THE BROWNS BOARD

Needed!

Solon16

In That order........Quinn unwatchable today again. Two words come to mind "Acid-Indigestion". We have a defense that will keep us in everygame if we had even a decent run game. The QB play the last two weeks has been really really bad, IMO. Quinn has been in the league 3 years and he seems more lost than sanchez...U can throw in flacco & ryan. Boy o boy,the draft class that held J. russel and B. Quinn, sure bamboozled the league...or should i say Oakland and Cleveland. (Troy Smith looks awfully good about now) ;) 5th round?

QB,RB and RT....should be first three picks next year in order!

Sam Bradford?

we could always trade for jonathan stewart from the panthers to solve the RB problem, I hear they were interested in corey williams(they would probably want more than just that though).

Corey Williams and BQ....for stewart without thinking.

OK Who?

These two clowns aren't getting it done!

Here are my thoughts on the game that I wrote in an email to another member.

Problems (kind of in order)

Daboll (suck factory douche-nozzle Chud2)

RBs (jamal is goalline situations only at this point. And that's

passing situations. He'd be a mismatch in the endzone. Also he's a

beast on passblocking - I loved the way he upended Dawkins on one play

- Dumervil still pasted StPuss on the play and collapsed the pocket. I

don't know why he can't run anymore, I'm thinking it falls more on our

line)

Right side of OL (holy hell StClair is atrocious)

3rd down passing game (clearly Daboll is #1 here too but our only open

routes were 5 yds short of 1st down. Quinn gets a little blame but

I'll excuse him making those throws if that's what was open. Cribbs

gets some blame for not knowing where the line is. But props to both

guys for trying to make a play, that is, Quinn getting it to Cribbs in

space to give him a chance to do something)

No slants or Sceen passes all game. Is the playbook like some

murder/mystery drama where we'll get all of it at the end?

Quinn (actually didn't have an awful game but needed to play lights out FTW)

Pass Rush is almost there (but it seems like our pass coverage is

nonexistent Stokely ran all over the field).

Do we play TE's anymore?

Safties? With the #1 pick of the 2010 draft, the Cleveland Browns

select Eric Berry or Taylor Mays.

Corey Williams and BQ....for stewart without thinking.

Make it DA and Williams and our 3rd (maybe conditional to a 2nd?) and they might be interested.

That's the only sort of thing that would save this season. There's not much we can do about RT until Hadnot gets back. Maybe Womack moves out to RT when he returns?

A real back would help a lot. Someone who can move upfield and hit a hole.

about daboll's play calling being completely different, I have a feeling that daboll was calling the plays in the preseason, and mangini is the one calling most of the plays now. I remember in an interview about a failed cribbs run, mangini said "that was on me, I called that play". it would make sense as well since mangini brought in a highly rated defensive coordinator, and a first year offensive coordinator, so with the first year coordinator, the OC is more happy about having a job than calling the plays, and mangini knows he won't be arguing over power.

honestly I think it's on mangini at this point.

I'm not pushing that panic button yet. We put DA back in and we are saying the season is already over and we're playing for draft position next year. Play Quinn till the bye week, if he keeps looking like this then we bench his ass, and start scouting QB's coming out.

DA does make quicker decisions, but like we've said all along, he's so inconsistent you don't know what you get from week to week, and you KNOW that when you go up against the big dogs he's gonna shit the bed. I'm going to be patient with Quinn even though this was the worst 2 game start you could imagine.

I honestly think he's too scared to make a mistake, or perhaps Mangini has created this climate of fear and has said nobody's job is safe week to week so he's constantly looking over his shoulder. If that's the case then all of this falls on Mangini's shoulders. But we can't know for sure...

UM....I couldn't script a worse start for Quinn...he looks like a freshman in High school out there(very nearly unwatchable)....

How could George Foster look worse than St. Clair did today?

LOL ...Quinn didn't have an awful game???/ LOL holy sheet.....ur too much

Um, Quinn DIDN'T have an awful game. He wasn't good, nor great, but he wasn't even bad, let alone awful.

It's really interesting to me how everyone wants to ignore the fact that Quinn had ZERO killer mistakes tonight. NONE.

You don't think AVOIDING negative plays is almost as big a deal for a raw starter as positive plays? Okay, how about Stafford today with the 2 picks, one when they had a chance to get back in it late? Those are KILLER mistakes.

And how about Sanchez today? He made the big TD throw, yes, but he also AVOIDED blowing the game. Had they lost, would anyone have said it was his fault for not doing more to help them win?

Um, Quinn DIDN'T have an awful game. He wasn't good, nor great, but he wasn't even bad, let alone awful.

It's really interesting to me how everyone wants to ignore the fact that Quinn had ZERO killer mistakes tonight. NONE.

You don't think AVOIDING negative plays is almost as big a deal for a raw starter as positive plays? Okay, how about Stafford today with the 2 picks, one when they had a chance to get back in it late? Those are KILLER mistakes.

And how about Sanchez today? He made the big TD throw, yes, but he also AVOIDED blowing the game. Had they lost, would anyone have said it was his fault for not doing more to help them win?

WE DISAGREE! Completely

we could always trade for jonathan stewart from the panthers to solve the RB problem, I hear they were interested in corey williams(they would probably want more than just that though).

Quinn absolutely needs a great Run game to be successful, IMo...Stewart would be a dream!

I'm not pushing that panic button yet. We put DA back in and we are saying the season is already over and we're playing for draft position next year. Play Quinn till the bye week, if he keeps looking like this then we bench his ass, and start scouting QB's coming out.

DA does make quicker decisions, but like we've said all along, he's so inconsistent you don't know what you get from week to week, and you KNOW that when you go up against the big dogs he's gonna shit the bed. I'm going to be patient with Quinn even though this was the worst 2 game start you could imagine.

I honestly think he's too scared to make a mistake, or perhaps Mangini has created this climate of fear and has said nobody's job is safe week to week so he's constantly looking over his shoulder. If that's the case then all of this falls on Mangini's shoulders. But we can't know for sure...

I really thought I'd see a huge step this week between his first start and second game...the only improvement i saw was that he actually threw the ball to BE downfield a couple times...the rest was 3 & 8 throw for 5... "pull out your hair bullshit!!"

I noticed you did not include Center, you are willing to let Alex Mack play his way being a quality player.

Mack has 2 starts and QB Quinn has 5

If Mack cant get us a win after 5 starts should we replace him to?

---- My suggestion would be to replace St. Claire move Cribbs to #4 WR and get J. Davis healthy and run him and Harrison splitting the duty. ----

I noticed you did not include Center, you are willing to let Alex Mack play his way being a quality player.

Mack has 2 starts and QB Quinn has 5

If Mack cant get us a win after 5 starts should we replace him to?

---- My suggestion would be to replace St. Claire move Cribbs to #4 WR and get J. Davis healthy and run him and Harrison splitting the duty. ----

I thought Mack had a Kick ass game! Shaun Rogers too! smart ass...The QB play was very poor, i don't think you can say otherwise and keep a straight face!

Here are my thoughts on the game that I wrote in an email to another member.

Problems (kind of in order)

Daboll (suck factory douche-nozzle Chud2)

RBs (jamal is goalline situations only at this point. And that's

passing situations. He'd be a mismatch in the endzone. Also he's a

beast on passblocking - I loved the way he upended Dawkins on one play

- Dumervil still pasted StPuss on the play and collapsed the pocket. I

don't know why he can't run anymore, I'm thinking it falls more on our

line)

Right side of OL (holy hell StClair is atrocious)

3rd down passing game (clearly Daboll is #1 here too but our only open

routes were 5 yds short of 1st down. Quinn gets a little blame but

I'll excuse him making those throws if that's what was open. Cribbs

gets some blame for not knowing where the line is. But props to both

guys for trying to make a play, that is, Quinn getting it to Cribbs in

space to give him a chance to do something)

No slants or Sceen passes all game. Is the playbook like some

murder/mystery drama where we'll get all of it at the end?

Quinn (actually didn't have an awful game but needed to play lights out FTW)

Pass Rush is almost there (but it seems like our pass coverage is

nonexistent Stokely ran all over the field).

Do we play TE's anymore?

Safties? With the #1 pick of the 2010 draft, the Cleveland Browns

select Eric Berry or Taylor Mays.

You want to blame daboll but there are atleast three other guys running routes"down" field PAST the 1st down marker! Yet on third down BQ seems to give up and throw to the safety valve...everytime! fkn maddening...that's not daboll's fault....it just isn't.

I thought Mack had a Kick ass game! Shaun Rogers too! smart ass...The QB play was very poor, i don't think you can say otherwise and keep a straight face!

Your right, Mack had an excellent game. Was he killing worms on his long snaps. I believe at HT they had to give him help from the RG in which left St Clair all alone, who didn't do shit all day.

You could put any of the Manning boys at our QB position and the results would've been the same.

To bad you got stuck with that DA jersey, you can hang it up next to the Frye one.

Your right, Mack had an excellent game. Was he killing worms on his long snaps. I believe at HT they had to give him help from the RG in which left St Clair all alone, who didn't do shit all day.

You could put any of the Manning boys at our QB position and the results would've been the same.

To bad you got stuck with that DA jersey, you can hang it up next to the Frye one.

Hey can i get that DA jersey for my Tim Couch Jersey, at least he is still playing or something...

Archived