THE BROWNS BOARD

Lets put the truth out there, period.

youtubeking1111

go ahead and tell me that I was never a real fan, or whatever some of you mindless ones will no doubt say after reading this, but...

-Do you ever watch those commercials during the game, you know the ones with tons of jacked up football fans eating chips and drinking pop, and jumping up and down...and sigh, and say, man, i wish i knew how that feels? There has been maybe 5 games since 1999, where I can honestly say there was an amazing, positive vibe at a football party I was at.

-Do you realize how absolutely LAME we sound when we talk about the pre-NFL championship? or the bernie years? We look like a bunch of douches. I know several Pittsburgh fans...I was driving in a car with them once (go ahead someone and make a lame joke about "sorry to hear about your luck, man it must have sucked to get stuck in a car with Shittsburgh fans!") and the "pittsburgh sucks, pittsburgh sucks!" song came on and they just looked at me. I felt like a loser. They didn't even need to say anything, It was just obvious how incredibly shitty our team is. I mean, we have songs, they have superbowl rings.

-cue up MJ's "you are not alone" and admit that I am right.

go ahead and tell me that I was never a real fan, or whatever some of you mindless ones will no doubt say after reading this, but...

-Do you ever watch those commercials during the game, you know the ones with tons of jacked up football fans eating chips and drinking pop, and jumping up and down...and sigh, and say, man, i wish i knew how that feels? There has been maybe 5 games since 1999, where I can honestly say there was an amazing, positive vibe at a football party I was at.

-Do you realize how absolutely LAME we sound when we talk about the pre-NFL championship? or the bernie years? We look like a bunch of douches. I know several Pittsburgh fans...I was driving in a car with them once (go ahead someone and make a lame joke about "sorry to hear about your luck, man it must have sucked to get stuck in a car with Shittsburgh fans!") and the "pittsburgh sucks, pittsburgh sucks!" song came on and they just looked at me. I felt like a loser. They didn't even need to say anything, It was just obvious how incredibly shitty our team is. I mean, we have songs, they have superbowl rings.

-cue up MJ's "you are not alone" and admit that I am right.

Its been more then 5 games, but you are dead on. Steelers fans can care less about the Browns, we are not even on their radar. This is no rivalry in there minds with the Browns. Its sad but true. I am die hard fan but Browns fans are like guys talking about there glory days in high school and they now they currently working at a gas station. No other NFL teams or fans talks about the past. The only way we do this is because we have no present or future.

I will not admit that you are 'right'.

That would be giving you the pity you think you deserve as a Browns fan.

I'm still proud of my team...even when they suck. It's part of being a loyal fan.

If it bothers you that much, go cheer for pissburgh.

Why does being proud of a horrible organization translate into "being a loyal fan." I am not trying to argue here, and I am certainly not looking for "pity", I dont even care about that, I am just saying, we all need to reevalute things here.

Also, what exactly is it that you are being "loyal" to? the "idea" of the browns? Its not the same team (the ravens are the browns) are you loyal to the coaches? which ones? the players? which ones? Detroit is in many ways a more respectable team than the Browns. At least they know what they are. How about our city shuts its mouth, acts humble, and when we beat Pittsburgh, then we can celebrate.

From Webster's Dictionary:

Main Entry: loy·al

Pronunciation: \ˈlȯi(-ə)l\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle French, from Old French leial, leel, from Latin legalis legal

Date: 1531

1 : unswerving in allegiance: as a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government b : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due c : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

2 : showing loyalty

3 obsolete : lawful, legitimate

That's what loyalty is.

Your post above reeked of self-loathing caused by a team of which you claim to be a fan. If you are a loyal fan, even the sucky years are part of your heritage. When the wins come (and THEY WILL COME) they will be much sweeter. If you can't understand that, I have no idea how to explain it to you.

I am loyal to my hometown team. Because I always have been and always will be.

The Ravens ARE NOT the Browns. Art Modell took his team and left. That's not our team. We've moved on, unfortunately not forward, but onward.

We do not have to be humble. We have an amazing record of football history and fandom. We see what we could be, not what others want us to see.

You sound like you really want to be a fan of another team. Or a steeler fan who is trying to make us feel bad because our team is doing so poorly. Either that or you are too young to remember the glory days. Either way, if you want to hang your head in shame, go for it. Just don't do it while wearing your Browns hat, okay?

Yep, Yep, just the sort of mindless responses I would get. I don't remember the glory days? what does remembering games from twenty years ago do to help me feel better while I watch a team get their assess kicked for nine out of ten years?

I absolutely loved your post that said "When the wins come (and THEY WILL COME)" You are the exact reason why this town sucks. You just keep saying, year after year, that next year will be great. You MUST remain "loyal." How about not remaing loyal, not trying to think it will get better. If we all did that, how long would it take for these bums (Lerner all the way down) to figure it out they couldn't keep making millions of dollars a year for doing nothing. Go throw $80 down on a throwback and think you are cool.

they call it pop in seattle as well.

http://popvssoda.com/

"Pop" is proper Pittsburghese.

Along with jumbo, gum bands and 'jeet'.

Get your own dialect.

And I know yinz are going through a tough time so I'll lay off the smarmy football remarks as much as I can. This week I turn into a stains fan as yinz are playing the hated rats. Stains go 1-2 by this time next Sunday, mark my words.

Hang tough.

Regards

.... an'at

Guest 88fingerslewy
From Webster's Dictionary:

Main Entry: loy·al

Pronunciation: \ˈlȯi(-ə)l\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle French, from Old French leial, leel, from Latin legalis legal

Date: 1531

1 : unswerving in allegiance: as a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government b : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due c : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

2 : showing loyalty

3 obsolete : lawful, legitimate

That's what loyalty is.

Your post above reeked of self-loathing caused by a team of which you claim to be a fan. If you are a loyal fan, even the sucky years are part of your heritage. When the wins come (and THEY WILL COME) they will be much sweeter. If you can't understand that, I have no idea how to explain it to you.

I am loyal to my hometown team. Because I always have been and always will be.

The Ravens ARE NOT the Browns. Art Modell took his team and left. That's not our team. We've moved on, unfortunately not forward, but onward.

We do not have to be humble. We have an amazing record of football history and fandom. We see what we could be, not what others want us to see.

You sound like you really want to be a fan of another team. Or a steeler fan who is trying to make us feel bad because our team is doing so poorly. Either that or you are too young to remember the glory days. Either way, if you want to hang your head in shame, go for it. Just don't do it while wearing your Browns hat, okay?

I like your style.

I KNOW THIS FIRST-HAND

I live near Pittsburgh, and TRUST me, the Browns could not possibly get any less respect than they do here.

When they discuss the AFC North, LITERALLY, they never even MENTION the Browns. The absolute most that will be said is "Yeah they suck". This isn't the fans, but the media.

It is shameful to be a Browns fan and live near a town with such a successful franchise, considering this USED to be a rivalry.

The Browns are the Pittsburgh Pirates of Cleveland....nothing but a punchline.

Archived