THE BROWNS BOARD

A quick fact/stat check for those calling for a QB change...AGAIN....

SoCalDog

For all those who think Quinn has been "horrible" this year so far...... might want to check your stats/facts before wanting good ol boy DA back again...

Quinn so far: 66.9

DA for ALL of 2008: 66.5

So, if Quinn has been horrible, DA was even more so..... and you want THAT again?

It's not the QB! It's pretty much EVERYTHING... :huh: DA would have had been sacked 6-8 times today from lack of mobility alone as bad as our OL is.

Also, so far, there's only one team that's allowed more sacks than us.

Good stuff So Cal.

Are we really near the bottom in sacks allowed?

If thats the case DA never stood a chance and maybe thats where the oregon faithful can hang there hat,Maybe the Browns didnt want him to get hurt so he sits till hadnot gets back!

To rich...

Yep, we've given up 9 and only GB has given up more (10). Hell it would have been higher if Quinn hadn't escaped with his life about 3-4 times today.

QB stats/sacks

For all those who think Quinn has been "horrible" this year so far...... might want to check your stats/facts before wanting good ol boy DA back again...

So, if Quinn has been horrible, DA was even more so..... and you want THAT again?

It's not the QB! It's pretty much EVERYTHING... :huh: DA would have had been sacked 6-8 times today from lack of mobility alone as bad as our OL is.

Hell, you can put either in there. Im wondering which QB we are take with the over all #1 pick in the draft?

Quinn for all of 2008 66.6.

Didn't get to watch the game so no comments on performance this week.

The fumble in the first quarter was that BQs fault or just a good defensive play?

I thought it was a bad snap...we saw too many of those today :rolleyes: come on first round draft choice, you can't be doing that

Im for winning and if BQ isnt cutting it at least try DA i said this last year about pulling DA and putting BQ in sometimes a new qb at an unexpected time changes everything and gets a spark im for trying anything but as usual we have a stupid coach and OC and playing to win doesnt seem to matter to them like it does to the fans...mangenius my ass...new faces same disgraces..

It's funny how we are still argueing to determine who's the lesser evil between two mediocre QBs.

Put in who you want and we'll lose the game. It's no longer a matter of DA vs BQ. We should be crazy to still argue on this shit. I think we should know something about football, at least enough to clearly admit we have a bad team on both sides of the ball with two mediocre QBs.

Our entire game plan, right or wrong that it may be, is designed to try and hide our mediocrity. And it fails...

awesome....quinns just as good as DA.

that makes me feel so much better......

If this is true, and it may be, you have to put in DA. He at least opens the entire playbook for us and keeps the Defense honest. All they are doing now is stacking the box, stopping the run, and blitzing the hell out of us. They are making BQ beat them and it has lead to an 0-2 start because he cannot beat them. DA at least gives his recivers a chance on every throw and the D must respect that.

We knew this year was a wash before it started but I cannot stand getting embaressed every week.

GO CAVS!

If this is true, and it may be, you have to put in DA. He at least opens the entire playbook for us and keeps the Defense honest. All they are doing now is stacking the box, stopping the run, and blitzing the hell out of us. They are making BQ beat them and it has lead to an 0-2 start because he cannot beat them. DA at least gives his recivers a chance on every throw and the D must respect that.

We knew this year was a wash before it started but I cannot stand getting embaressed every week.

GO CAVS!

Let me know how DA would have changed the result using our Run Run Pass Punt play calling?

Quinn for all of 2008 66.6.

Didn't get to watch the game so no comments on performance this week.

The fumble in the first quarter was that BQs fault or just a good defensive play?

Bad snap by Mack.

awesome....quinns just as good as DA.

that makes me feel so much better......

What it MEANS is that our problem is not at QB, they're both good enough to run a team.

The problem is we have pieces of shit where talent should be.

Now we're back to the old is it the line or the QB argument again.

Same thing we saw with Frye. Everyone thought it was the line, but when DA came in, the sacks dropped. It seemed Frye was holding the ball too long and scrambling, making it harder to protect him.

Quinn isn't scrambling all over like Frye, and does step into the pocket. I saw the pocket collapse pretty quickly a few times yesterday; other times, he held the ball for too long (the near-safety in the endzone comes to mind here).

Dumervil beat St Clair like a rented mule yesterday. I think DA takes less sacks, but has interceptions instead as he tries to gun it out of there to avoid the sack. We KNOW he does this because we've SEEN him do it a zillion times; getting rid of the ball quickly doesn't do any good if it results in turnovers, especially crushers like ints-for-TDs.

I assume Quinn is unsure of himself or the receivers and that's why he is holding the ball too long at times; he didn't exhibit that trait last year.

Guest ATENEARS

Charlier Frye was sacked 5 times, in the first half of the opener in 2007. He got off 10 pass attempts. In came Derek Anderson who was only sacked 14 times in the remaining 15 games, tossing 527 passes inbetween.

Brady Quinn has been sacked 10 times in 6 appearances with 5 starts.

Anderson has been sacked 36 times in 31 appearances with 27 starts.

Pro-rated to Andersons term, Quinn is on pace for 50+ sacks in that same amount of games.

Why you people keep saying that Anderson would get even more killed back there is beyond me.

One common theme I keep seeing in various threads is about having to pay an escalating contract to Quinn,why in the hell would that bother anyone who doesnt right the checks?

I think there is some jealousy. I couldn't care less, myself. It's not MY Business (the Browns business entity), nor it is my business.

I wish people would stop saying DA would have been sacked more because he's immobile. DA in fact, gets sacked A LOT less.

2007 - DA was sacked 14 times in 15-1/2 games (less than once a game, with 28 TDs). Now consider that Frye was sacked 5 times in 1 quarter with the same offense against the same team and what does that say about DA's poise?

2008 - DA was sacked 14 times in I believe, 8 games? (less than twice a game. 8 TDs and an infinite amount of drops)

2008 - Quinn was sacked 9 times in TWO GAMES! (4-1/2 times a game, got a boo-boo on his finger and quit. Way to take advantage of your big break)

2009 - Brady has been sacked 9 times in TWO GAMES! (4-1/2 times a game)

PS. In 2008, Brady's completion % was .4 better than DA's

His rating was .1% better than DA's.

DA's TD% was a full point higher than Brady's. His INT% was only .6% worse than Brady's. Mind you, he played much better defenses, and had ZERO targets and no running game.

I'm not sure where the idea came from that just because Brady is mobile he gets sacked less than DA because it's just false. DA stands in there yes, but he also gets rid of it, a lot of times to the other team, but he does not get sacked as much. I agree with everybody that St. Clair is aweful but Quinn needs to do a much better job of getting rid of the ball. He knows when he's gonna get pressure and instead of making a decision where to go with the ball quickly, he start rolling out and hopes for the best.

Are you really stating your case on a difference of 4/10 of a percent? It is the QB. DA lost his job last year and he was working with less than BQ is right now. It won't be long until he gtes pulled. Normally I wouldn't be so convinced of that but EVERYTHING that concerned me about BQ's game has shown itself on a consistent basis dating back to last year. He just doesn't have it.

Guest ATENEARS
I wish people would stop saying DA would have been sacked more because he's immobile. DA in fact, gets sacked A LOT less.

Looks like we both were working on the same 9theme) post at the same time.

AND ... it ended the discussion here.

Guest ATENEARS
What discussion?

The opening original thread stated, "DA would have had been sacked 6-8 times today from lack of mobility alone as bad as our OL is", others followed supporting this myth.

Mopaji and I both presented evidence to to the contrary. There the disscussion ended.

Would you like us to dumb it down for you Dr. Seus style?

One fish ... two fish ... dish off short of the sticks

three fish ... four fish ... Horse Balls don't deserve this dis'

Let me know how DA would have changed the result using our Run Run Pass Punt play calling?

First off, what can you call in football besides run or pass?

Nevermind. When DA is in there the entire playbook is open and we are no longer one dimensional. You probably have never played football in your life because there is a HUUGE advantage when you are playing a one dimensional team vs a team with multiple options. With Quinn, you crowd the line, if they run, you have 8 guys there to fill gaps. When they pass, you have pressure on the QB and guys making tackles on the TE/RB but definately not the WRs, 4 yards before the 1st down marker.

Looks like we both were working on the same 9theme) post at the same time.

AND ... it ended the discussion here.

I'm not sure the discussion will ever end. There will always be some "good" excuse.

But hats-off to ya ATENEARS. It's good to have an ally for once.

Charlier Frye was sacked 5 times, in the first half of the opener in 2007. He got off 10 pass attempts. In came Derek Anderson who was only sacked 14 times in the remaining 15 games, tossing 527 passes inbetween.

Brady Quinn has been sacked 10 times in 6 appearances with 5 starts.

Anderson has been sacked 36 times in 31 appearances with 27 starts.

Pro-rated to Andersons term, Quinn is on pace for 50+ sacks in that same amount of games.

Why you people keep saying that Anderson would get even more killed back there is beyond me.

Maybe because it's not the same offensive line DA played behind in 2007 - 08?

First off, what can you call in football besides run or pass?

Nevermind. When DA is in there the entire playbook is open and we are no longer one dimensional. You probably have never played football in your life because there is a HUUGE advantage when you are playing a one dimensional team vs a team with multiple options. With Quinn, you crowd the line, if they run, you have 8 guys there to fill gaps. When they pass, you have pressure on the QB and guys making tackles on the TE/RB but definately not the WRs, 4 yards before the 1st down marker.

This would be true assuming DA knows the playbook and is comfortable "opening it up". But you have absolutely nothing to base that on. He played hardly any in preseason and its AN ENTIRE NEW OFFENSIVE SCHEME / PLAYBOOK.

You all just need to chill the F out and evaluate the team as a whole after the bye week. This is a damn expansion team.

You could put Tom Brady in at QB and he couldn't do shit either.

Archived