THE BROWNS BOARD

Knapp going under the Knife

CIMO.

The damaged goods acquired in the Cliff Lee trade were more damaged than the Indians realized.

Class A right-hander Jason Knapp, viewed by some as the key acquisition in the trade, has loose bodies in his right shoulder that will be removed through arthroscopic surgery. The procedure will take place in New York City on Tuesday.

At the time of the trade, according to head athletic trainer Lonnie Soloff, the Indians reviewed Knapp's medical records handed over by the Phillies and saw nothing that would indicate Knapp would require surgery. They did, of course, know that he was injured, as he was on the disabled list at Class A Lakewood. But the Phillies had not subjected Knapp to an MRI, which would have revealed the need for surgical intervention.

The Indians still like Knapp, who, Soloff said, should be fully recovered from the surgery in time for a normal Spring Training. They will not file a grievance against the Phillies, general manager Mark Shapiro said.

http://castrovince.mlblogs.com/archives/20...shoulder_s.html

I've always been a total believer in Shapiro, but with Carrasco looking out of his league in the majors (miniscule sample, I know), Knapp needing surgery, and the other two players being eventual backups to Asdrubal and Santana....well, I really hope Hagadone is all he's cracked up to be.

http://castrovince.mlblogs.com/archives/20...shoulder_s.html

I've always been a total believer in Shapiro, but with Carrasco looking out of his league in the majors (miniscule sample, I know), Knapp needing surgery, and the other two players being eventual backups to Asdrubal and Santana....well, I really hope Hagadone is all he's cracked up to be.

this is why i hated this trade. we went after some pitchers yes. however everyone else will be backups. this is why i am not a believer in shapiro

Archived