THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn at Work

shepwrite

Great article on OBR that reminds you of why we like Quinn so much: He's talking all about working harder, getting the timing down, getting that full week of first team reps (finally), and moving forward. He sounds confident but not cocky. He said he'll never say he had a good game if the team lost.

Lewis and BE both said they look forward to Quinn knowing he's the guy this season, with getting more confident and more comfortable.

It's a good article.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ATENEARS
Great article on OBR that reminds you of why we like Quinn so much: He's talking all about working harder, getting the timing down, getting that full week of first team reps (finally), and moving forward. He sounds confident but not cocky. He said he'll never say he had a good game if the team lost.

Lewis and BE both said they look forward to Quinn knowing he's the guy this season, with getting more confident and more comfortable.

It's a good article.

Hey if you find an article about him laying around and fattening up on twinkies after getting high, or an article on how he repeatidly gets behind the wheel and drives intoxicated, or even one where his teammates state what an asshole womanizer he is ... let Lums and I know, m-kay?

Those are all the qualities I saw in Ken the snake Stabler.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Hey if you find an article about him laying around and fattening up on twinkies after getting high, or an article on how he repeatidly gets behind the wheel and drives intoxicated, or even one where his teammates state what an asshole womanizer he is ... let Lums and I know, m-kay?

Did the pretty-boy quarterback at your high school nail your girlfriend way back then? You seem obssessed with this hate for the guy.

He's a first round pick. Ya I know he did a free-fall at the draft but after the fish took Ginn, there wasn't anyone for a dozen picks who needed a QB. And if he sucked so bad, how did he set so many records with weak teams at ND.

Don't you want to see if he'll pan out?

You sound like you'd be happier if he flopped then if he made improvements and helped the team win. I've read your stuff, you know your football; it's just confusing why you hate a guy that has 4 games under his belt. 2 of which were with a broken finger on his throwing hand. You've already decided he sucks. I could care less who's behind the center, I just don't want to see another 1st rounder wasted.

Did the pretty-boy quarterback at your high school nail your girlfriend way back then? You seem obssessed with this hate for the guy.

He's a first round pick. Ya I know he did a free-fall at the draft but after the fish took Ginn, there wasn't anyone for a dozen picks who needed a QB. And if he sucked so bad, how did he set so many records with weak teams at ND.

Don't you want to see if he'll pan out?

You sound like you'd be happier if he flopped then if he made improvements and helped the team win. I've read your stuff, you know your football; it's just confusing why you hate a guy that has 4 games under his belt. 2 of which were with a broken finger on his throwing hand. You've already decided he sucks. I could care less who's behind the center, I just don't want to see another 1st rounder wasted.

Because the board would be less exciting. Stan is a non-conformist to the max.

Because the board would be less exciting. Stan is a non-conformist to the max.

Non-conformists don't wear jean shorts.

He's a businessman and a hater. But he happens to own the only Browns board worth posting on, so it is what it is.

Guest ATENEARS

Actually more of a knock on the limp-wrist story ... QB works hard, says all the right things, teammates love him, helped granny across the street ....

I mean, what do you think they are going to give access to the reporter on? The pissed off player who just got cut and wants to burn down every bridge on the way out the door?

You tell me that if that same story was pinned up on DA that it wouldn't get abused?

And to answer your question, the pretty boy QB at my high school partied just liked the rest of us, popped speed, smoked weed, drank everything he could pour down his face at the parties ... just like the rest of us. If you guys think this kid sits up on this pedestal and preaches clean living and do-good vibes ... your an idiot.

I'd be embarrassed to report that story right there.

The Snake was/is great. you could always count on him to beat the pukers when nobody else could. Going back even further To Bobbie

Layne, the only puker I ever respected. Dandy Don Meridith was a kickass gunslinger with Dallas. Then there was always Broad Joe

Nameth who was followed by the pittspuke version, Skidrow Joe Gilliam(?). All high character guys Mangini would love.

Guest ATENEARS
Good for us fans to read something optomistic.

Makes the rest of us puke. It's football man, blood, guts and glory ... who the hell needs a feel-good story to make them like this game more?

God Damn man, what the hell happened to this forum?

Satn's got this shit down. IF Cleveland gets better and starts winning some games while Queen is solid and showing improvement each week, he can claim it's because guys like him refused to accept mediocrity. If things go south and Quinn shows no improvement, he will have been right about everything.

Reminds me some of a little old poster named da ich.

It's a good article.

Looking forward to it actually translating to effort on the field of battle BQs ma boy but its time to walk the walk not just talk the talk....;)

And every politician promises a better tommorow...;)

Guest ATENEARS
Satn's got this shit down. IF Cleveland gets better and starts winning some games while Queen is solid and showing improvement each week, he can claim it's because guys like him refused to accept mediocrity. If things go south and Quinn shows no improvement, he will have been right about everything.

Reminds me some of a little old poster named da ich.

Whatever it takes ... call me an asshole if it makes you "feel good" ... but this game ain't about feeling good and this forum ain't here to make each other feel good. Tighten your chin strap because I have a lot of work here to do, I'm just warming up.

IF Cleveland gets better and starts winning some games while Queen is solid and showing improvement each week, he can claim it's because guys like him refused to accept mediocrity.

Yes, because the success or failure of any team or player in the NFL is impacted by what any fan thinks, says, or doesn't say :rolleyes:

He's talking all about working harder, getting the timing down, getting that full week of first team reps (finally), and moving forward. He sounds confident but not cocky. He said he'll never say he had a good game if the team lost.

multiply this by 32 and you'll have a report of the pressers from the entire NFL today.

glad it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

next he needs to not suck, if he wants to stay employed.

Looking forward to it actually translating to effort on the field of battle BQs ma boy but its time to walk the walk not just talk the talk....;)

And every politician promises a better tommorow...;)

I'm not saying BQ is conceded but he probably is and rightfully so. Wouldn't you be? Anyway I believe the kid will not accept defeat unless

he gets injured. He may be an overachiver. Anyway, he was uncharcteristically rattled and I think he is so afraid to make a mistake that until he can relax, it's going to be a self fulfilling prophecy. I'm feeling pretty good about Sunday but Mile Stadium is a bitch.

Makes the rest of us puke. It's football man, blood, guts and glory ... who the hell needs a feel-good story to make them like this game more?

God Damn man, what the hell happened to this forum?

dude...we dont have cheerleaders, and drafted a sexy hometown hero. get enough booze in effect and voila.....men start acting mighty weird.

Quinn obviously needs more work. Give the guy a chance. The reps. Let him have a feel for the NFL for Christ's sake. If he doesn't perform in say, week 8 or 9. Then we may have a major problem. I'm a Browns fan, I don't give a xxxx who the QB is as long as we win.

Stan's in full dickhead mode for some reason.

88 summed it up well and it had no effect on ole Ate at all.

Whatever, I guess I'd rather read articles about how "manly" our QB is because he's partying like Stan's idols used to. Yeah, that sure seems the mold we see from the top professional athletes these days. You know, guys who take it for granted, don't work hard, and just party.

Stan's so far out to lunch on this one I don't even know where he's coming from. At least during the competition his posts had some degree of purpose in trying to "balance" the argument. Now that Quinn's the starter I have no idea what point he's trying to make that isn't adolescent.

I'm gonna be at the Denver game with my boys (see you at the tailgate, DTBH!!). I have a strong sense that we'll see a much smoother offense all the way around.

Too bad you don't have the gonads to show up at a Browns Tailgate. I guess the 29,000 posts makes you an expert in your delusional opinion. Even though DTBH and I hate each other, I think we have a common ground in calling you a pussy.

I'm gonna be at the Denver game with my boys (see you at the tailgate, DTBH!!). I have a strong sense that we'll see a much smoother offense all the way around.

Have fun at the tailgate.

Why are your boys so anxious to go to this one...I thought they wanted you all to their self??

Glad to see they or you are growing up!!

Thumbs up!!

Guest ATENEARS
Stan's in full dickhead mode for some reason.

88 summed it up well and it had no effect on ole Ate at all.

Whatever, I guess I'd rather read articles about how "manly" our QB is because he's partying like Stan's idols used to. Yeah, that sure seems the mold we see from the top professional athletes these days. You know, guys who take it for granted, don't work hard, and just party.

Stan's so far out to lunch on this one I don't even know where he's coming from. At least during the competition his posts had some degree of purpose in trying to "balance" the argument. Now that Quinn's the starter I have no idea what point he's trying to make that isn't adolescent.

I see you don't get it either. This has nothing to do about Quinn and everything to be about pinning up these feel-good stories and tilting everything to peachy positive in an era where we've had our ass handed to us and more smoke blown up our collective asses then even what Inspecta exhaled in high school.

You guys can't even see a poor decision and pass from Quinn unless the OBR tells you to frown.

You discount INT's and add TD's, yardage, and QB rating percentage points, in a blow-out loss to make yourselves feel good.

You tell one another what a great guy your favorite player is, how he feeds the homeless, and reads to school children, as if it is gonna help us get to .500

STFU and watch the games. Stop reading what you are suppose to have seen and start actually watching. Go on a gut instinct on someone or something by what you saw, not what you read.

Ummm... grow a set. You sound like chicks who are new to the game.

What tailgate would I go to in Denver, you jamoke? It's a joke.

Whiff. But way to continually take shots at a guy for having a good relationship with his kids. You're a true hero, sniff-sniff.

Bunch'o pussies.

I have 3 kids...a 32 year old daughter, a 29 year old son, and a 24 year old son...I have a great relationshiop with all of them. Katie lives in Louisville with her husband, she received a J.D./MAPS from Louisville, Brian in Durham, his BS from Duke, and Chris his BA from LaGrange, Ga lives here in Chattanooga.

Really man, I compliment you on your relationship with your kids.

There is nothing better than a great relationship with your children.

You guys can't even see a poor decision and pass from Quinn unless the OBR tells you to frown.

We've been subjected to poor QBing for quite some time and we know it when we see it, thank you very much. Some of us are intelligent enough not to expect miracles so early. Don't worry we'll be giving Quinn a hard time soon enough. It's called "hoping we don't have to." We're a fan base and we're dysfunctional.

Archived