THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn at Work

shepwrite

Guest ATENEARS
I don't get it. Someone repeatedly flips me shit out of nowhere and I fire back... and you have a problem with that?

Uh, care to outline that life philosophy for us, oh, wise dillweed?

You're paranoid, I was actually rallying you. You suck at the internet tonight, but don't worry America's got talent is almost over o you can concentrate.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson's gonna be receiving NFL paychecks for a long time to come.

Quinn needs to learn how to play football, and quick, or he could be battling JP Losman and the Las Vegas Locomotives in the UFL next year.

C'mon dude...I think you're a pain in the ass..but you're better than this. You really shouldn't be copying my work like this. I used Las Vegas Giraffes btw...trade Quinn for Anderson at the beginning of the sentence and change Locomotives for Giraffes and it's the same thing I said the other day.

Imitatation is the sincerest form of flattery...but this is a direct ripoff of my genius.

C'mon dude...I think you're a pain in the ass..but you're better than this. You really shouldn't be copying my work like this. I used Las Vegas Giraffes btw...trade Quinn for Anderson at the beginning of the sentence and change Locomotives for Giraffes and it's the same thing I said the other day.

Imitatation is the sincerest form of flattery...but this is a direct ripoff of my genius.

Lumquat ain't the only one around here that pulls that shit.

i think Brady will play better and the Browns will win 24-3. i predict no more Yepremian plays this season. i'm hopeful that D'Qwell shows up. i guarantee Pontbriand will get the job done.

Calling DestinFunk- We'll probably watch the game at Hammerhead Fred's in Panama City Beach.

There is only one thing I want to read that is worth a damn, try this on for size:

BROWNS WIN

It's everything I want to see, nothing more or less.

No feel good circle jerk stories to comfort those satisfied with being the joke of the NFL.

I want progress and want wins.

Non-conformists don't wear jean shorts.

He's a businessman and a hater. But he happens to own the only Browns board worth posting on, so it is what it is.

Jean shorts are so UN-popular again that he is in the minority when he wears them, full circle.

I have to say, it is getting pretty strange of everyone taking offense when someone insults their preferred quarterback. Quinn's the hometown hero but hasn't accomplished a single thing. The "well Peyton Manning took time to develop" argument doesn't do it for me either. Aaron Rodgers' first start was against Minnesota, and he went out and completed 18 of 22 for 178 yards and touchdown...and won the game. His next start he went he went for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, granted against a terrible defense, and won the game. It's not actually that impossible to come off the bench after two years and play well.

There's been enough excuses, he has to start producing and winning games. I'm not saying he should start packing his bags, but considering the fanfare he gets, it's time to actually get things done or be ready for the criticism.

I have to say, it is getting pretty strange of everyone taking offense when someone insults their preferred quarterback. Quinn's the hometown hero but hasn't accomplished a single thing. The "well Peyton Manning took time to develop" argument doesn't do it for me either. Aaron Rodgers' first start was against Minnesota, and he went out and completed 18 of 22 for 178 yards and touchdown...and won the game. His next start he went he went for 328 yards and 3 touchdowns, granted against a terrible defense, and won the game. It's not actually that impossible to come off the bench after two years and play well.

There's been enough excuses, he has to start producing and winning games. I'm not saying he should start packing his bags, but considering the fanfare he gets, it's time to actually get things done or be ready for the criticism.

CIMO, I would agree with you, except Rodgers was in a good situation:

1) Stable coaching staff the entire time

2) Same offense the entire time

3) Sitting behind a legit HOF QB who he can actually learn from.

Remember, Quinn's first start was last year and was very promising. This game didn't look so good - new offense, splitting reps, etc. There's no telling how much damage RAC and the staff did in 'developing' him. Frankly, the same could be said of DA: It's possible he didn't improve because his coaching sucked under RAC.

What I am looking for is improvement as the season progresses.

Stop reading what you are suppose to have seen and start actually watching.

Oh stop!

While we're on the subject of actually watching - last season we open with 10 points against Dallas' 28 and you inform us that's one of the better teams in the NFC. Meanwhile, not a negatve word was uttered by you about the QB's vision. In fact, you confronted one author of a post for watching that entire matchup with Dallas and only finding fault with DA. Evidently 10 points in that opener was far more sufficient than 20 points in this opener. More jello shots anyone?

Hence, we move on to week 2 and suddenly you downplay how important it is to outscore the biggest rival in our division when that team can only score 10 points that night. Not 1 bad thing written about the play of the QB from you again. So now I'm adding the sum of 6 points from week 1 plus 10 points from week 2 and it equals 16 points. Still not quite what we scored in this year's opener but there wasn't going to be anyone getting away with complaining about DA on your watch.

So now we come to week 3 of 2008 in search of finally getting our season point total up over 20 points. Don't worry, we would jackhammer it all the way up to 26 points after 3 games/180 minutes of football. Not to worry though because another division rival from Baltimore was starting a rookie QB against us in week 3. Sound too good to be true? It was but Dumb Ass had you at the first hut. Would you believe the rookie QB would be a major contributor to his team scoring 28 points vrs the 10 points DA was spoiling YOUR ass with? I wish I could say DA didn't throw the Ravens Defense a TD pass to comfort the rookie's margin of error that day but he did. Staying consistent with it all, you got pissed at anyone that wanted to hold the starting QB accountable. No negative words from you. It was simply: "Quit your whining about the QB folks."

Now 2009 gets here and you're mad at anyone who is NOT whining about the starting QB. From one friend to another: "Lighten up Francis!"

- Tom F.

Damn flugs,

After all this time you still write a novel with every post

STFU would have been just as good ;)

LOL! I know Cliff's Notes has more fans than Cliffs Clavins so I'll try to keep that in mind Danamal. I just can't watch Atenears go Frasier Crane on us with "I'M RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!" I'd hate to see a new pair of scissors get ruined if he falls.

- Tom F.

CIMO, I would agree with you, except Rodgers was in a good situation:

1) Stable coaching staff the entire time

2) Same offense the entire time

3) Sitting behind a legit HOF QB who he can actually learn from.

Remember, Quinn's first start was last year and was very promising. This game didn't look so good - new offense, splitting reps, etc. There's no telling how much damage RAC and the staff did in 'developing' him. Frankly, the same could be said of DA: It's possible he didn't improve because his coaching sucked under RAC.

What I am looking for is improvement as the season progresses.

I'm fine with all of that, but...

1. He plays the most important position in the game

2. He's the most popular guy on the team

3. Aside from the one game against Denver (which was a loss), he hasn't done anything to command the respect he gets.

He watches tape. He lifts a lot of weights. But until he starts piling up stats and winning games, it doesn't really matter.

I mean, no one (besides Lumbergh) is saying he's necessarily a bad quarterback....it's just getting ridiculous to me how much everyone supports him considering how little he's done on the field. Whatever the scenario, this is his third year in the league after being drafted as a huge part of our franchise going forward.

I'm fine with believing he's the guy, but I want to see him earn it.

LOL! I know Cliff's Notes has more fans than Cliffs Clavins so I'll try to keep that in mind Danamal. I just can't watch Atenears go Frasier Crane on us with "I'M RUNNING WITH SCISSORS!" I'd hate to see a new pair of scissors get ruined if he falls.

- Tom F.

?????

You still want us to win against Denver- right? Has Atenears asked any differntly? Stand up. Also, the D needs to play 4 quarters.

?????

You still want us to win against Denver- right? Has Atenears asked any differntly?

Ed,

I think you know we're not talking about Denver. We're talking how it was completely unacceptable to hold the starting QB accountable for 10 points in week 1 of 08, 6 points in week 2 and 10 points in week 3. In 2009, the ONLY person he's bitching about is Quinn and he's confronting everyone that would like to see the guy succeed. That's where the "I'M RUNNING WITH SCISSORS" parallel comes into play for someone that wants to rib him at such an ideal opportunity to do so.

We've been arguing about our QBs since the day we met. It's nothing new.

- Tom F.

Bill Gugliotta/Plain Dealer

Brady QuinnTranscript of Brady Quinn press conference, Sept. 16, 2009

(On how much smoother he thinks things will go this week) - "Hopefully, a lot smoother. We are working to adjust to a different environment though, playing away. That's going to be a little bit different for us, as an offense, but again, hopefully, a lot smoother. We had our first run around. We felt pretty confident. Things were pretty poised and calm there in the huddle. Running an offense, whether it be in a no huddle atmosphere or two minute or in the huddle."

(On if he was nervous last week) - "No, I felt extremely comfortable going into the game with our game plan, with everything we had going on. I am just looking forward to getting in a good week of practice this week."

(On if he needs to work on his chemistry with Braylon Edwards) - "Yes, that's always something you can work on, too. I think it's seldom that a quarterback and wide receiver ever say, 'Hey, we work on our chemistry too much.' I think Joe Montana and Jerry Rice maybe are the only two that come to mind, that I can think of. Those guys had it down pretty well."

(On if he looked to Robert Royal last week or it was more designed) - "I don't want to say it was designed, obviously, that's going to be an integral part of our offense at times. Utilizing the tight end, utilizing the middle of the field, that's sometimes the best way to do it. Based on the looks, based on some of the things they were giving us, that's something that you try to take at times. Sometimes you have to go there based on the play you have."

(On if he feels like he is a young quarterback) - "I guess so. Sometimes when you're surrounded by guys who have been in the league a lot longer, I am talking about the Steve Heiden's, Hank Fraley's, etcetera. When you look at the league and you look at quarterbacks who are playing out there, Tom Brady, Donovan McNabb, Kurt Warner.

With quarterbacks like that, yes, you feel younger. Going into my third year, yes, I think experience wise, I haven't got as much playing time as maybe some other guys who are entering their third year."

(On if not splitting the practice reps will help him) - "Definitely, not only are you getting actual reps, and not mental reps of each play, that adds a huge benefit to your timing, things of that nature, whenever you are working on that chemistry with your wide receivers. I think overall, just being able to take those reps and see the different looks that you are trying to preparing for going into a game week. That's huge."

(On if his growth was slowed in training camp by splitting reps) - "I don't think so. Going back through it, no matter how you get those reps, that's like saying 'Was growth my slowed over the last two years because I didn't play as much?' Going back over it, no I don't think so. I think going into a game week, preparing for a certain team like that, it may be a little bit of a different story. My particular feeling on it, no you are still taking mental reps. You are still going through all of those things you would have done."

(On if you have to develop chemistry with your receivers in game) - "Yes, exactly. I think certain times, especially at the beginning of the season or something like that, you are going to be able to work out those sorts of things through your chemistry, through working with one another in practice, and just being in games together and being in those situations."

(On how well he thinks he played against the Vikings) - "You are never going to hear me say I played well enough, especially when we lose. Anytime I am going to be playing, I always feel as the ownness is on me. I didn't play well enough for us to win. I've got to do a lot of things better across the board in order to put our team in a position to win. That's how I feel it's going to be week in and week out."

(On what he sees in Denver's defense from film) - "One of the biggest things was they were able match personnel well. They had a good game plan going into the game. They got pressure on Carson (Palmer). They were able to shut down some of their big play wide receivers, whether it's Chad (Ochocinco) or Laveranues (Coles). They did a good making plays when they had to as well, in key situations. That's one of the biggest things your defense has to do."

(On if he needs to get the ball to the wide receivers more) - "I think in general, you're always trying to get the ball to your wide receivers in the passing game. It's as simple as that. That's not something that we were trying to skirt. Things happen in the game that sometimes dictate where the ball goes. Other times, you're trying to work through certain reads that show where the ball goes."

(On if the Vikings prevented him from getting balls to the wide receivers) - "At times, going back through the film, when there was a rush or something like that happening, or you have to get the ball out quick. Sometimes I was trying to go to a wide receiver, sometimes I was trying to go to maybe a back that leaked out, something like that, instead."

(On if this offense does not include him throwing the ball down the field a lot) - "I would say this offense is still young. I don't think you necessarily put a label on a young infant when it's first starting out. This is after one game of the season. I wouldn't go too much based off preseason. I'd say we're still growing, still getting better and better."

(On if Braylon Edwards is his go-to receiver or is that guy yet to be determined) - "I think one of the things that you try to do as an offense, I would say, is to have a bunch of guys to go to.

Yes, Braylon is a go-to wide receiver, but you don't want to always tip your hand in that way, so in a key situation everyone's going, 'Hey, let's go put eight guys on Braylon and not worry about the other guys.' We have plenty of talented guys on our team. We're going to try to make all those guys go-to guys, no matter what the situation might be."

(On playing well in his first NFL start against the Broncos last season) - "I don't want to go back to reverting back to things in the past. It was my first NFL start. I was excited about it. We didn't have much time to prepare. Looking back on the game, I played alright, but again, we didn't get a win. It was last year, different offense, different circumstances. It really doesn't matter coming into this week for me."

(On how he would describe the offense) - "That's a tough one. We're an offense that's going to try to push the ball down the field in a methodical way. Whether it be through making smart decisions, checks, things of that nature, running the football. Obviously, in taking what the defense gives us. We're not going to try to force something if we don't have to. We're going to play smart football."

(On what managing the offense means to him) - "A lot of things. I don't know how many quarterbacks we have in the room. It's funny, you get out there and part of managing the process is not only managing the huddle, but it's managing the game when you get to the line of scrimmage.

There's checks, there's sometimes moving people around. Sometimes people might not be in the right place, so you're trying to get them in the right place. Continuing to understand what you're going to get in specific situation and where you need to go with the ball and also understanding where we're at in the game.

Here's the things we'd like to do, or if there might be a situation where you might have a bad play, we'd rather have you take a sack instead of throwing incomplete here, based on the situation. It's understanding those types of things."

(On if he could have put more air under the ball he threw to Braylon Edwards against Minnesota) - "Looking back on it, it's tough. At the time I'd thrown it, it was pretty wide and I thought it was in a good spot. If I had maybe tried to hold it a little bit longer, maybe I would have given him a little bit better ball, or a ball that was just more outside, not necessarily with as much air.

It might have been easier for him to catch, trying to get his two feet back in bounds. That's all circumstantial. I didn't think he was going to get widened out of bounds either, or that the guy was going to push him like that and get a P.I. (pass interference) call."

(On how playing against a player like Champ Bailey affects his preparation during the week)

- "Obviously, Champ Bailey, he's a great player. He's someone that you have to be attentive to on the field and know where he's at, at all times. You have to understand how he plays from a technical standpoint. You can't be too consumed, because they have a lot of great guys.

They have Brian Dawkins. Their linebacker core, Andra Davis, as we know, D.J. Williams and really everyone in their secondary, whether it's (Renaldo) Hill or (Andre) Goodman. You can't be too consumed with one guy or you'll be missing out on something maybe on another guy."

Ed,

I think you know we're not talking about Denver. We're talking how it was completely unacceptable to hold the starting QB accountable for 10 points in week 1 of 08, 6 points in week 2 and 10 points in week 3. In 2009, the ONLY person he's bitching about is Quinn and he's confronting everyone that would like to see the guy succeed. That's where the "I'M RUNNING WITH SCISSORS" parallel comes into play for someone that wants to rib him at such an ideal opportunity to do so.

We've been arguing about our QBs since the day we met. It's nothing new.

- Tom F.

i'll let Stan speak for himself.

i don't care who the QB is. Quinn is 28 TD's behind DA's Pro-Bowl season, and more importantly, needs 10 more wins. So what? i think he can lead us to the playoffs- and more. He'll beat Denver. It's his team (and that's what we wanted). Go Browns.

i'll let Stan speak for himself.

i don't care who the QB is. Quinn is 28 TD's behind DA's Pro-Bowl season, and more importantly, needs 10 more wins. So what? i think he can lead us to the playoffs- and more. He'll beat Denver. It's his team (and that's what we wanted). Go Browns.

Fair enough. The one thing you have to keep in mind about 2007 was the difference between DA's first start vrs Cincy and how much things changed by the time Cincy saw him a 2nd time in December (4 INTs says not nearly the ame guy). Scouting reports replicated and he was completely exposed on film. Ed, there hasn't been 1 single AFC team that has won MORE than 8 games that DA has beaten in 3 years of starts. In 07, we also played 10 teams that won 8 games or less. That happens once every 20 years.

DA has not gotten back on track since cooling down toward the end of 2007. If he had, this wouldn't even be discussion today.

- Tom F.

I'm fine with all of that, but.......it's just getting ridiculous to me how much everyone supports him considering how little he's done on the field...

Done so little on the field? He's barely been on the field.

What everyone supports is the opportunity for QB number next to have a chance to prove he's the guy or not the guy. I don't see how it's ridiculoous for a team to want to see what a 1st round draft choice can do when last year's starter was ranked last in the league.

The support is in giving Quinn a chance. If he ends up doing little on the field, support will fade.

Guest ATENEARS
Oh stop!

While we're on the subject of actually watching - last season we open with 10 points against Dallas' 28 and you inform us that's one of the better teams in the NFC. Meanwhile, not a negatve word was uttered by you about the QB's vision. In fact, you confronted one author of a post for watching that entire matchup with Dallas and only finding fault with DA. Evidently 10 points in that opener was far more sufficient than 20 points in this opener. More jello shots anyone?

Hence, we move on to week 2 and suddenly you downplay how important it is to outscore the biggest rival in our division when that team can only score 10 points that night. Not 1 bad thing written about the play of the QB from you again. So now I'm adding the sum of 6 points from week 1 plus 10 points from week 2 and it equals 16 points. Still not quite what we scored in this year's opener but there wasn't going to be anyone getting away with complaining about DA on your watch.

So now we come to week 3 of 2008 in search of finally getting our season point total up over 20 points. Don't worry, we would jackhammer it all the way up to 26 points after 3 games/180 minutes of football. Not to worry though because another division rival from Baltimore was starting a rookie QB against us in week 3. Sound too good to be true? It was but Dumb Ass had you at the first hut. Would you believe the rookie QB would be a major contributor to his team scoring 28 points vrs the 10 points DA was spoiling YOUR ass with? I wish I could say DA didn't throw the Ravens Defense a TD pass to comfort the rookie's margin of error that day but he did. Staying consistent with it all, you got pissed at anyone that wanted to hold the starting QB accountable. No negative words from you. It was simply: "Quit your whining about the QB folks."

Now 2009 gets here and you're mad at anyone who is NOT whining about the starting QB. From one friend to another: "Lighten up Francis!"

- Tom F.

We scored 20-points last week offensively? I counted 6 that mattered in the game.

But let's back up here buddy ... enough of what I said or didn't say after week #1 last year, what did YOU say after similar QB play? Let's start with ourselves.

Your commenting to me in a thread where I blasted the messenger & message and came no where close to bashing our starting QB. I hate these types of threads, and ALWAYS have, which I think you can easily admit.

If you find a story of my mimicking the company line of "DA is working hard, staying late, coming early and gosh darn-it, the nice folks down at the senior citizen hall love him" then you can start comparing apples-to-apples of how I addressed things in 2008 ... because that is ALL I addressed in this thread.

We scored 20-points last week offensively? I counted 6 that mattered in the game.

But let's back up here buddy ... enough of what I said or didn't say after week #1 last year, what did YOU say after similar QB play? Let's start with ourselves.

Your commenting to me in a thread where I blasted the messenger & message and came no where close to bashing our starting QB. I hate these types of threads, and ALWAYS have, which I think you can easily admit.

If you find a story of my mimicking the company line of "DA is working hard, staying late, coming early and gosh darn-it, the nice folks down at the senior citizen hall love him" then you can start comparing apples-to-apples of how I addressed things in 2008 ... because that is ALL I addressed in this thread.

Hilarious. Stan is going to tell us what we can post about now that he is back from his 7 month sabbatical.

You're so full of shit it's ridiculous. Last year you bitched people out constantly for bashing DA, and then would bring up Lewis, the defense, Braylons, etc. in defense of DA. Yes you did. You wanted everybody to bitch about everything else but DA, now you want everybody to bitch about Quinn. Jeebus Cripes da ich tinks you be wishy washy often an regular or sumtin...

I got news for you, that game Quinn had that you act like is the worst QB performance in NFL history is nothing compared to some of the shitfests thrown by DA after numerous starts. Had you posted at all the last seven months you may be a little more enlightened on things rather than playing da ich card of selective memory.

Why are you always trying to tell people what they can post about anyway? Big Bad Stan gonna lay down the law if he don't agree with it...........we get it, you want us all to just foam at the mouth and berate the QB and the team because they lost to the Vikes (who for some reason you don't understand are a damn good team----insert blatant exaggerated claims of Purple People Eater Dynasty here), but I don't understand why you feel the need to tell the board what they can and should talk about.

Shame on any of us gayfag fans out here who don't throw the team and the QB under the bus after one game of a new regime and new starter. Satn will set us straight.

Got news for you, while you were on a 7 month vacation we were busy here talking Browns football, moderating, dissecting the team, keeping the board hopping etc. Some of us are not ready to throw a complete hissy fit and proclaim the season over, Brady Queen a lost cause and overlook some of the good things we saw last week. We actually choose to have a little faith in a team going through major changes and looking like maybe somebody knows what they're doing.

Boy I can't wait to see what this post rates on Satn's fagometer.

Guest ATENEARS
Lets Give BQ 10 games, this season. We shall evaluate him then.

Right now he is not the messiah or the pariah.

Ok, I just purchased my tickets to half of them! ... Who's with me?

Guest 88fingerslewy
So, what you are saying is that you're responisble for shaping the forum into a San Fran bath house over the past 7 months?

While we're at it sailor, by the looks of your avatar you're just as freakin' dreamy as Brady....Ooooh Ssssnap!!!!

Guest ATENEARS
While we're at it sailor, by the looks of your avatar you're just as freakin' dreamy as Brady....Ooooh Ssssnap!!!!

Difference is, it's not all I got (flopping horseballs onto the table).

Archived