Comp: 21

Attmpt: 35

Rating: 74.1

Totals for first 4 games

21.5 points per game

85 total points in 4 games

1 win and 3 losses

Rating: 63.8

Point of story, even Super Bowl QB's are given a chance to get comfortable. I'm still hoping for great things from Quinn. His reputation is better leadership and less turn overs than he displayed on Sunday. The only thing for this team to do at this point is get behind him 100%.

Chin up mates, let's see how this story unfolds.

N.B. Anybody else watch JaMarcus last night? With over a year's experience, "appropriately" drafted higher than Quinn according to draft experts, and a full off season of snaps, he lays an egg with a QB rating of 45 last night. I wonder what Raider nation is saying.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus H. christ who f'ing cares....

What the hell is the point of comparing him to this, like its going to have any baring what-so-ever on what he becomes.

Lets talk about something besides the QB for a change, OK?

We'll see how he does this year, the answers are coming, so stop asking.

We should be much more worried about the O line....

If you believe Quinn deserves more time, than this thread is indeed pointless for you AdaM. No big deal.

If you believe we should pull Quinn now, mad he "shit the bead", or bummed he didn't look better, then maybe this will give you some other thoughts.

I'm definitely not in the 2nd camp. Not unless this is how he plays every game. And even then, its better than the pick-6's of old.

If you believe Quinn deserves more time, than this thread is indeed pointless for you AdaM. No big deal.

If you believe we should pull Quinn now, mad he "shit the bead", or bummed he didn't look better, then maybe this will give you some other thoughts.

Ocon No logical Browns fans think Quinn should be pulled now, Lumbergh is NOT a browns fan.

Quinn deserves at lease 5-7 more games period. the right side of the Oline is not his fault nor is the droppsies or recievers running different routes than what they are suppossed to.

Quinn did take some shots down the field and had that nice scambling pass, that being said he seems to be checking down constantly to running backs and tight ends or 3 yard passes to recievers.

Maybe thats not a bad thing maybe it is, we will see how multiple teams game plan defensively for us and IF he does not throw those 15-25 yard tight ropes that are absolutely necessary to keep defenses honest we will be in trouble as an offense and team. The defense I thought looked much improved in the first half but got wore down in the second, the offense needs to sustain drives to give them breathers.

Now IF Quinn looks the same over the next 3-4 games the screams will get louder to put DA in and probably rightfully so.

I am not for pulling Quinn, at least anytime soon.

If he keeps playing badly, I pull him before he hits his incentive mark and bench him the rest of the season..I would play the 3rd guy before I allowed his money to kick in.

That will strap us next year or make it very hard to unload the guy in a trade...game 6-7 is the point you consider putting him on the shelf....well below that 70% of snaps mark.

Its easy to get all out of whack over a percieved failure of an opening game against a top notch team with a new regime and starting qb....i always tend to overreact to a loss on opening day its one of those little things over the past 10 years that just eats at ya especially with the press and friends that are fans of other teams rubbing it in your face...

Mangini manned up and took a lot of the heat and thats good enough time to move on we have a long ways to go but bq will get us there eventually....;)

Ocon No logical Browns fans think Quinn should be pulled now...

Agree. I'm still for seeing how he does until the bye week, but there is the business aspect to consider as 'peen points out. Improvement sooner rather than later is needed. Tough opponents can't be the excuse forever, in fact, I think he only gets that excuse last week. Now (over the first 6-8 games), its time to put up solid performances.

If you believe Quinn deserves more time,

He doesn't deserve anything ... he needs to produce.

He's in his third year, those games for the Mannings were as rookies thrown to the wolves.

Quinn has a very capable backup with a stronger arm and a 10-win Pro Bowl season on his resume.

He needs to start playing like he deserves to be starting.

I expect it.

Zombo

Quinn has a very capable backup with a stronger arm and a 10-win Pro Bowl season on his resume.

Zombo[/b][/color]

Not to hijack my own thread, but is anyone else surprised DA wasn't even mentioned regarding the Delhomme and McNabb situations? I guess Feeley is perceived to be better despite his lack of Pro Bowls and 10-win seasons. ;)

Not to hijack my own thread, but is anyone else surprised DA wasn't even mentioned regarding the Delhomme and McNabb situations? I guess Feeley is perceived to be better despite his lack of Pro Bowls and 10-win seasons. ;)

I'm not surprised because it looks like he may be needed in Cleveland.

Zombo

--Quinn has some big escalators in his contract ... he's not getting the whole year to pull off Garo Yepremiem imitations ... I expect him to pull it together this week (for his sake he better start soon).

Guest ATENEARS

I'm not surprised, they look at the Cleveland Browns situation and realize that Anderson is needed here just as badly if not more-so than anywhere else.

Had Quinn stepped up last year, this off-season or training camp, or was even lights-out in Game 1 ... then DA might be view as expendable here. But today, he's as much as the near future of this team as the current starter.

hey Ocon, what you really want is for DA to be shipped outta town pronto, then your BF has less of a threat waiting on the bench to replace him..the Browns would be fools to get rid of DA now...you can make all the comparisons with other qb's ya want..it doesn't mean shit...all that means anything is the numbers in the win/lose column..Quinn reminded me a lot of Russel ,both have accuracy problems.

Guest ATENEARS
Chill Adam, this post was for the overreacting pussies who can't handle Browns football.

I obviously love this Browns football, I even upgraded my season tickets this season. I guess it would be more telling though to make an excuse for shitty play at least 8 posts per day.

Zombo..... Eli Manning sucked for 3 years before he started playing well at the very end of the season and in the playoffs when they won the superbowl.

Eli gave 48 games of suckage before he started playing well, and your going to give Quinn only 10? Tell me how that makes sense? Quinn needs a few years of IN GAME experience to play well. We cant expect him to be a superstar right away.

We have to let him learn from his mistakes for a season or two. Practice, sadly, is not the game. Completely different. Trent Edwards has been at times downright awful these past few seasons.... He was an all star last night...

Quinn WILL be good, I say play him till it clicks Whether it takes 3 games or 3 years

Guest ATENEARS
Zombo..... Eli Manning sucked for 3 years before he started playing well at the very end of the season and in the playoffs when they won the superbowl.

Eli gave 48 games of suckage before he started playing well, and your going to give Quinn only 10? Tell me how that makes sense? Quinn needs a few years of IN GAME experience to play well. We cant expect him to be a superstar right away.

We have to let him learn from his mistakes for a season or two. Practice, sadly, is not the game. Completely different. Trent Edwards has been at times downright awful these past few seasons.... He was an all star last night...

Quinn WILL be good, I say play him till it clicks Whether it takes 3 games or 3 years

That's a nice analogy ... now apply it to DA's situation without flip-flopping.

Playground, you know the NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG don't ya?I have no idea how old you are, but I am old enough to remember when the Browns were FEARED..not anymore..ever since we have come back we have pretty much sucked...if you don't believe in the not for long theory ask Chris Palmer, ask Butch Davis, ask Romeo...ask the three OCs that were fired before this season even began.

We don't have the TIME to wait for Quinn to blossom...we are a small market team, Unlike the Giants who had other stars on the team when Eli was drafted...you think Lerner has that kinda patience?It's a "what have you done for me LATELY" league...you think Mangini,who wants to keep his job,wants to walk into Randy's office and say.."Um Boss,I think Quinn needs another two years to blossom"? He'd be out of town in a heartbeat..

Nice post. On Monday night football last year Jaws said of Quinn, "A star is born."

Whether Quinn lives up to it, I have no idea, but Jaws saw good things in Quinn.

He has Peyton Manning-like study habbits, he's already calling plays, who knows he might turn out to be a good one. I certainly hope so, the fans deserve some success from the Browns.

Peyton Manning

9/06/98 vs MIA L 15-24

Attmpt:37

Rating: 56.8

9/13/98 @ NE L 6-29

Attmpt: 33

Rating: 63.6

9/20/98 @ NYJ L 6-44

Comp: 20

Attmpt: 44

Rating: 45.5

9/27/98 NO L 13-19

Comp: 19

Attmpt: 32

Rating: 59.4

Totals for first 4 games

10 points per game

40 total points in 4 games

4 losses

Rating: 56.3

Eli Manning

9/12/04 @ PHI L 17-31

Comp: 3

Attmpt: 9

Rating: 60.4

11/21/04 ATL L 10-14

Comp: 17

Attmp: 37

Rating: 45.1

11/28/04 PHI L 6-27

Comp: 6

Attmp: 21

Rating: 16.9

12/05/04 @ WAS L 7-31

Comp: 12

Attmpt: 25

Rating: 60.9

Totals for first 4 games

10 points per game

40 total points in 4 games

4 losses

Rating: 45.8

Brady Quinn

11/06/08 DEN L 30-34

Comp: 22

Rating: 104.3

11/17/08 @ BUF W 29-27

Comp: 14

Attmpt: 36

Rating: 55.9

11/23/08 HOU L 6-16

Comp: 8

Attmpt: 18

Rating: 21.3

09/13/08 MIN L 20-34

Rating: 74.1

Totals for first 4 games

21.5 points per game

85 total points in 4 games

1 win and 3 losses

Rating: 63.8

Point of story, even Super Bowl QB's are given a chance to get comfortable. I'm still hoping for great things from Quinn. His reputation is better leadership and less turn overs than he displayed on Sunday. The only thing for this team to do at this point is get behind him 100%.

Chin up mates, let's see how this story unfolds.

N.B. Anybody else watch JaMarcus last night? With over a year's experience, "appropriately" drafted higher than Quinn according to draft experts, and a full off season of snaps, he lays an egg with a QB rating of 45 last night. I wonder what Raider nation is saying.

6th round pick

True. Most 6th round picks don't get the first round long leash. Just the way it is.

Most declining QB's don't get a second chance, especially if they're yanked for the lack of production after 8 games and then lose a QB competition the following year. DA was being figured out by defenses last year. Case in point, the Bungles games of '08.

We have to let him learn from his mistakes for a season or two.

Bull Phucken Shit.

He deserves ... we have to ...

No, no, no.

He needs to win and prove he deserves to be starting now.

Anderson put up 3,700 yards, 29 TDs and 10 wins his first year as a starter.

He was a sixth round pick, two training camps, four emergency starts, one year in the system, new offensive coordinator, taking over a team that was 4-13 and going 10-5 with them.

There is no good argument that Quinn needs to be babyfed or that we have to endure two more seasons of suckage because for some reason "we have to".

I thought Quinn won the job because the coaching staff decided he was better. Right here. Right now. That is what I fully expect. If you are telling me that Quinn is a two-year project that we must suffer with instead of having a better chance of winning games right now with Anderson ... then I am telling you that you are dead wrong.

I'm not giving up on Quinn. I'm saying I'm very disappointed and his window of opportunity just shrunk.

This was the guy that was the most "NFL-ready" QB prospect of his class. I'm sitting here three years later watching him dink around and play Keystone Kops while the only guy that has given me any hope at the position over the past decade dutifully backs him up.

Quinn needs to come out this week, win a football game, take command of the offense and put this shit to bed. It's in his hands.

Zombo

Here Ill give you this ultimatum Zombo.......

Quinn plays 10 more games doesnt play up to your standards and gets pulled, career backup. We draft yet another QB, take time to develop that QB, go into rebuilding, because by the time that QB is in his prime (if he even turns out to be good) Our current cast will be too old to support him, Joe Thomas will maybe be out of the league retired, Braylon Gone... etc.

Or

Quinn plays the rest of the season not completely up to your standards, then we start him again the following year, same deal, we give him one more chance and he becomes Peyton Manning and a Superbowl Winner.

Here Ill give you this ultimatum Zombo.......

Quinn plays 10 more games doesnt play up to your standards and gets pulled, career backup. We draft yet another QB, take time to develop that QB, go into rebuilding, because by the time that QB is in his prime (if he even turns out to be good) Our current cast will be too old to support him, Joe Thomas will maybe be out of the league retired, Braylon Gone... etc.

Or

Quinn plays the rest of the season not completely up to your standards, then we start him again the following year, same deal, we give him one more chance and he becomes Peyton Manning and a Superbowl Winner.

How bout he starts winning in September or it's Anderson's team in October.

Zombo

Hey Playground...you remember Vince Young don't ya? You know,the QB who beat OSU in the Shoe,the expected number 1 overall pick,the one the Houston Texans DIDN'T pick, DESPITE massive pressure from their fans.

Look at Young now...riding the pine while an aging veteran runs the team, He was given a shot,and Jeff Fisher,a coach who IMO,knows what's up benched him,despite his huge contract,because he thought,and it seems he was right,that Young couldn't win. Like Zombo says,we don't have time for "project players" and if Quinn turns out to be a project he needs yanked.

Plus with the way bq's contract is structured they wouldn't want to pay him incentive money so he can stink up the joint,just like the Titans didn't want to pay young,or the Niners didn't want to pay Alex Smith. It's a business,first and foremost.

Archived