THE BROWNS BOARD

Abe Elams latest blog

Press

New Entry:

It was my first home game at Cleveland Browns Stadium, the Dawg Pound was live and it was a great atmosphere for a football game. Definitely an experience I will never forget.

Unfortunately we were not able to win this one for the fans. We set a great tempo in the first half but just couldn’t keep it up in the second half and the Vikings played real well. With a great back like Adrian Peterson you have to keep plugging away at him for all four quarters. If he gets to the edge he can take it the distance, and that’s what we found out on Sunday. You can definitely see why he’s an All-Pro. He runs the ball hard every time and has a great O-line. All those things make Minnesota tough to beat.

I was able to get a sack on Brett Favre and that was kind of cool. I came off the edge on a blitz, got picked up by Bryant McKinnie but was able to fight him off a little bit and trip up Brett. It was a big play for us at the time. We pressured Brett early and didn’t give up any big plays in the passing game, that was big for us in the secondary.

Brett and I talked before and after the game. We were teammates last year with the Jets so it was good seeing him again. I was glad to see Vikings quarterbacks Coach Kevin Rogers, he was one of my favorite college coaches being that he helped recruit me to Notre Dame.

The first half we were executing our game plan and doing the things we were supposed to do, playing them tough. Minnesota did a good job of making adjustments, coming out and playing their type of football. They wanted to run the ball and they were able to do that.

Sunday we have Denver and it will be my first time ever going to Mile High Stadium with the altitude and the thin air. It will definitely be a new experience for me. It’s a good challenge for us because Denver has a lot of talent with receivers like Brandon Marshall, Brandon Stokley and Eddie Royal and backs like Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter. It’s definitely a challenge and I take it as such. I already started my preparation for Denver today.

Once again I want to thank the fans for their support. This is a great place to play football.

Abram Elam is a safety with the Cleveland Browns. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.abeelam.com. Follow him on Twitter @abeelam.

Archived