THE BROWNS BOARD

DENVER

Guest ATENEARS

Guest ATENEARS

I know Bob hates Denver with a passion, but myself, I think the old AFC Championship losses to old Horse teeth has worn off with me. The Bronco's don't get my blood pumping as they use to, they are almost average on my radar.

I guess winning out there in their house would mean something, but curious how many who were big Browns fans through the 80's still have deep scars?

Yeah, its worn off for me too, althought not completely gone.

It's all about the W at this point. Against anybody. Playing Denver tomorrow doesn't really make a W any sweeter.

It gets me more if their new HC starts 2-0 and ours starts 0-2. The salt in the wound is they will have done it with losing Cutler, a Marshal circus, and an injured Orton. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

I don't know if people understand we have been owned by Denver forever. I believe the all time record is 5-20 against them, which is pathetic. Included in those losses are some bone crushing defeats. More than just the drive and the fumble etc, but some regular season ball busters where the ball always seems to bounce their way. They are Pittsburghian in the way they have gotten the breaks in this series.

I can't stand the Broncos and especially their fans. I think they have a good diehard base, and as a matter of fact I'd put them maybe in the top five, but they ahve talked a lot of shit over the years.

A victory tomorrow would be huge, like major huge. I don't care if we win by a half a point and Quinn sucks ass or what, just win the game. This game is huge guys, we need it bad. 0-2 with a road game at Baltimore (a team ready to feast on a young QB) is not a good thing and the season could start to go south quick. Just get the W.

I'm so sorry to go OT for a minute...but I'm not sure who Bob is but when I read what I bolded the image that immediately popped into my head is:

trial.jpg

:lol:

Okay...back to the topic.

Nah, I don't harbor any grudges against Denver. I feel like those losses were just a matter of timing and luck. It's not that we couldn't have easily won them, we just weren't lucky those days. It sucked, but they were just 'games', you know?

For me it always has been and always will be about beating the stealers and now the ravens. That's it. The other teams are just blips on the radar.

God, I'm probably going to get hammered for this but are you hott? I usually never see women on a message board and my mind got to thinking....... Just curious, ya know

Guest ATENEARS
the broncos ruined my childhood. 86,87,89 i was 6, 7, and 9 years old.

I was in college and on the 'Fumble' I was at a party in a packed house. We celebrated for several minutes, piled on right in the living room before we realized he had fumbled ...

I cringed at the sight of ole Horse Teeth for years. I give respect to Qb's who can put together long drives to win games though, and gave USC's young QB credit in that Win last Saturday for doing the same. (but Big Ben got lucky last season)

I grew up remembersing the old Orange Crush, who rolled the Raiders back in 1977 AFC Championship game as I sat watching in my Oakland Raider cowboy hat.

I think the rivalry will heat back up if we start finishing in the same placement in our respective divisions. Once every 4 years isn't enough to keep wounds fresh. I still have to be careful when using the words "the drive", "the fumble", or "the Elway" around my fiancee...shes small, but she knows where the rolling pin is hidden...

Hey it's Bob here!!! LOL

I absolutely HATE the Steelers & Broncos. Both have been both very good & VERY LUCKY over the years (who else would run in a tipped pass on the last play of the game in week #1).

I will never, ever, ever get over those AFC Title games, especially the first two. I'm still pissed that Schottenheimer pulled Dave Puzzoli off the field after he was the only Cleveland Brown to touch Elway all day, he just sacked him to make it 3rd & 18, Marty puts his prevent in and yes, it PREVENTS us from winning. Did I forget to mention he hammers Herman Fontenot up the MIDDLE on 3rd & 2 in OT on our first possession? And yes, Karlis Missed the damn FG wide left, I was there. The Fumble, ugh, what can you say about that one, besides Webster Slaughter not blocking Castille on the play.

I was also there in 1980, when Randy Gradishar picked a ball off of the back of Tom Jackson and ran it back for a TD, Browns lose. I watched in horror when the Broncos Rob Lytle fumbled in the AFC title game at the f-in 2yd line (vs the Raiders), and the refs gave him a TD....Denver lucks into the Superbowl in 1977.

Yes, I have issues with the Broncos...we GOTTA kick their asses. 5-20 all time vs. them doesn't sit too well at all.

I guess winning out there in their house would mean something, but curious how many who were big Browns fans through the 80's still have deep scars?

My order of hate goes:

1. Ratbirds

2. Denver/Steelers

2. Steelers/Denver

I'd pay high dollar for someone to push Horseface McCardealership into traffic. He shit on my childhood. I hope he gets the clap.

I want the families of the entire Denver team, and all of the fans to be ashamed of the Donkeys after this game is over.

My hatred for the Broncos died down when Elway retired however it would give me a little extra joy to win against them vs any other team outside our division.

I agree. The rivalry to me was always with the Elway-led Broncos, and when he retired, it just isn't the same. When he was there, there was always a chance to redeem yourself.

Still, they are low on the list of franchises I would like to see win every season.

My NFL Hate-O-Meter

1) Steelers

2) Cincy

3) Denver

4) Houston Oilers

5) The team southeast of us formerly known as the Cleveland Browns

6) Dallas

7) Any team from California or Florida

To this day, the squealers and dirty filthy lying cheatin cheapshottin ugly rabirds suck so much,

I refuse to draft ANY of their players in fantasy football.

No matter what.

Denver was just a long time ago.

But the Steelers and stupid ratbirds sucked back then, they suck right now, and they will suck always and forever.

Nothing worse than the 1987 drive. I was so nervous as a 10 year old, I had to shoot hoops in the driveway just to calm down a little. I came back in when the Browns had just scored the go ahead TD, then the Broncos were backed up at their own 2. The worst of the "drive" came when they hit a long 3rd and 18. I couldn't believe it. I just ran out of the house and didn't look back lol. I didn't need to, I knew what was coming. It was a sad thing really. At that time, the big "snakebitten" Cleveland still hadn't been standardized yet. After that fiasco, the Cleveland Experience was born. Though RR88 was probably the beginning of it. That fiasco was amazing as well.

I couldn't believe it. I just ran out of the house and didn't look back lol. I didn't need to, I knew what was coming. It was a sad thing really. At that time, the big "snakebitten" Cleveland still hadn't been standardized yet. After that fiasco, the Cleveland Experience was born. Though RR88 was probably the beginning of it. That fiasco was amazing as well.

No... snakebit sooner than that, in 1969 the Browns just MALLED the Cowboys forthe Eastern Conference Title game 38-14 then went to Minn on Jan 4 1970 and lost the NFL championship to Joe Kapp and the Vikes. talk about sadness in my life... I was around 10 years old then. It all seemed so normal to expect the big game loss - I would never say choke... BTW- I left my house during the 3rd Q last Sunday right before Petersons monster 64 yd TD :(

I was in college and on the 'Fumble' I was at a party in a packed house. We celebrated for several minutes, piled on right in the living room before we realized he had fumbled ...

I cringed at the sight of ole Horse Teeth for years. I give respect to Qb's who can put together long drives to win games though, and gave USC's young QB credit in that Win last Saturday for doing the same. (but Big Gay Ben got lucky last season)

I grew up remembersing the old Orange Crush, who rolled the Raiders back in 1977 AFC Championship game as I sat watching in my Oakland Raider cowboy hat.

In my opinion it was just as much the fact that the prevent defense and anything more that a minute + on the clock and any decent QB will typically hurt you. We were the better team! The only thing that I can say at this point in time is that "Ol' Horse teeth" is lookin real old these days. I mean REAL OLD! I mean glue factory OLD!!! Go Browns!!!!!!!!

I hate Denver and the Broncos, since the '80s losses and forever.

I hate that they wear one of our colors and they do so badly. The original uni's sucked and the new ones suck worse.

I hate that damn stripe.

I hate John Elway.

I want to destroy them tomorrow, for the past and for this season.

Scars? Yes.

I did my share of waiting and suffering as a child and teenager. As a rather young adult at the time I had high expectations of those 80's Browns.

It's too late to change now. It's already burned into my DNA. Outside of the AFC North division, there is no team I'd rather see the Browns beat in a big way.

I don't care how many times their roster has turned over since then. I'll still enjoy seeing Denver on the short end of the stick.

P.S.

I think hiwaygal's favorite term for the lot of us is "Goobers" rather than nimrods. Maybe she just likes chocolate covered peanuts. :P

Lately its been people within the Browns organization that have my bullseye.

When Belechik benched Kosar the worm began to turn. Since then there has only been sadness with breif moments of joy, but all the scars will freshen once we see the better half of.500 and approach important matchups with are enemies such as Denver and the Steelers.

Archived