THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn is too impatient to wait for his recievers to get open

DeadWombat

I found this little snippet in the news this morn. Pluto had a little comment in his sports column that went something like this:

Why did 11 of Quinn’s 35 passes go to the tight end, and seven more to slot receiver Matt Furrey? While the family and friends of tight end Robert Royal (former Ravens coach Brian Asshole called him “Royal Roberts” on TV during the game) love this offense, it’s not what the Browns have in mind. Quinn was racing through his progressions too fast, dumping the ball off to the tight end or slot receiver before it was necessary. As the Browns studied films, they saw some receivers were open but Quinn wasn’t patient enough to get him the ball. They are stressing that Quinn look just a little longer down field.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....brady_quin.html

I found this odd, especially considering I've read so much praise for Quinn's poise on the field. For me, Quinn's repeated throws to Royal in week 1 was the biggest question mark the whole game. Do you think he released early to avoid the rush? Was he intimidated by Minnesota's defensive line? Was he too eager to move down the field?

It just seems like a rookie-type mistake to me. My guess is that he just got rattled at the pressure of a season opener against a good defensive team. IMO Quinn is smart enough to know he can do better than this. He should have his calm and focus for the game against the broncos today.

EDIT: LOL. I just found out that bill ick gets autoreplaced with asshole. :lol:

Guest ATENEARS

Ahhh ... I watched a lot of high school players rush the play and not allow it to develope but I didn't feel this was a trait with Quinn on Sunday.

My biggest problem with Quinn last week was that he didn't see the field. At times, his head never swiveled off of the left side of the field and I believe on the majority of his throws he had a pre-determined target prior to the snap (the INT was the poster boy for this trait).

I'll give him the first game jitters excuse ... but will be looking for much improvement today. He really needs to come out in rythmn, perhaps even some scripted plays to get him comfortable.

I'm really looking for good things today, I'm pumped and I hope I ain't disappointed come later tonight.

GO BROWNS!

Ahhh ... I watched a lot of high school players rush the play and not allow it to develope but I didn't feel this was a trait with Quinn on Sunday.

My biggest problem with Quinn last week was that he didn't see the field. At times, his head never swiveled off of the left side of the field and I believe on the majority of his throws he had a pre-determined target prior to the snap (the INT was the poster boy for this trait).

I'll give him the first game jitters excuse ... but will be looking for much improvement today. He really needs to come out in rythmn, perhaps even some scripted plays to get him comfortable.

I'm really looking for good things today, I'm pumped and I hope I ain't disappointed come later tonight.

GO BROWNS!

Heres to hoping for a better game from BQ...scripted plays to pre-designated targets will cause tunnelvision and a good D will read though it...the key is to move out of the plain vanilla as soon as possible in order to give the defense something to guess about....;)

I liked the idea but then remembered we have to rely on Daboll for the playcalling.

Everyone is willing to be patient with Quinn because he is inexperienced. And thats fair and I agree with it. But if thats the case, we also have to give Daboll that same benefit, as he is a young, first time play caller. Hopefully they will both get better together as the season goes on, but to expect pro bowl caliber plays or calls this early into virgin seasons is a little far fetched IMO. Now if by seasons end we still see the same problems we see now, then yeah they both may need replaced next season.

Archived