THE BROWNS BOARD

Ponder this...

shepwrite

I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

Am I the only person who feels this way??

I really don't give a crap as a fan if he makes the 70% mark or not. Maybe it will knock some common sense into the organization and stop sitting 1rd picks on the bench for years while a sixth rounder blows chunks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not only do I tend to agree with you. But I agree with you that Mangini and Kokinis will look at it the same way.

The devil lies in the details. What will show them that "BQ has taken off", may be different that what we as fans think we need to see.

He may show progress that we don't see with the coaching staff. He had the game slow down a little in camp, so maybe it will slow down even more as the season progresses. It will be a big decision to make if he doesn't get better.

Guest ATENEARS
I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

The way I have seen these things work is that this is already a done deal by naming him the starter. They didn't go into this thing thinking, "We will name him starter and hope he gets hurt or bombs so we don't have to pay him his bonus"

They chose the bonus by what they saw from Quinn in the Camps, he earned it there, now come the game time experience to help this team ride a franchise QB for many years.

It's done, he will get his bonus ... let's just hope for Browns Fans sake, he ain't that asshole #10 player that was on the field last Sunday.

BTW do you really need Zippy's opinion? Do you guys need to prop each other up and talk about each other all the time?

I don't think you've ever seen me say "Riffer was right about you, or inspecta is right about you"

Man up and grow a pair and deal with me on your own. sheesh.

Skippy, JABDBFDDBJABDF has a crush on you and would like your undivided attention, please.

Zombo

Nah what i'd prefer is for you two gals to stop holding hands and whispering to each other and giggling. It's distracting me from that barmaid stan says he bonked.

He's all talk, Hag2 has her hands so firmly around his balls that's the real reason for the lobster look.

Zombo

--bonked?

He's all talk, Hag2 has her hands so firmly around his balls that's the real reason for the lobster look.

Zombo

--bonked?

I thought it was because he sweats vodka...

Jealous much?

I don't care if they pay him that money or not. It's not MY money; if Lerner wants to throw it away, go ahead.

Anderson cashed in on handful of good starts, as did half the people who came through this org in the past few years. Why not add him to that list.

13-14 for a career with 45 TD's and 35 INT's

And 1-13 vs playoff teams, 3-9 in the AFCN, and couldn't pass for 140 yards in 6 of 9 games last season.

He hasn't shown a lot of improvement from that stellar pro-bowl/10 win season.

I would much rather have a QB like DA back there because he can score in 2-3 plays if you're down.

What pisses me off about him is the easiest part of the game for a QB is short completions to backs and TE's, and he cannot complete them enough to keep the defense honest.

DA is a much better fit for the NFL game than Brady, IMO, because he has an incredible arm.

But he cannot lead his WR's, he has to throw to a spot. He cannot beat the Cover 2 and Cover 3 consistently, nor recognize when and where those are called.

Quinn doesn't have the arm. He has to get by on his wits. He certainly won't get it done the way he has played the last 3 games. Against Denver he picked up the blitz and beat it.

This would all be a much easier decision if DA were just a better QB, had promise he could progress. He hasn't. He has regressed.

Quinn dodn't show me anything I haven't seen before - he struggled against a good team. If he does not improve against good teams I wouldn't be surprised. If I were Mangini I would play him the entire season, look at the body of work, and then decide wtf to do then.

Sure, if he wins 10 of his next 15.

Zombo

--I didn't set the bar, Derek did.

Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

Hands down without a doubt DA has been the best QB we've had since 1999. Not even close. I am not looking for Quinn to compete with his 2007 season, because I don't think it is possible.

Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

Anderson is 4-7 vs the AFCN (and if you think that sucks remember its the best record of any browns QB since the return)

Also he beat the NFC West champ Seahawks in 2007 and the NFC North champ Giants in 2008 so your playoff record is bullshit too.

Anderson is 4-7 vs the AFCN (and if you think that sucks remember its the best record of any browns QB since the return)

Also he beat the NFC West champ Seahawks in 2007 and the NFC North champ Giants in 2008 so your playoff record is bullshit too.

You are correct. Holy shit, you actually made a point using stats!!!! I am so fooking proud right now.

Folks he is 4-7 in the AFCN, and 3-11 vs playoffs teams. Lets give a big round of applause to Dumnuts for joining the real world of facts and analysis.

But I wonder Dumnuts, what do you have to say about his 140 YPG avg in 6 of 9 starts last season? What was the reason for that anomaly?

You always seem to avoid those numbers, but we're making progress here, so don't run and hide.

Sorry I'm late opening this thread ... just feared another feel-good story, and I just ate lunch.

If Quinn has a real good game Sunday, what will I do?

First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.

If Quinn plays well in addition, I'll toss'em a golf clap and then push on to week #3.

Thanks, LUM :unsure:

Zombo

--bonked?

The lobster look is because he's sweating and thinking..."oh god I hope my wife doesn't walk in and see me taking this picture".

Also..she doesnt have her hands on his balls...she carries them around in her purse.....

You are correct. Holy shit, you actually made a point using stats!!!! I am so fooking proud right now.

Folks he is 4-7 in the AFCN, and 3-11 vs playoffs teams. Lets give a big round of applause to Dumnuts for joining the real world of facts and analysis.

But I wonder Dumnuts, what do you have to say about his 140 YPG avg in 6 of 9 starts last season? What was the reason for that anomaly?

You always seem to avoid those numbers, but we're making progress here, so don't run and hide.

Of course even when Lum makes a point he manages to show his genius such as this gem in his post "the NFC North champ Giants"

All I can remember at the end of DA's "great season" was realizing that all he was doing was throwing it deep and hoping someone on the same team managed to get under it. Thats pretty much what happened if you recall all the circus catches...my personal favorite was BE laying out and having to ROLL 6 yds to get into the endzone. Nevermind the fact he was 10 yards behind the nearest defender...that just shows DA's accuracy issue there. At the end of that season, I was praying the browns moved him in the off season and got something out of him before people realized he wasn't really anything special...which the rest of the world did the following season as he showed really just how average he was.

Guest TheJokersWILD
you seem pretty upset by it.

hey how come no recap of Lane Adkins' QB breakdown this week? (maybe it wasn't what you wanted to hear???)

keep fukcing that chicken

By the way, he is 13-15, with 43 TDs and 40 turnovers, and a QBR under 70. I truly don't think that is horrible.

Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? Add in that first Charlie Frye loss of '07? If you are going to do that you probably should add his very first NFL game into the win column to be fair, in fact, he inherited a losing game in both instances but was able to pretty much on his own (at least that's how the local and national media painted it at the time) turn one of them to a win.

Jealous much?

I don't care if they pay him that money or not. It's not MY money; if Lerner wants to throw it away, go ahead.

Anderson cashed in on handful of good starts, as did half the people who came through this org in the past few years. Why not add him to that list.

because it isn't just a couple MIL we're talking about here.

i'm assuming you aren't familiar with the specifics of the 70% of snaps Lem. this isn't just some bonus, it's three years of back pay with future escalators guaranteeing he'll have been paid similarly to a QB on a franchise tag since the day he stepped into the league and well into the future. would you give him 2 years of Tom Brady money for 3 starts? then continue to pay him like that sitting on the bench if he later ends up NOT being the guy? it's a little more than wasting Lerner's money>>>it would affect the cap and the entire shape of the team for years to come.

if he deserves it>>>fine. if not, getting those 70% will be worse for the team than you can possibly imagine.

Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

me tinks i knows

It's also sweet how drunky gives credit to DA for the KC game.

Archived