THE BROWNS BOARD

Changes I would make to the NFL

1) Change the extra point system. 

1 point from the 20, 2 pts @30, 3 pts @ 40, 4pts @ 50, 7 pts from own 40.

2) A time out can be exchanged for allowing 14 men on the field. Only 1 team

at a time can elect this.

3) At half time, 20 selected fans can take turns yelling whatever they want to the guys in the broadcast booth, and this would be broadcast.

4) If the punter kicks the ball short and high, then runs under and catches it the yardage would count like a pass play. If he didn't make a first down they would replay 4th down from the point he was tackled.

5) For 3 plays a game a team can make the other team wear their helmets backwards

6) Browns fans be allowed to throw shit onto the field.

Sorry, but I would be one hell of an NFL comissioner.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I like #3. Implement it in MLB too, so we can get Matt Underwood to shut up.

#7 Get the Ratbirds out of the AFC North & into the AFC East where they actually belong. Put Miami in the AFC South, move Indy to the AFC North. 

Sorry, yeah I'm still bitter about Tagliabue, Art, & the move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

#7 Get the Ratbirds out of the AFC North & into the AFC East where they actually belong. Put Miami in the AFC South, move Indy to the AFC North. 

God thank you... I can't stand Matt Underwear... He sucked when he started and he still sucks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Id put buffalo in our div... That makes about the same geographical sense

• Upvote 1

#3 I can’t even imagine what it would be like for the Joe Buck games. 

#1 looks good with some modifications 
Kicks- 1 point for 33 yard attempt - 2 points for 50. 

If you miss the attempt there is no kickoff and the other team takes over at the spot of the kick.   Enhances safety less kickoffs.

Two point conversion from the 3.  Three point conversion from the 20. 

58 minutes ago, nickers said:

Id put buffalo in our div... That makes about the same geographical sense

I'd love that also, but I doubt the NFL has any interest in breaking up the Bills- Jets rivalry, and the Patriots as well; old AFL rivals with those 3 teams. Pretty much the same reason the Cowboys are in the NFC East, even though it makes no geographical sense🤦

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

As stupid as as some of this shit is, some of the actual modern day rule changes are just as stupid.

By 2030 it will be unsportsmanlike conduct to make eye contact with the opposing QB.

Yeah. That play in the Washington-NE game was one of the worst. Called roughing the passer and Mac Jones never threw it. 

• Upvote 1

I would go old school...no pylon breaking the plane bs.  Touch the ball down in the endzone.

Make the hash marks alot wider like old days, and hike the ball there when they go out of bounds...make for some cool overloaded formations, and field goals

• Like 1

For all home games, you have to wear the opponents uniform.

This of course leaves two bizarre possibilities.

1) You never get to wear your own uniform

2) All the games are played with all players wearing the same uniform. The visiting team's.

Hey I know, one team wears the color uniform, but the other wear the white uniform.

Man, Really.do like to fuck things up.

1 minute ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

For all home games, you have to wear the opponents uniform.

This of course leaves two bizarre possibilities.

1) You never get to wear your own uniform

2) All the games are played with all players wearing the same uniform. The visiting team's.

Hey I know, one team wears the color uniform, but the other wear the white uniform.

Man, Really.do like to fuck things up.

make em play rugby instead 

If a referee makes an egregiously bad call, the head coach can throw the new challenge flag. Once thrown, one fan from the crowd gets to come down and engage in a hockey style battle of fisticuffs with the ref who made the call. If the fan wins, the penalty is negated and the play stands. If the fan loses, the penalty yardage doubles.

This is the definition of win/win. Fans get involved, keeps refs on their toes, who loses?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

If a referee makes an egregiously bad call, the head coach can throw the new challenge flag. Once thrown, one fan from the crowd gets to come down and engage in a hockey style battle of fisticuffs with the ref who made the call. If the fan wins, the penalty is negated and the play stands. If the fan loses, the penalty yardage doubles.

This is the definition of win/win. Fans get involved, keeps refs on their toes, who loses?

Now this idea I love... However... It would makes us more like the WWF than the NFL... But, I like it none the less from an entertainment POV.. LOL!

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 4:17 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

1) Change the extra point system. 

1 point from the 20, 2 pts @30, 3 pts @ 40, 4pts @ 50, 7 pts from own 40.

2) A time out can be exchanged for allowing 14 men on the field. Only 1 team

at a time can elect this.

3) At half time, 20 selected fans can take turns yelling whatever they want to the guys in the broadcast booth, and this would be broadcast.

4) If the punter kicks the ball short and high, then runs under and catches it the yardage would count like a pass play. If he didn't make a first down they would replay 4th down from the point he was tackled.

5) For 3 plays a game a team can make the other team wear their helmets backwards

6) Browns fans be allowed to throw shit onto the field.

Sorry, but I would be one hell of an NFL comissioner.

One of the greatest posts I’ve ever read.. although I have been drinking beer.. thank you Ghoulie

• Haha 1

Something needs to be done if it has been determined that the referee made a bonehead call within the 2 minute warning which determined the games outcome.

I would have suggested all calls within the 2 minute warning be reviewed, but that would take too much time.

How about giving each coach the opportunity to challenge one call and one call only. No penalty imposed if the refs made the right call.

Eh nevermind. We would have lost to the Colts.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FY56 said:

Something needs to be done if it has been determined that the referee made a bonehead call within the 2 minute warning which determined the games outcome.

I would have suggested all calls within the 2 minute warning be reviewed, but that would take too much time.

How about giving each coach the opportunity to challenge one call and one call only. No penalty imposed if the refs made the right call.

Eh nevermind. We would have lost to the Colts.

Oh well.. Sometimes you get the bear... And sometimes the bear gets you :)

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, nickers said:

Now this idea I love... However... It would makes us more like the WWF than the NFL... But, I like it none the less from an entertainment POV.. LOL!

The thing is, obviously you have to have the fan prepared ahead of time. So the teams could do tryouts, make them an honorary Brown for the day- it writes itself really.

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 7:47 AM, Bob806 said:

I believe the North should be:

Bills

BROWNS

Colts

Steelers

5 minutes ago, AP1 said:

Bills

BROWNS

Colts

Steelers

I would put the Colts in the NFC and bring Detroit in with CLE, Buff.Pitts..

38 minutes ago, AP1 said:

Bills

BROWNS

Colts

Steelers

CLE, Cincy, & Pitt together since 1970 (Oilers were the 4th). The NFL hasn't liked to break up long standing rivalries, which makes some sense. That's why NE, NYJets, & Buffalo remain eternally tied together- old AFL rivals.

Expansion brought Minnesota, Cincy, Miami, New Orleans, & Atlanta in the 60s.

AFL-NFL merger 1970. 

Tennessee, Indy, Baltimore, Raiders, & Rams are carpetbagger- type teams who's owners left for greener pa$ture$. The Cardinals could be included there as well ( Chicago, St. Louis, AZ). The Chargers moved to LA because Kroenke , Jerry Jones, & Robert Kraft pressured Goodell into 2 LA teams. 

Yeah, I'm rambling a bit but I'd be against Cincy being booted from our division. 

Just get those damn Ratbirds out of here. They rewarded Modell & bitch-slapped CLE with the alignment.

On 11/7/2023 at 1:36 PM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

As stupid as as some of this shit is, some of the actual modern day rule changes are just as stupid.

By 2030 it will be unsportsmanlike conduct to make eye contact with the opposing QB.

As stupid as this thread is, it's had more participation than a lot of the others.

You sure have a knack for sucking people in. Were you a salesman? lol