THE BROWNS BOARD

All the Rb's

Solon16

Maybe they will pull Jennings off the PC.... I liked that kid. He looked good in that last preseason game.

Yeah he broke a million tackles, most of those guys are now waiting to detail my car but still, showed good ability.

Whats wrong with the guy we picked up from the Ravens? Peerman I think? thought he was supposed to be good to go...

He's 4th string, active.

5'9 210lbs, 6th round pick. Jerome harrison redux it looks like. I would imagine peerman will get 3-5 carries sunday.

If we bring someone up from PS, do we have to cut someone? How does that work? I would be all for bringing up Jennings

We would have to send someone to waivers or cut them then he could be put on the 53 man roster. I think only 45 dress so there's always some inactive. Just depends on if they think its worth potentially losing someone to wavers to try Jennings temporarilly. I bet they elect to just keep him on the PS and let him develop, see if he can crack the roster next year.

I have a feeling we'll see a ton of dink and dunk with more than usual cribbs behind center.

All 4 on injury list...Vickers? cribbs? in a pinch....

P.S. Browns pass on two greatest RB's this decade and HOF's....LT and AP...for what? Gerard Warren and Joe thomas...woohoo

Remind me how many SB's LT and AP have?

We would have to send someone to waivers or cut them then he could be put on the 53 man roster. I think only 45 dress so there's always some inactive. Just depends on if they think its worth potentially losing someone to wavers to try Jennings temporarilly. I bet they elect to just keep him on the PS and let him develop, see if he can crack the roster next year.

I have a feeling we'll see a ton of dink and dunk with more than usual cribbs behind center.

Why couldnt we just send someone to the IR.

Why couldnt we just send someone to the IR.

If they're actually injured you can...

"Currently, the NFL's injured reserve rule restricts a player from returning to play during the season that he's placed on the list. For further information on the rules concerning the contract status and compensation for injured players, see the Collective Bargaining Agreement (or CBA). "

We'd be stuck if we did that, i doubt they want to commit to that to take a look at jennings.

All 4 on injury list...Vickers? cribbs? in a pinch....

P.S. Browns pass on two greatest RB's this decade and HOF's....LT and AP...for what? Gerard Warren and Joe thomas...woohoo

Yeah, I mean, it's not like Joe Thomas has made two pro bowls or anything. Oh yeah, RB's careers are notorious for lasting over a decade [/sarcasm].

Passing on LT (or Richard Seymour, who was actually considered by Butch more than LT was) for Gerard Warren can never be forgiven. However, acting as if Joe Thomas wasn't worth the third pick is ignorant.

What is it about the injured list that you think is gospel?

My take is Lewis will suit up and play. Harrison will spell him and Cribbs will run some "WildDawg". vickers also may get some short yardage carries.

So, what's different and what's all the worry?

Didn't everybody want to see Dabol open up the passing game?

Knee jerk reactions. Wait until Saturday's injury report. Then again, what can you really take from a Mangini injury report?

Do we have any Rb's healthy?Jerome's only one participating...and his knee still tweeked...Cribbs backup RB?

It doesn't matter....we have BQ. With a solid controlled passing game, running the ball isn't as important.

I expect Quinn to be like a surgeon and carve up the Denver pass defense.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like Joe Thomas has made two pro bowls or anything. Oh yeah, RB's career's are notorious for lasting over a decade [/sarcasm].

Passing on LT (or Richard Seymour, who was actually considered by Butch more than LT was) for Gerard Warren can never be forgiven. However, acting as if Joe Thomas wasn't worth the third pick is ignorant.

Ignorant? Ignorant is thinking lineman are more important that skill positions.

lololololol you probably would...ha ha ha

I would too....Joe was the pick we needed to make.

It's not that I wouldn't want Peterson, but if he had come here he wouldn't be the same player...you have to have blocking.

Ignorant? Ignorant is thinking lineman are more important that skill positions.

Sorry Solon...they are. It's just that people like you don't know it.

I will beat you every time with a great line and a HS running back over you with a HS line and Jim Brown in the backfield.

Bank it

Bullshit. Not when you can break six consecutive tackles you don't.

No BS man...no matter what you do, without a line, everything else is neutralized.

And please, don't use our crappy tackling as your reasoning..

don't use our crappy tackling as your reasoning..

I'm not just using ours, 'peen. I'm using the rest of the NFL's, as well.

ANYWAY...I'm glad we have Thomas but Peterson is undoubtedly special.

I will beat you every time with a great line and a HS running back over you with a HS line and Jim Brown in the backfield.

Both of those teams will suck.

But I'll take Jim Brown and 5 scrubs over the 90's Cowboys line and Paul Palmer.

Good to hear this.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...looks_good.html

Browns RB Harrison looks good in practice

by Tony Grossi/ Plain Dealer reporter

Thursday September 17, 2009, 7:40 PM

The Browns' running back situation, which was down to Jamal Lewis in the opener against Minnesota, is getting stronger.

Jerome Harrison has had no limitations in practices this week. That's the first time he has had back-to-back good days since suffering a knee injury early in training camp.

"He's made great strides over the week," coach Eric Mangini said. "He had a pretty good week last week, but I just thought it was better to give him another week. I like the way he looked [on Wednesday]. I'm encouraged by his continued progress."

Harrison played briefly in the first preseason game and then sat out the final three exhibition games. He was inactive for the regular-season opener.

In June, Mangini spoke of an enlarged role for Harrison in the offense. The injury gave rookie James Davis the opportunity to shine in preseason, raising speculation that he could supplant Harrison as a change-of-pace back.

But Davis suffered a shoulder injury against Minnesota and missed Wednesday's practice. Harrison appears to be on track to pick up some playing time.

How might he be used?

"It really depends," Mangini said. "As we had last week, there'll be different guys in different packages." The Cribbs factor: The Browns gave up a kickoff return of 41 yards and a punt return of 36 yards last Sunday, igniting two Vikings scoring drives. The assumption is that the teams sorely missed Josh Cribbs, who is off coverage units because of his increased role on offense. Cribbs led the Browns in special teams tackles the past three years.

But Mangini has no intention of returning Cribbs to plug the leaks.

"It's about the group," Mangini said. "And it's about leveraging the player, understanding how they're going to block you, and being able to recognize and beat those blocks and get to where you're supposed to get. You can't have missed tackles, can't have people vacating their responsibility. You've got to cover the whole field. There's things you can do to help your partner. So a lot of things come into play. Josh is a very good cover player but I feel we have good cover players in addition to Josh."

It's possible the Browns will try to acclimate newly signed free agent Ray Ventrone onto the coverage units as soon as possible. The former New England Patriot was signed on Wednesday as a safety/receiver and special teams player.

"Special teams is how I've been able to play this long," said Ventrone, who was undrafted in 2005 out of Villanova. Brown pants: The Browns intend to wear brown pants and white jerseys on the road all season.

Mangini said he decided on the radical look because he thought it looked good "and the guys felt the same way." Players also find the brown pants more comfortable and less restrictive because of the absence of a stripe down the legs.

"There was no bigger part to that decision," Mangini said. Injury report: Davis improved to have limited participation in Thursday's practice. That was the only change on the Browns' injury report. Orton's finger: Denver quarterback Kyle Orton played in Cincinnati with a cut finger and dislocated knuckle on his throwing hand protected by stitches, a wrap and a glove. He had the stitches removed this week and is contemplating removing the glove.

Despite the bad digit, Orton was 17 of 28 for 243 yards in Denver's 12-7 win in Cincinnati. Eighty-seven of the yards came on the "immaculate deflection" play to win the game. Local tie: We inadvertently omitted Richard Quinn from our Wednesday scouting report on Denver. The Broncos rookie tight end attended Maple Heights High School his last two prep years and played for Butch Davis at North Carolina. The Broncos traded up with Pittsburgh to take Quinn in the second round of the draft. Quinn is a native of Huntsville, Ala.

Archived