THE BROWNS BOARD

Running Game compliments the 30-points

Guest ATENEARS

Sev...

DA did a DECENT job last week...but the fact is he STILL blew up late in the game and on the final play.

It is indicative of DA that he just has that ONE MOMENT just about every game...and in his FIRST GAME with LIMITED PRACTICE, you cannot say that BQ had a melt-down at any point in this game. There just wasn't one.

So, while it wasn't all on DA...he had enough of a history of melting down to justify the move.

Listen, here is one stat that says it all:

25 STARTS

12 out of 25 starts DA had EITHER less than 50% completions or MULTIPLE INT's (or both)!!!

That is nearly 50% of his starts where he couldn't complete half his passes or threw 2+ INT's...and that just is NOT getting it done.

Now, was he the ONLY reason? No, but he sure wasn't helping!!!

We finally reached a point in this season where we HAD TO KNOW what we had in BQ so we could make informed decisions about the future of this team. And that meant DA had to be benched. Period.

Guest Masters
Sev...

DA did a DECENT job last week...but the fact is he STILL blew up late in the game and on the final play.

It is indicative of DA that he just has that ONE MOMENT just about every game...and in his FIRST GAME with LIMITED PRACTICE, you cannot say that BQ had a melt-down at any point in this game. There just wasn't one.

So, while it wasn't all on DA...he had enough of a history of melting down to justify the move.

Listen, here is one stat that says it all:

25 STARTS

12 out of 25 starts DA had EITHER less than 50% completions or MULTIPLE INT's (or both)!!!

That is nearly 50% of his starts where he couldn't complete half his passes or threw 2+ INT's...and that just is NOT getting it done.

Now, was he the ONLY reason? No, but he sure wasn't helping!!!

We finally reached a point in this season where we HAD TO KNOW what we had in BQ so we could make informed decisions about the future of this team. And that meant DA had to be benched. Period.

But for the last 5 games....

That stat you put it up is exactly why DA was benched. As I have just said several times, DA wasn't the only problem for CLE, but he was one, and one that CLE at least had a chance to try and fix.

Listen BQ had a decent game against a terrible defense. BQ had run support for once against a bad run defense and faced little pressure.

BQ had stallworth in the lineup and kw in the slot in a lot of one on one coverage against a db. He never went deep or over the top or even really midrange. He threw to kw basically and was bailed out like DA quite a few times. He made bad dirt passes and over the head with some extra heat.

Had that been DA this board would have crapped itself with the blame DA game and put in quinn. that is a fact.

DA threw 2 tds last week and possibly a third against a premier defense without stallworth in the lineup creating kw one on ones or relieving pressure from be. The run game was non existant. We were up by 13+ and again the same thing. end of the third and the 4th the other team came back and beat us.

Basically in a game to game comparison within the same week we as a team did exactly the same thing. DA had much less help against a better team and BQ had more help against a much worse defense for virtually the same result.

Fans can delude themselves and say this is BQ's franchise but it is far from over.

Hey looks like I was wrong.

Quinn started with better field position.

Quinn 34.4

DA 32.4

Woo hoo

BUT DA had 12 drives and only scored on 4, and we punted 6 times.

Where as Quinn only had 10 drives and scored on 6 of them and punted twice.

But I know...it was all the difference between the Baltimore defense and the Denver defense.

....Baltimore is ranked #2 on D and Denver is ranked #29 on D but I'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

Guest Masters
Listen BQ had a decent game against a terrible defense. BQ had run support for once against a bad run defense and faced little pressure.

This is not something DA hasn't had. And even in the BALT game, early on he had run support. CLE did hit the averages BALT gives up

BQ had stallworth in the lineup and kw in the slot in a lot of one on one coverage against a db. He never went deep or over the top or even really midrange. He threw to kw basically and was bailed out like DA quite a few times. He made bad dirt passes and over the head with some extra heat.

He did. But the bad passes were far and fewer than we have seen from DA. That was a team decision not to go deep, not BQ. There weren't plays there for it. Heck, it's even in one of the articles on the PD from players, including BE

Had that been DA this board would have crapped itself with the blame DA game and put in quinn. that is a fact.

That's a stretch. Depends on what DA did. If he did exactly what Quinn did, they you wouldn't. The closest you'd see is people complaining that more of the Good DA then Bad DA games will continue on for CLE. You obviously didn't read the board after the NYG game. Your exagerations and generalizations don't help your attempts to say you are about all the issues, and not just about DA.

DA threw 2 tds last week and possibly a third against a premier defense without stallworth in the lineup creating kw one on ones or relieving pressure from be. The run game was non existant. We were up by 13+ and again the same thing. end of the third and the 4th the other team came back and beat us.

One TD could have just as easily been a pick. The run game was existent. Not like against DEN though. And what did DA do when the game started to slip away? Folded like a deck of cards. As to having Stallworth, well, Quinn hit 8 dfferent targets. QBs make due with who is out there. Again, see NO, ATL, CHI, and a slew of other teams.

Basically in a game to game comparison within the same week we as a team did exactly the same thing. DA had much less help against a better team and BQ had more help against a much worse defense for virtually the same result.

At the same token, DA didn't help him self either last week. Guys can't make plays when you throw balls over their head and at their feet. It wasn't like there were any more drops last week than this. And you have to atleast question by BQ had more help. Guys made plays for him, which they stopped doing for DA about week 13 of last year.

Fans can delude themselves and say this is BQ's franchise but it is far from over.

Of course it is far from over, it was one game. But I saw more of the little things in that one game that you expect from the guy that is supposed to be a field general than I have ever seen from DA.

Guest Masters
Hey looks like I was wrong.

Quinn started with better field position.

Quinn 34.4

DA 32.4

Woo hoo

BUT DA had 12 drives and only scored on 4, and we punted 6 times.

Where as Quinn only had 10 drives and scored on 6 of them and punted twice.

But I know...it was all the difference between the Baltimore defense and the Denver defense.

....Baltimore is ranked #2 on D and Denver is ranked #29 on D but I'm sure that had nothing to do with it.

It didn't hurt. But I have seen DA play like ass against bad D's. It's one game, but Quinn looked good, no matter how you turn it. We'll see how he looks on MNF against BUF

The Best Thing Quinn did was Be ACCURATE ! Yes he missed on plays But 23-35 is a Good Job like 66% THAT Percentage will put him among the Best in the Game. Seldom has ANDERSON had that kind of Accuracy. Quinn LOOKS like an Athlete and seems to be a Leader... we will see. He is playing for Cleveland... so I am sure the Curse will find a way to derail him, enjoy it while it lasts !

Guest Masters
The Best Thing Quinn did was Be ACCURATE ! Yes he missed on plays But 23-35 is a Good Job like 66% THAT Percentage will put him among the Best in the Game. Seldom has ANDERSON had that kind of Accuracy. Quinn LOOKS like an Athlete and seems to be a Leader... we will see. He is playing for Cleveland... so I am sure the Curse will find a way to derail him, enjoy it while it lasts !

I was with you until the last part.

FIRST Brady played well. He was efficient and looked comfortable. He did throw high and low and miss. We did throw 3 times in the redzone to score and could not just like the game against Baltimore.

Just like baltimore we scored 27+ points and were up by 10+ and in the end of the third and 4th quarter our defense melted down.

We ran well in the first half and we had stallworth. We also used Cribbs unlike in the Baltimore game we did not do any of those things.

We as a team duplicated the exact same game except against a MUCH WEAKER DEFENSE. Both qbs tossed 2 tds and missed on a redzone attempt. BQ had the advantage of better playcalling because we actually could rush and having stallworth along with Winslow lining up in the slot one on one against a number 3 db. Quinn did not see the pressure nor the exotic defenses the Raven have. So techinically DA had less to work with against a much better defense and put up good numbers with more working against him in personnel and team rushing help.

ITS NOT DA NOR THE QB POSITION. BQ did not stretch the field at all. Honestly I think DA probably would have put up more tds. Either way our TEAM has massive problems. This game back to back against a much weaker defense just showed us how bad our D was.

Yeah. Or DA would have completely shit the bed, just like he did agaisnt the crap Washington defense he face.

With Anderson you never know what you're going to get. And that's the problem.

You can't seem to understand this basic premise. READ the guys scouting report - it's JUST like it was coming out of college, only 4 years later.

Wait, why am I debating anything with you regarding our backup QB? Off to ignore with you.

Archived