THE BROWNS BOARD

Daboll

dawg08

Where did we get this guy? Did he come with Mangini from the Jets?? This guy couldn't coach my son's Pee Wee league football team if he had the chance. What a lousy job of play calling!! What has happened to this "WildDawg" formation we were going to see with him this year? and I don't mean running this particular formationl when the team is on the goal line when they need a half yard and they got Jamal Lewis who can just ram his way in!!

Where do we get these lousy coaches from anyway?? Bland offenses with no creativity what so ever. They come to the team with promises and ideas and they stand on the side line and make play calls that bore you to sleep!!

Mangini and daboll need to realize in order to win in the nfl when you have a crap team you have to be deceitful and mix it up a lot keep the defense guessing instead they come out with plain vanilla and very few variables this is so easy to prepare against that its sick...

Granted we have a rookie center and a benchrot rookie QB and various rookie WRs including cribbs shifting in and out and the coaches likely are trying to get the vanilla basics down firmly before expanding the playbook much but a live game is not the place to work this junk out live games you try to win and instead we are playing to lose...

I also do not like this offense or some of the talentless mucks we have on it at skilled positions and unskilled alike...most blamed DA for last years disaster i think the best thing about BQ starting is it should be plain for all to see DA wasnt the problem afterall..

Both QBs approach the game with different techniques ,mechanics and styles but both in the end run into the exact same problem...

BQ plays it safe he often isnt getting the time to wait for seperation and when he gets the time there is no seperation and he checks it off....

DA plays a gamblers style if he can he tries to wait for seperation but it never comes and with the pocket collapsing he choses to throw into traffic often accurately hoping the target will snag it or at least make a move at it and prevent a pick and often neither happens...but hey this is cleveland land of destroyed QB careers and permanent safehouse of the leagues worst WRs...

Give either of these guys truly decent WRs and a little protection and they will kill the opponent each in their own distinct way..

How the hell are we 7 yards away from the goal after a fumble and we fail to get a TD? Here's what happened.

Jamal runs up the middle for 1 yard.

Jamal runs up the middle for 2 yards.

Incomplete pass to the slot Furrey (Quinn throws it away)

Kick a field goal.

How many times have we watched this last year? It made me embarrassed to be wearing a Cleveland jersey. Why did we watch 3 of the most boring, predictable plays followed by a defeatist field goal attempt in the beginning of the game? It was damn depressing. DA would have not done any better. Hell, Jesus Christ would have not done any better at QB.

I think we are seeing something that shep said would happen. That QB competition really killed any chemistry that could of been built in training camp and preseason. What we are witnessing is a bare bones offense, we cannot fully open up the playbook for the simple fact that Quinn hasn't had the reps in practice to run these plays in a game. Same goes for a lot on the offense.

Also the right side of our line might be the worst ive seen....ever

Inspecta, bringin your weekly dose of excuses for Quinnsuck.

He's here every monday morning folks. Same time, same channel.

Guest ATENEARS
I think we are seeing something that shep said would happen. That QB competition really killed any chemistry that could of been built in training camp and preseason. What we are witnessing is a bare bones offense, we cannot fully open up the playbook for the simple fact that Quinn hasn't had the reps in practice to run these plays in a game. Same goes for a lot on the offense.

Also the right side of our line might be the worst ive seen....ever

In reagrd to limited reps in training camp

I have two thoughts on this.

#1.) I liked the way Mangini ran his camp this season. I witnessed drills using all the QB's on staff, where we had the QB's running (walking through) routes when they didn't have the ball in their hand. They weren't over in the back of some long line playing slap-happy with their friendly teammates, they were all learning and if they weren't throwing, they were participating somehow.

#2.) How many Training Camps did we receive reports of Tim Couch having tennis-elbow from throwing too many reps in camp? That could have just been Tim Couch being a pussy, but I think it also bears some weight.

These guys sat through a lot of film study and meeting room discussions. Each Quinn and Anderson probably threw 10,000 passes since last year, most executing this new offense.

Let's un-snap them training wheels here.

Completely overrated. In 2007 Anderson stepped on the field in game 2 after splitting reps w/ Frye and immediately had chemistry with Braylon, JJ and Winslow. The playbook didn't look limited. This is Quinn's third year on the team. Cribbs and Edwards have been here during that time and he's had reps with both. He had three games last year as the #1 to work with Edwards. He's been on the sidelines with a headset watching Braylon for two years. Hell, his best game was the one where he was named the starter Wednesday in Crennell's surprise flip-flop announcement.

Do you really think that Daboll hasn't put in the whole playbook because the QBs split reps?? After OTAs, Mini camps, training camp and two weeks of game preparation?

Did Tom Brady's playing second fiddle to Drew Bledsoe through the preseason and beginning of the season back during the first year of the Patriot's SB run require some great big adjustment period? What about when Kurt Warner took over the soon to be greatest show on turf after Trent Green was injured during the next to last preseason game? Excuses.

If the playbook is limited it's because they ripped out the pages containing throws that Quinn can't make. Truth is, the offense can't execute even basic plays and don't hold the ball long enough to establish any tempo. So far Quinn's part of the problem, not the solution.

Completely overrated. In 2007 Anderson stepped on the field in game 2 after splitting reps w/ Frye and immediately had chemistry with Braylon, JJ and Winslow. The playbook didn't look limited. This is Quinn's third year on the team. Cribbs and Edwards have been here during that time and he's had reps with both. He had three games last year as the #1 to work with Edwards. He's been on the sidelines with a headset watching Braylon for two years. Hell, his best game was the one where he was named the starter Wednesday in Crennell's surprise flip-flop announcement.

Do you really think that Daboll hasn't put in the whole playbook because the QBs split reps?? After OTAs, Mini camps, training camp and two weeks of game preparation?

Did Tom Brady's playing second fiddle to Drew Bledsoe through the preseason and beginning of the season back during the first year of the Patriot's SB run require some great big adjustment period? What about when Kurt Warner took over the soon to be greatest show on turf after Trent Green was injured during the next to last preseason game? Excuses.

If the playbook is limited it's because they ripped out the pages containing throws that Quinn can't make. Truth is, the offense can't execute even basic plays and don't hold the ball long enough to establish any tempo. So far Quinn's part of the problem, not the solution.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I think the thing that pisses me off the most about QUinn is the same thing that pissed me off about Frye.

HALF OF THE PLAYBOOK GETS THROWN AWAY!! And it is because of nothing else outside of the fact Quinn can't make the throws. I saw the coaches trying to help him by coming out in the shotgun and going 3 or 4 wide. They did this so the defense is spread out and can't stack the box as well as givins QUinn a good look at the feild. The coaches hands are tied. Because the guy who gets the ball on every play, can't make the plays.

I saw the coaches trying to help him by coming out in the shotgun and going 3 or 4 wide.

Hmm.

Peyton Manning goes into a shotgun...

a lot of qbs go into the shotgun...

even barfsonhisburger is smart enough to go into a shotgun.

What?

I saw the coaches trying to help him by coming out in the shotgun and going 3 or 4 wide.

Hmm.

Peyton Manning goes into a shotgun...

a lot of qbs go into the shotgun...

even barfsonhisburger is smart enough to go into a shotgun.

What?

Yes, and teams do it for different reasons at different times. I don't think we're doing it because we have an abundance of talent like the above mentioned teams you listed and we want them on the field. Or because our QB has proven he can exploit weaknesses in defenses.

Stop. It's a valid point and an accurate observation.

Archived