THE BROWNS BOARD

Fantasy Hockey

Beanpot

Hey gang, CIMO set up a fantasy hockey league if anyone is interested. Very low pressure, free league just to pass the time during the winter months. Anyone who reads the board is welcome to join and it doesn't matter one bit if you follow hockey or not.

It's a yahoo league so you need to create a yahoo account if you don't have one (takes a minute) and then go here:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

After that, you're going to want to get a team, then accept an invitation to join a custom league. It'll then ask you to input a league ID - which is 108504 - and a password - which is simply the word "puck" without the quotes. Just send me or CIMO a PM if you have any trouble.

Beanpot

Hey gang, CIMO set up a fantasy hockey league if anyone is interested. Very low pressure, free league just to pass the time during the winter months. Anyone who reads the board is welcome to join and it doesn't matter one bit if you follow hockey or not.

It's a yahoo league so you need to create a yahoo account if you don't have one (takes a minute) and then go here:

After that, you're going to want to get a team, then accept an invitation to join a custom league. It'll then ask you to input a league ID - which is 108504 - and a password - which is simply the word "puck" without the quotes. Just send me or CIMO a PM if you have any trouble.

Beanpot

I'm thinking about starting a fantasy pocket pool league. If anybody is interested I will forward your inquiries to

Pat Megroin

Jack Mehof

Ivan I'l Cutyrcocof

In the mean time I'm going to make like a hockey player and get the puck outta here!

Beanpot

I am in Beans...I am learning about the fantasy stuff hanging with you and Cimo...I have to figure out how you guys cheat to always be at the top. ;)

I am in Beans...I am learning about the fantasy stuff hanging with you and Cimo...I have to figure out how you guys cheat to always be at the top. ;)

Awesome Peen, was hoping you'd join! I've played once several years ago and finished far, FAR from the top. May well have been the bottom. But it's a fun time and you'll have the pleasure of figuring out which of Getzlaf, Kozlov, Frolov or Markov is on your team while watching post-game highlights.

Beanpot

Guest ATENEARS

I have a co-worker that was just asking why we don't have a hockey league. I told him to start one. He has since entered two leagues and now has no time to play in this one.

There should be some interest though. Perhaps all the Canadians we get to the Tailgate parties will play.

Beanpot

I guess you got to do something since I wiped the floor with you in football.

Don't forget Mike Hawke.

It's either this or curl up in a ball and cry. Pretty sure Drew Brees scored more points than my entire team.

Beanpot

LOL, everyone has those weeks. I am sure I will to. Just messing. Yea WTF is up with Drew Brees. One of the TD's I saw him throw was almost like a cartoon pass. Watch the 2nd TD in the first quarter.

Brees throws most perfect spiral ever

It's either this or curl up in a ball and cry. Pretty sure Drew Brees scored more points than my entire team.

Beanpot

Would anyone object to my joining? I would be in the know absolutely zip catagory. I played in a public league 2 years ago, I was 9 of 12. At least not last. And like it was said, it's somthin' to do.

And yeah, Brees kicked butt, got my team a nice 41 points.

Heidi

Guest TheJokersWILD

I catch shit for starting a thread about remebering an actor who died of cancer but nobody cares when someone starts a thread about FANTASY FUKCING HOCKEY? :rolleyes: PLEASE..........Maybe I'll start a thread about fantasy dart throwing

Would anyone object to my joining?

Nope. I just got fully back on the NHL wagon last year (for the first time since '03-ish) and I don't think anyone else in the league so far is much different. Definitely no need to worry about embarrassing yourself.

And I pity anyone refusing to acknowledge hockey as a sport. There's finally some great teams and a lot of incredible players again...and the Blue Jackets might be the most likable team in Ohio these days. A playoff team loaded with young talent, and actually locking up their best players to long-term deals. Strangely refreshing.

I'm in. I know absolutely zilch about hockey so whoever joins can be certain that they won't be in last place!

You have played other sports long enough to know that even if you know what you are doing a large degree of luck is involved.

In this, just pick Russians and RedWings. ;)

Archived