THE BROWNS BOARD

My thoughts

steel88

This is not about an individual player, it is about a team.

I saw today a team that is not that talented and is looking for an identity

It starts with a philosophy and ends with execution

No one on the sidelines or the playing field executed and the game we saw today was a team effort in futility

Nobody coached or played well enough to win

How many times are we going to run up the middle for a yard or 2

How may third downs did we allow the Broncos to convert a first down

This is Kyle Orton for heavens sake

The offensive game plan had no imagination and no creativity

Most of the time no one is open

The offensive line broke down

Thier offensive line gave Orton 8-10 seconds to throw on many occasions

We have one experienced receiver

Our cornerbacks continue to get victimized and cannot tackle

Our pass rush is non existent

The opinions of most people who post here are based on many years of frustraiton and losing.

It is understandable

It would not have mattered who the quarterback was so saying that Quinn sucks is not relevant here

Anderson would have faired no better.

Troy Aikman would have faired no better

The first drive was indictative of the play calling and coaching

Running up the middle does not work and then we put ourselves in a postion to fail

Brady Quinn is young and it is way to early to judge what his impact will be long term

He is a product of a gameplan that lacks a running game and inexpereince in the receiving corps. The offensive line was also a very problematic area

By not naming a starter earlier in training camp left us with no synergy from qb to receiver

These are just some of the variables that led to this loss but it goes deeper than this

The team needs to regroup and the fans need to understand that sucess is not going to happen overnight

I understand the frustraton of being a browns fan and that leads to posts that are inaccurate and not rel;evant to the problem at hand

The problem is we are not a good football team and everyone suffers from Brady Quinn to Shaun Rogers

Todays loss was a team effort and everyone participated including our quarterback, offensive line, coaches and even fans

Keep the faith, they will come around.

It is just not realistic to think it is anytime soon

Brady Quinn is young and it is way to early to judge what his impact will be long term

He is a product of a gameplan that lacks a running game and inexpereince in the receiving corps. The offensive line was also a very problematic area

By not naming a starter earlier in training camp left us with no synergy from qb to receiver

Well said.

I also see the throws he completes are to stationary targets mostly. He seems to have a lot of accuracy issues of his own. I thought Denver ran the same offense if that's the case there way ahead of us. They actually look like they practiced all summer.

Inevitably the Browns will be in a position to draft an incredible, high-pedigree player in the first few rounds, and Mangini will out think himself and trade down to select 3 or 4 special team guys.

It is incredible how one team, year in and year out, could butcher the draft like they do.

It's as if they are dead set on never having any stars.

Playmakers win in this NFL. This run and stop the run thing is really outdated unless you are excellent at both. Defenses are too fast. You need a playmaker at QB and spread the defenses out. We are so awful it's almost laughable.

Whatever. I'm so tired of these debates.

Archived