THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Ryan and the Cleveland Blitz!

Mr. T

Its about time. The last 4 seasons under RAC really tested my patience for not destroying the TV set on many sundays with the read and re-act defense. How many times did we see 3 & 16 or longer only to give up first down yardage.

Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan did as much blitzing as Browns fans have seen this decade in his Cleveland debut, against the Vikings.

“There’s risks to everything,” Ryan said. “There’s risk if you play ‘loaded zone.’ The quarterback’s back there for half an hour.

“Bottom line is balance. If you do blitz, you have to have a rhyme and a reason for it.”

The 2008 Browns didn’t blitz a lot.

blitz article

I loved it we need to do it alot more. If you look at the defense I like:

D-Line - Great good rotation too.

LB's - Good RILB, Stop Gap LILB Barton good for 1 or 2 downs, but need upgrade. Would love to have Hawk from GB here!

OLB Wimbley good, but might need upgarde and then the other jet Bowlen I beleive not sold on maybe hall but still not on, so this needs upgraded.

CB's - not sold on wright or mcdonald, seems something is missing

FS's - Elam is decent, but Poole is terrible I think both positions need upgrade. Like in another post I would love to find the next ERIC TURNER!

***But on another matter thats not defense is offense I think Dabol should call old offense coordinator of shotenheimer infante and ask for his playbook ! ( He was great offense of minded coach)

If you noticed last week that ryan also called in some run blitzes, we saw more of this in the first half than the second.

Like they say your best defense is a great offense. get first downs and keep the other team off the field.

I love a blitzing defense when done at the right times like the browns did it in the first half against the vikes it closes running lanes and applies pressure if its a playaction pass...ryans defense looks formidable now stamina becomes an issue... ;)

especially today @ Mile Hile. our D-Line will probably each have their own personal oxygen tank.

Oh man, I was so excited during the first preseason game to see actual blitzes coming from the Orange and Brown for once. I remember during the 8-man blitz that resulted in a sack I was thinking its been so long since I've seen something like that I had forgotten what a blitz looks like. :lol:

I'm so glad we're off of Crennel's prevent Defense. The only thing that scheme prevented was fourth downs.

Archived