THE BROWNS BOARD

Needed!

Solon16

Your right, Mack had an excellent game. Was he killing worms on his long snaps. I believe at HT they had to give him help from the RG in which left St Clair all alone, who didn't do shit all day.

You could put any of the Manning boys at our QB position and the results would've been the same.

To bad you got stuck with that DA jersey, you can hang it up next to the Frye one.

Thats just typical of you...I've never pimped any QB in Cleveland...Quinn sucked two games str8, and was fkn unwatchable today. Go ahead and take your Bullshit potshots at me, I'm fine with that...but don't lie! Never liked frye or DA. Atleast least DA is entertaining to watch....both of these clowns can't/ aren't getting it done. As to either Manning having same results....lmfao....you are stupid to even say that! But that is evident already.

Its not the QB.

We cannot run the ball, and we only have one better than average receiver on the field.

Then add in the pathetic right side of the O line. and what do you get? 0-2

I still think BQ could have done better, but we have more than a QB controversy. Depending on who is available in the draft I would love for us to draft a 2nd round right tackle.

0-2 people, not 0-16...there is a LOT of football to be played this year still.

In That order........Quinn unwatchable today again. Two words come to mind "Acid-Indigestion". We have a defense that will keep us in everygame if we had even a decent run game. The QB play the last two weeks has been really really bad, IMO. Quinn has been in the league 3 years and he seems more lost than sanchez...U can throw in flacco & ryan. Boy o boy,the draft class that held J. russel and B. Quinn, sure bamboozled the league...or should i say Oakland and Cleveland. (Troy Smith looks awfully good about now) ;) 5th round?

QB,RB and RT....should be first three picks next year in order!

Sam Bradford?

I would add 2 safeties ,2 WRs and 1 DE to that mix...;)

Im not ready to think its BQ or even DAs fault at this point its more about simplistic scripted crap and poor poor playcalling that is designed to cause us to lose the 2 QBs are our best pieces in a puzzle with many missing pieces..

You want to blame daboll but there are atleast three other guys running routes"down" field PAST the 1st down marker! Yet on third down BQ seems to give up and throw to the safety valve...everytime! fkn maddening...that's not daboll's fault....it just isn't.

Guess which guy was open? Guess why he was open?

Or after the 2 second pocket collapse guess which receivers haven't broken their routes yet?

Our sorry ass pass blocking right side is designed for a screen pass if I've ever seen it.

Guest ATENEARS

We are missing more than players ... I just realized that we haven't WON since mz the pussy, Shep and Aloy left ....

now manbearpig is leaving .... we'll never win again.

Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.

If we go top 5? After the first two games I cant see us drafting any higher than 3. Its going to be a long year. What size is your browns gear Im always looking for a deal?

Can I add a Safety to this list?

Pool should be flat out cut after that pussified performance yesterday.

Pool takes games off some time or even plays off, we have seen it in the past, and what was McDonald doing out on the field shadow dancing receivers and not able to bring them down.

Ole!

I thought Mack had a Kick ass game! Shaun Rogers too! smart ass...The QB play was very poor, i don't think you can say otherwise and keep a straight face!

I agree that Mack had a good game blocking. But he is seriously needing a long lesson when it comes to making sure the QB gets the ball from the shotgun! The QB play was what it was. I won;t argue for or against it. But I'm not ready to bring in DA.

Yeah, if we've got top 5 again & we don't take Eric Berry or Taylor Mays, I'm burning all of my Browns gear. Clearly it's cursed, and I'll have to start fresh and get some new.

IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!

Anything other than QB is a waste of time

IF we have a top 5 pick it's because our QB play Sucks...You take a QB if you are in top 5. We should have taken a QB this year but didn't know what we had in BQ....If we in top 5 in 10' draft we MUST take a QB!

Anything other than QB is a waste of time

not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.

We only have one good receiver. Quinn had time in the pocket, but nobody was open. Cribbs is not a receiver, keep him on special teams.

Right side of the line is really really bad. No wonder the Bears were glad they got rid of St. Clair

Jamal Lewis is still an awful running back. He will not help this team win. There were a lot of people on this board who did not want to sign a free agent RB. Heck, give me Fred Taylor over him.

Where are the screen passes to Harrison? They need to get this guy more looks. What did he have, 5 carries? Romeo didn't use him, and Mangini isn't either. He's quicker and more explosive than Lewis. Give him the damn ball.

The defense isn't that bad at all. If we had an offense that could move the ball down the field and actually score, we could easily be 2-0.

This team is so hard to watch!

not really. If u look @ Arizona, Tennessee (warner and Collins) they went with an older QB as a backup and they landed up beating the starters (leinart and young). We can also just use free agency to grab a decent QB (Eagles have Vick and Jeff Garcia) or hang on to one of these two as a stop gap solution. If many feel that there are other problems in the offense that are as important as the QB then we should try to concentrate our draft choices on that.

Nothing is more important than a franchise QB...Nothing!

Signed,

Tim Couch

Let's look at that for a minute....

Rothlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, Manning, Rivers, Mcnabb,C. Palmer .... Vs. J. Harrington, Alex Smith, David Carr, Akili Smith,Tim Couch

Caveat....You must Take a Qb and Be CORRECT!

if couch had had a line blocking for him he still might be in the league. it's hard to throw the ball when you're face down in the dirt. we need a front office that knows how to draft. how about a blue chip running back? let the defense grow and address the freakin offense for once. start harrison and davis when he's healthy. let anderson put up points, at least we'd have a chance. somethin pleeeeeezzz!

Guest ATENEARS

I'm always game to bring in a good QB Vet, I wanted Bledsoe when the Pats let him go for cheap, I wanted Rich Gannon during the expansion kick-off, I would have waited for Drew Brees shoulder (turned out there was no wait necessary). I always like Collins ... I didn't turn my nose at us trying Garcia the skitterish water bug ...

I really would like to go this route even if we draft a QB in round #1 next year.

Shep will tell ya, I always favored bringing in a vet to push (break-up?) the Frye/Anderson/Quinn party, the Couch/Holcomb party and would have been in favor of a real vet this year (one with more clout than Ratliff).

These vets have maybe 5-6 years tops, but are huge in allowing you to grow a grass-roots younger QB in the system.

I am not in favor of Michael Vick, though.

I'm always game to bring in a good QB Vet, I wanted Bledsoe when the Pats let him go for cheap, I wanted Rich Gannon during the expansion kick-off, I would have waited for Drew Brees shoulder (turned out there was no wait necessary). I always like Collins ... I didn't turn my nose at us trying Garcia the skitterish water bug ...

I really would like to go this route even if we draft a QB in round #1 next year.

Shep will tell ya, I always favored bringing in a vet to push (break-up?) the Frye/Anderson/Quinn party, the Couch/Holcomb party and would have been in favor of a real vet this year (one with more clout than Ratliff).

These vets have maybe 5-6 years tops, but are huge in allowing you to grow a grass-roots younger QB in the system.

I am not in favor of Michael Vick, though.

What good Vet Qb's out there? I don't see a good fit do you?

Archived