THE BROWNS BOARD

With BQ, we should have traded BE instead of K2

Solon16

It seems to me that BE and DA have something in the go deep department(pun intented), and that BQ was really matched well with K2. Looking back, if we knew the Qb, I think we should have traded BE instead of K2. Quinn was always k2's choice(imo), those two had synchonicity(sp). The draft would make a helluva lot more sense, if we kept k2.

Pat Mcmanhan, whom i don't like, wrote my exact thoughts on the viks game in regard to BQ:

" He threw short here, short there and short everywhere.

When he did throw downfield, it was a fade or a deep go down the sideline. There were very few over-the-middle 20-yard ins or slants or posts when the game was ''competitive.''

Quinn has his strengths, but taking chances down the field does not seem to be one of them at this point in his career. He'll do it occasionally, but more often than not, he'll take the checkdown.

Which led to him having 72 yards passing early in the fourth quarter."

Quinn will get better, but when i see him play, i don't see the long td pass and quick strike capability. I see a 5-15 yard qb and hope for a broken tackle and yac.

P.s. Does anyone else think he looks like bilbo baggins out there...i thought he was like 6'3?

Trading K2 was a good idea. That guy and his knee is a goner in 2 years if he doesnt take care. The problem is that we have removed our reliable TE and replaced him with a not so reliable guy. Trading BE too will put us ages behind in rebuilding. when we took BE we knew what his positives and negatives were. So now is not the best time to be complaining.

Hanging on to JJ for another year was the safest option IMO.

Trading K2 was a good idea. That guy and his knee is a goner in 2 years if he doesnt take care. The problem is that we have removed our reliable TE and replaced him with a not so reliable guy. Trading BE too will put us ages behind in rebuilding. when we took BE we knew what his positives and negatives were. So now is not the best time to be complaining.

Hanging on to JJ for another year was the safest option IMO.

I'd say CLE traded one reliable/unreliable TE and replaced him with another reliabel/unreliable TE. Winslow was a reliable receiving option, but unreliable run blocking or pass blocking. Royal is just the opposite, in that he is reliable run blocking and pass blocking, but unreliable as a receiver. I like Winslow a lot, but I agree, CLE made the right move in getting value for him now. He wasn't in the long term plans.

Hanging on to JJ was not an option. There is a reason he is not playing for anyone else now either. I am pretty sure the staph infections he got ended his days of being able to play.

K2 Was a cancer.

The Browns stood by him with all the stupid things he did and all he did once he got back on the field was cry for more money.

You cant have a "me" guy around a bunch of young players when your trying to put a team together.

BE is only somewhat humble right now because his contract is up after this season and he has to prove he can hold onto a football so he can make the big bucks,chances are he wont be here next year either.

Next year we'll get a receiver and OL in round 1 or 1 and 2.

I thought JJ had recovered in the end but age and contract was the reason he was not considered.

Well, according to the lawsuit he's filed against the Browns over the staph infection claims ""Jurevicius may never be able to play professional football again." So I have to guess it ended is playing days at this point.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I think we need to give BQ and BE time to get it together since manfooli had to play a little game of guess the QB and squander a lot of growth time but i dont have a good feeling about BE honestly... i do believe that MoMass is ready to run deep patterns and could be a more effective deep threat that could draw heat off of BE..

We need more deep routes in the current gameplan/scheme with TEs and RBs doing all the underneath stuff...

I'd say CLE traded one reliable/unreliable TE and replaced him with another reliabel/unreliable TE. Winslow was a reliable receiving option, but unreliable run blocking or pass blocking. Royal is just the opposite, in that he is reliable run blocking and pass blocking, but unreliable as a receiver. I like Winslow a lot, but I agree, CLE made the right move in getting value for him now. He wasn't in the long term plans.

Hanging on to JJ was not an option. There is a reason he is not playing for anyone else now either. I am pretty sure the staph infections he got ended his days of being able to play.

also K2 was Very reliable for a 15 yd penalty in the 4th.

It seems to me that BE and DA have something in the go deep department(pun intented), and that BQ was really matched well with K2. Looking back, if we knew the Qb, I think we should have traded BE instead of K2. Quinn was always k2's choice(imo), those two had synchonicity(sp). The draft would make a helluva lot more sense, if we kept k2.

Pat Mcmanhan, whom i don't like, wrote my exact thoughts on the viks game in regard to BQ:

" He threw short here, short there and short everywhere.

When he did throw downfield, it was a fade or a deep go down the sideline. There were very few over-the-middle 20-yard ins or slants or posts when the game was ''competitive.''

Quinn has his strengths, but taking chances down the field does not seem to be one of them at this point in his career. He'll do it occasionally, but more often than not, he'll take the checkdown.

Which led to him having 72 yards passing early in the fourth quarter."

Quinn will get better, but when i see him play, i don't see the long td pass and quick strike capability. I see a 5-15 yard qb and hope for a broken tackle and yac.

P.s. Does anyone else think he looks like bilbo baggins out there...i thought he was like 6'3?

I don't mind the dink and dunk style. With DA, he folds under blitz. Teams know that. You have to be able to do those little touch passes. With BQ, if he gets comfortable, he can handle the blitz with a quick dump or scramble as he has shown in the past. DA can't do either of those. BQ would be great for a west coast quick short passes offense. Sure I'd love to combine the talents of each, but we have to deal with it.

He has shown he can throw it too. So hopefully he will become more confident and add that to his game and then we'll have a great qb.

Although I liked him as a player, we got rid of the right guy at the right time, IMO.

spot on. while BE has scopes of improving and hey if his voided TD catch was something to go by, we will still have a legit threat for years to come. K2 was like our Wall street going down down down, with no bailout.

No, I definitely think they will go for Defensive line help. Whatever the hell they do they need to start stopping the run.

They stopped the run just fine in the first half, they need endurance.

I'm still trying to figure out how Quinn threw deep multiple times all 4 years in college. The guy was always throwing bombs for completions to people. But now he can't throw deep? Do the big guns get in the way?

People misconstrue the arm strength with going deep. Young QB's generally go against 2 and 3 deep coverages or at times with 8 in the box. It basically takes away the deep threat while putting the strong safety up tight. They have to show a propensity to beat that coverage with underneath stuff that beats the blitz and moves the chains. It also helps to have a running game of substance. Once defenses are forced to adjust then they can start taking shots downfield.

While I agree you have to take some shots in the middle of the field I would rather my guy not force it. I would rather the offense dictate to the defense what they're going to do. You get dinked and dunked on enough with the chains moving you'll change things up.

Quinn took some shots last week with Braylon when there was no safety help. On the one it was a TD and the other it was a miscommunication for a pick.

We traded the right player in that KWII is on the downside of his career physically.... I'm amazed that he stilllays at a high level...

BE can be a beast if he's focused.. I hate to say it but we don't have any burners in our receiving corps which would take pressure off of BE...

I agree with ya Riffer, you have to take what the defense gives you and play to your strengths....

Unlike you however I still haven't made up my mind about Brady.... I question his arm strength, in that, you need to throw ropes on those 25 - 30 yard passes.... Your D backs have so much speed that the window of opportunity closes so quickly....

Brady had a bad game against the Vikings but the good thing is, theres another game this week and we'll see if he grows and learns from his mistakes....

Peace

T.Dawg

We traded the right player in that KWII is on the downside of his career physically.... I'm amazed that he stilllays at a high level...

BE can be a beast if he's focused.. I hate to say it but we don't have any burners in our receiving corps which would take pressure off of BE...

I agree with ya Riffer, you have to take what the defense gives you and play to your strengths....

Unlike you however I still haven't made up my mind about Brady.... I question his arm strength, in that, you need to throw ropes on those 25 - 30 yard passes.... Your D backs have so much speed that the window of opportunity closes so quickly....

Brady had a bad game against the Vikings but the good thing is, theres another game this week and we'll see if he grows and learns from his mistakes....

Peace

T.Dawg

The question will be though, will it be a better game because he learned/gets more practice time in with the #1's or will it be a better game because hes playing against a less tenacious defense? I agree though that you don't force the long ball just to keep the "arm strength" question at bay, you read the coverage and take what the d gives you.

I hate to say it but we don't have any burners in our receiving corps which would take pressure off of BE...

This is what Stallworth was ostensibly signed for. In theory it should have worked waaaaaay better than it did in practice.

Where are James Jett, Willie Gault and, I dunno, Usain Bolt when you need them.

:blink: huh?

Well considering the DB had to ride Braylons out of bounds and he still came back in and caught it for a TD only to have it taken away by a cunt hair review yeah, it was a TD. It doesn't go into the stat books as one, but the point was it was a deep ball with isolated coverage.

Carry on choco ono

Peace

T.Dawg

Not sure where I ever said I was convinced about anything regarding Quinn, I just want to see him for a year. I think he has plenty of arm though, that has been discussed ad nauseum here with quite a bit of proof that he has plenty of arm needed.

Nobody is saying he has DA's arm, but he has an NFL arm.

Well considering the DB had to ride Braylons out of bounds and he still came back in and caught it for a TD only to have it taken away by a xxxx hair review yeah, it was a TD. It doesn't go into the stat books as one, but the point was it was a deep ball with isolated coverage.

Carry on choco ono

rules are rules....every team abides by them. hence...not a TD.

did we get 6 points? no? ok then

only to have it taken away by a xxxx hair review yeah, it was a TD.

while we're at it, let's give Anderson the TD to Winslow at Arizona in 2007 because he was pushed out.

That gives the Browns the W, so he really went 11-4.

That also puts CLE in the playoffs that year, so he is a playoff QB.

Also that is his 30th TD for the year, so he is actually the franchise record holder for TDs in a season.

while we're at it, let's give Anderson the TD to Winslow at Arizona in 2007 because he was pushed out.

That gives the Browns the W, so he really went 11-4.

That also puts CLE in the playoffs that year, so he is a playoff QB.

Also that is his 30th TD for the year, so he is actually the franchise record holder for TDs in a season.

:rolleyes::lol:

Archived