THE BROWNS BOARD

Ponder this...

shepwrite

If so many of you wanted to bench Quinn after the first game of his first season as a starter... what if he has a really good game Sunday? Does he go in the Browns Hall of Fame? Is he given Shanahan-esque Quarterback for Life status?

I mean, if you overreact one way, don't you have to overreact the other?

I'll go ahead an answer: Yes. Of course. If Quinn plays well, Ate has to name him the Single Greatest Quarterback with Two Arms in the History of the NFL. Period.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I stated in another thread,

Im not looking for anything more than someone behind center who shows improvement and is becoming the field general we need,and if he looks no different than he did in the Vikings game we may have a problem,but if he commands the offense,manages the game well and plays to his potential and shows a clearcut upside then im happy.

Agree 100%.

To be honest, Denver's defense isn't that sucky. Their secondary is pretty damn good actually, and they have a badass little pass rusher in Dumervil. They held a fairly potent Cincy offense to 7 points, so not sure where everybody sees a huge breakout game. We could see more dink and dunk with the piss poor cover backers Denver possesses.

The running game will be very important.

Guest ATENEARS

Sorry I'm late opening this thread ... just feared another feel-good story, and I just ate lunch.

If Quinn has a real good game Sunday, what will I do?

First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.

If Quinn plays well in addition, I'll toss'em a golf clap and then push on to week #3.

What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.

What I find interesting is that the very same guys who are saying Quinn needs time to get it together, didn't get all the preseason reps he needed, is working under a new offensive system, has a less than stellar line in front of him and has receivers that needs work, less than an 80 pass efficiency is OK for now, etc..... are the very same guys that called those "excuses" when DA was in the exact same situation.

Situation has never been even close to the same.

We were all on DA's nuts the first half of '07, then he became DA.

Guest ATENEARS

Ponder this ....

59 User(s) are browsing this forum (38 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

20 Members: ATENEARS, Drunkandstoopid, The Gipper, Riffer X, PlaygroundLegend, choco, LCDawgFan13, Riceloft, ndneighbor*, BernietheKid, ITHIKA, Timugen, razor1414, JADBF, Lumbergh, AdaM, thomasw, Vegasdogg, lemosley01, Fooleeze, TheClevelandSound

Ponder this ....

59 User(s) are browsing this forum (38 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

20 Members: ATENEARS, Drunkandstoopid, The Gipper, Riffer X, PlaygroundLegend, choco, LCDawgFan13, Riceloft, ndneighbor*, BernietheKid, ITHIKA, Timugen, razor1414, JADBF, Lumbergh, AdaM, thomasw, Vegasdogg, lemosley01, Fooleeze, TheClevelandSound

Golf clap?

DA wasn't in the same situation last year, as he wasn't on career start #4 he was on starts 19~26.

DA wasn't in a new offensive system last year. He was in year #2 of it.

So not the exact same situation.

Yes, BQs less than 80 pass efficiency is ok for now (meaning in his 4th career start). It won't be ok if that continues into a trend. Just as it wasn't ok for DA.

Drunky, honestly sometimes I don't know who is cuter in their defense for the size 18er, you or Lumfreddy.

You are more of the genuine "but what you guys said is wrong" whereas Lumsford is strictly wise ass material worthy of the Oregon Middle School Hall of Fame.

Keep pluggin away tho Drunky, the shit is adorable.

PS Don't let Butthead go and Beavis you, Lums ain't that tough.

There are some really good knowledgeable guys in here that are great with stats but they dont tell the whole story.

I cant believe im saying this but I actually agree with stan about how when you only look at stats you could spin Quinns game into a not so bad thing but if you watched the game,he looked like shit no ifs and or buts.

Across the board cohesive play,no stupid penalties,and the potential to really look like this team can be a force in a few more games is the most important thing im looking for this week.

Denver or whoever the opponent doesnt matter to me its how we play the game after falling apart in the second half last week.

Looked like shit at times, sure. The whole entire game, no he didn't. It wasn't a good game by any means, but it wasn't the extream of bad either. Hell it wasn't the worst or even the 2nd worst performance by a QB this past weekend.

As I stated in another thread,

Im not looking for anything more than someone behind center who shows improvement and is becoming the field general we need,and if he looks no different than he did in the Vikings game we may have a problem,but if he commands the offense,manages the game well and plays to his potential and shows a clearcut upside then im happy.

100% agree here as well....;)

We have way bigger problems on the offense than just the QB many of us have said the same thing when DA was the starter and its still true...

I think as a collection of fans we are looking for some godlike instant super hero QB to step up and make this POS offense look instantly elite it aint happening folks no QB in the league could make that happen with the browns offense so kick back and hope that BQ can do something with it...

Huh?

DA's "new system" was in 2007 (when in fact it was damn near the same one he ran in college and identical to what was run in the Pro Bowl - making that episode that much more of a laugher). The earliest "piling on" of DA began in the tavern of Pitt 2 in that year with Fluges showing up on Monday with the "D.umb A.ss" nickname (or Drive Assassin - I can't remember which was 1st).

The full on bashing didn't start until Cincy 2 (I think we can all guess why). The next season (a full year in his "new" system), he continued on the same shitty slope with the MNF win against the Giants being his (and my) only bright spot of the whole season.

So what exactly are you talking about?

Go watch the game again,

Quinn looked like shit.

I expect more from him and in time I think he delivers but I wont make any excuses for what I saw with my own two eyes.

And I am not saying he was good for an over all whole either. There were times he looked like shit, but there were times he looked good.

IMO the generalization of a complete game as shit is reserved for performance like Cutlers and Delhommes last week.

Guest ATENEARS
Let's say it's the same situation: Quinn gets, what? 24 more starts?

Fair enough.

Did we have a guy on the bench who was 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's in his last two seasons?

No, we had basically a green first year player and a 5yr vet that was 2-11 as a starter throwing 8TD's to 18 INT's.

So, cut the bullshit about the 27 start leash.

First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.

Uh huh.

Never a bad word about the guy who killed us in the 2nd half of 2007 and murdered 2008. I guess losing was OK by you as long as anybody-but-Quinn was at the helm.

I think the thing I enjoyed most about Quinn's performance on Sunday was his ability to get the f*ck outta the pocket when that shit collapsed and made some nice throws on the run. Yeah some of them were dropped but that's not on him.

Wasn't the greatest opening day debut for a new QB to be sure, but I saw enough there that showed promise. One thing is for sure. Quinn is going to work his ass off to become better. The man is a freakin' machine when it comes to that shit.

Well I brought it up after the game but DA would never have pulled the Garo thing. No fooking way he ever gets out of the pocket to be able to do it, although he may have chucked it up for grabs before he got lit up.

Me, too.

Still the funniest, most ironic thread title: "Brady Quinn Sucks and Always Has! Put Anderson Back In!"

I laugh every time I see it. The Maxwell Trophy winner and first round pick, the guy who had 69 TDs and 14 INTs under Weis, the guy who had the best Browns quarterback debut in history... has always sucked.

And the 6th round pick who went on to be the lowest rated passer in the NFL last year is the answer.

Good stuff. Brilliant, in fact.

Shep,are you ok?All you want to do is endlessly recite quinn's resume?I dont give a crap about the Maxwell trophy or the pop-tarts trophy or any other trophy he may have won...NFL History is littered with HEISMAN trophy winners who couldn't make the transition to the Pro's...here's a newsflash...what he did under Weis is irrelevant, he isn't under weis anymore,he is under Mangini now,if he has a good game,fine....if he doesn't...well I think you know it will be more endless debate. I cry every time you post another one of these threads...you don't want this debate to die....you keep fueling the fire...

Guest ATENEARS
Yeah lets only count the MIDDLE games. Lets not count the first 3 games of his career, but then talk about Quinn's first 4. And lets for sure not count the 2008 season at all. that was all the rest of the teams fault.

Those were games he started and was credited for the W/L ... I'm not dissecting his stats, I rounded to two seasons, but if you want, I'll make this statement:

DID WE HAVE A GUY ON THE BENCH LAST SEASON THAT was: 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?

Not 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's, but 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?

Did we?

(Geez, stop responding to every post as if you are saying something ... damn, zippy was right)

I wish there were something else to talk about...

Ponder this. Quinn did suck last week. But, 90% of this board has been saying that DA sucks and to give Quinn a chance because he could be the future. I hope that Quinn is successful so that we aren't drafting a QB next year. There are some things that concern me with Quinn just as there are with DA. But, most browns fans realize that if Quinn isn't successful it will take longer for the Browns to win

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to defend Quinn when you are being baited

Guest ATENEARS
Those were games he started and was credited for the W/L ... I'm not dissecting his stats, I rounded to two seasons, but if you want, I'll make this statement:

DID WE HAVE A GUY ON THE BENCH LAST SEASON THAT was: 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?

Not 13-11 in his last 24 starts, for 5,402 yrds, with 38-TD's to 27-INT's, but 13-14 as a Starter, threw for 6,195 yrds, 45-TD to 35-INT's?

Did we?

(Geez, stop responding to every post as if you are saying something ... damn, zippy was right)

Quinn had no expeirence while Anderson was struggling and Dorsey was 2-11 as a starter with 8TD's to 18INT's under his belt.

It will be a little different if we hit a road this time and a young guy with 27 starts is available.

He has somewhere between 8 and 15 games to show improvement. I think it'll start Sunday.

I remember this being said about Anderson: Quinn would need to have 3 or 4 really bad games in a row to get "prematurely benched." REALLY bad.

way to pull some more numbers out of your ass.

(by the way his last 3 games have each been "REALLY bad")

LOL....because AFTER 20+ starts, they WERE the excuses given for DA. If its still being said about Quinn after his 19th start then its time to draft a QB.

See where I agree is. I don't think Quinn does get the luxury of 27 starts. But then again, neither did Anderson. He earned his 27 starts by playing well for a short period of time. If Quinn doesn't have a similar period of time where he plays well, then he won't get anywhere near 27 starts.

that doesn't change the fact that the totality of DA's 27 starts have shown he is not the long term answer.

Ii agree with that. I think this whole season is plenty, unless he is putrid before that then put DA in.

Ii agree with that. I think this whole season is plenty, unless he is putrid before that then put DA in.

I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

Am I the only person who feels this way??

Violets are blue, and roses are red

Can we all "Rodney King it"

and put this QB shit to bed?

Ponder this...I hate the Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Steelers. Can the BROWNS beat their asses already (5-20 all time)?

Guest ATENEARS
Its amazing how defensive some people get when you say anything negative about Quinns performance against the Vikings.

I never said I think he sucks and should be benched or anything like that.

Far from it I want the kid to succeed and our teams future depends on his doing well and hopefully in a few games he will have proved he deserves to be this teams leader for the next ten years,nothing would make me happier,but I cant give him a pass for last Sundays game,it is what it is.

It's a freaking joke ...

I made a legit fact that we have a guy on the bench that has some NFL starting experience, and I might as well have had my post spell check, the replies were that bad.

DA's last 18 games were absolutly horrible ... despicable, 9-9 just can't be tolerated, anyone even close to that record at seasons end should be traded for nothing.

13-11 over the past two years is nearly just as bad, We sure as hell better net 11 wins this year alone.

13-14 for a career with 45 TD's and 35 INT's is a drop in the bucket, any guy that is 3-TD's and 3-INT's now, should surely destroy those numbers.

Let's start Josh Cribbs ... clearly the guy who put up the above numbers is done in this league.

Archived