THE BROWNS BOARD

With BQ, we should have traded BE instead of K2

Solon16

no...its a stupid point. at this rate, queen will have 30TD's by the end of the season, while still being outscored by dawson.

Because you say so? If you understood the point you wouldn't even say what I bolded above. No one is saying it actually is a TD or counts as one. Scoring a TD in the air was never the point. The point was even specifically stated in Riffers post you responded to: "but the point was it was a deep ball with isolated coverage"

now who's missing the point.....tubes101.....lol

Still you chief, still you. Deciding you want to change the point doesn't actually change the point of what you responded to.

The point is....BQ is a better Qb with K2 than with BE...IMO. Lost in this hijacked thread is the draft doesn't make sense to me by keeping BE...we brought it patten(for the he's a Mentor crowd), furrey is seasoned as well. Keeping K2 and adding royal made alot more sense than keeping BE when you take two 2nd round wr's. Second rounders are suppossed to contribute right away...we have three riding pine for the most part. It wont be to long before Edwards starts his me first,(i'm in a contract year)throw me the ball crap. Heated words on sideline ala TO. I mean ....we have three 2nd rounders on the bench....which to me... SUX ass. Kokinis you are on notice!

The point is....BQ is a better Qb with K2 than with BE...IMO. Lost in this hijacked thread is the draft doesn't make sense to me by keeping BE...we brought it patten(for the he's a Mentor crowd), furrey is seasoned as well. Keeping K2 and adding royal made alot more sense than keeping BE when you take two 2nd round wr's. Second rounders are suppossed to contribute right away...we have three riding pine for the most part. It wont be to long before Edwards starts his me first,(i'm in a contract year)throw me the ball crap. Heated words on sideline ala TO. I mean ....we have three 2nd rounders on the bench....which to me... SUX ass. Kokinis you are on notice!

just cos we have MoMass and Robiskie does not mean we should trade away BE. We dont know if they have even half the talent level of BE. If they were that good wont they see some playing time atleast ? The only reason i think we got 2 receivers is insurance, in case we get a big trade offer for BE after the draft. From what i have seem both of them are as inconsistent as BE and anyone who assumes that they both are currently as good as BE or better are wrong.

Keeping K2 would have made sense but the bucks did not come for BE. We got a trade offer which we felt was good and traded ..

just cos we have MoMass and Robiskie does not mean we should trade away BE. We dont know if they have even half the talent level of BE. If they were that good wont they see some playing time atleast ? The only reason i think we got 2 receivers is insurance, in case we get a big trade offer for BE after the draft. From what i have seem both of them are as inconsistent as BE and anyone who assumes that they both are currently as good as BE or better are wrong.

Keeping K2 would have made sense but the bucks did not come for BE. We got a trade offer which we felt was good and traded ..

BS...2nd rounders as expected to start...not as "Insurance"...p.s "just cos we have MoMass and Robiskie does not mean we should trade away BE." we did try to trade BE!

"We dont know if they have even half the talent level of BE. Don't draft them in the second round! Second rounders are expected to start!

"From what i have seem both of them are as inconsistent as BE" I haven't seen the on the field yet, but for a play here and there....again questionable draft picks

"anyone who assumes that they both are currently as good as BE or better are wrong." Again to my point....Questionable strategy in the draft room...

FINALLY...THREE SECOND ROUND DRAFT PICKS NOT IMPACTING GAME....YET! I HOPE THEY DO!

while we're at it, let's give Anderson the TD to Winslow at Arizona in 2007 because he was pushed out.

That gives the Browns the W, so he really went 11-4.

That also puts CLE in the playoffs that year, so he is a playoff QB.

Also that is his 30th TD for the year, so he is actually the franchise record holder for TDs in a season.

Wow, thats close. A whatever hair away from being the franchise leader for td's. That would totally suck with DA's name in our record books. Wonder what kind of hair it was in that Cincy game?

the more i watch BE the more i agree. he can't run routes worth crap really. bad deep ball route that last game, and he always lets the defender get in front of him on those slants.

I have to dissagree with you Alendor. Braylon's biggest strength is the hardest part of being a WR, he gets open A LOT! And then he drops it. He does let corners get in front of him on slants which should never happen when you have that large of a size advantage but those balls are also supposed to be thrown in the WR's gut, not his hands. Which I thought DA did a pretty good job with. Probably because that route also requires the QB to throw it hard and fast. Anyways, when they are thrown too far in front of the WR, the DB has a much easier time getting his hands in there to make a play because the path of the ball becomes seperation between the WR and the ball and that does half of the DB's job for him right there. But he does get open a whole lot. Finishing the play has been his biggest issue.

And that deep route last game I thought was fine. If I were him I would have went inside with it also because there was WAAAY more space inside to make a play on the ball. The sideline is just one more defender. One of DA's "inaccurate" throws would have been inside where Braylon could have made a play on it or most likely drop it. But any reciever has a better chance against a DB than he does against a sideline.

Archived