game. In fact everyone was happy to have a change from frye. They started talking shit on him week to week when he was clearly under performing and yet never seemed to develop. Then he ruined 2 consecutive seasons for us. You were against brady before he took the field even though he is clearly the better alternative. I hope DA is used to riding the pine cause he's gonna do it all year and your going to have to live with Brady as our QB cause he's going to be for awhile. He will be given his chance

"DA ruined 2 consecutive seasons for us"????????????????

It's stupid statements like that, that make me wonder if some here have any football smarts what so ever...

Just admit that Quinn had a horrible game yesterday and leave it at that without getting into the DA this and DA that....

Hopefully he'll get it together for the next game....

I was led to believe by the knowledgeable posters on this board that Quinn with his wonderlic superiority, high QB ratings, strong arm and being the most NFL ready QB coming out of college that he would just light it up right from the get go... I guess we have to give him 27 games to prove his worth....

As a Browns fan 1st and foremost, I sure do hope he lives up to his hype but these old eyes saw a lot of Charlie Frye out there yesterday...

Reload and get er done against the Bronco's............

Peace

T.Dawg

The difference is nobody was talking shit on DA after 1 game. In fact everyone was happy to have a change from frye.

Bullshit.

Tony Grossi "predicted" that Anderson would be benched mid-game every single week from weeks 2 thru 8 back in '07. I used to listen to his gay ass podcasts.

there were multiple posts every single week about how Quinn needed to replace Anderson. This began before the Bengals game. And it continued each and every week while Anderson threw SEVENTEEN TDs in the first half of the year.

The question was not even "if" Quinn would come in. It was "what quarter" he would come in.

That's why i joined this board.

BQueers like you just don't remember how it went down.

The difference is nobody was talking shit on DA after 1 game. In fact everyone was happy to have a change from frye. They started talking shit on him week to week when he was clearly under performing and yet never seemed to develop. Then he ruined 2 consecutive seasons for us. You were against brady before he took the field even though he is clearly the better alternative. I hope DA is used to riding the pine cause he's gonna do it all year and your going to have to live with Brady as our QB cause he's going to be for awhile. He will be given his chance

Flugs and Calfox were in here talking shit on DA before his first game, the only thing that probably stopped them immediately after the first game (if they did stop) was a club record for TD throws.

That said, there were still people after that game saying that this was still "Brady's team".

Flugs and Calfox were in here talking shit on DA before his first game, the only thing that probably stopped them immediately after the first game (if they did stop) was a club record for TD throws.

I think Cal took it pretty hard when the QB with the most moxie in the history of football was given a 1 way ticket to Seattle.

lmao! I am just having a little fun... everything is so serious and personal right now about the "dilemma" :lol:

The only dilemma i see is are we going to come out and play some friggin football or are we going to lose every game with an over conservative easily defended micro dink mindset...starting from mangini and filtering on down we DO NOT have the personel to make this work!

Archived