THE BROWNS BOARD

Relax... Sheesh

Jason J

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought you might like that! I'm always amazed at the number of people who don't know that game. In my house you learned it right after Candyland.

-jj

Always surprised me as well. Seem if you don't live in OH, MICH, or Canada, you don't know the game. When at my dads, you learned it right after you learned to chug a half yard of beer (that was in place of candyland, but was just as good).

Who are you talking to?

-jj

To myself i guess...hehehehe

What im pissed about can be summed up in 2 words..

Bad owner...everything thats wrong points to the owner of this club since 2002 after his fathers demise randys fingerprints are all over the major problems of this club..a troubled locker room ,disrespect for the fans and,the culture and the traditions of browns football ,the consistant bad design that is anti-old skool traditions ,the bad regimes ,the anti-fan secrecy which is quietly passed on to each regime to obey from the top and the bad product that hits the field from all the aforementioned things...

Lerner doesnt have the football knowledge to choose the right people to run this team and he hired mangini over his advisers head he seems to lavish this fanbase coming apart almost as if he wants to take this POS to NY for a 4th team...unfortunately theres little you can do to get an owner to sell unless local polititians the nfl and the media get heavily involved and im sure lerner has them in his pocket...;)

I cant say I disagree with DA coming into the game last Sunday. The team needed a spark...anything!, Can you fault a HC for making the change to see if the team responds any better?

I really don't see a problem with it, As a fan or a coach. If you're not executing you have to try someone else.

I cant say I disagree with DA coming into the game last Sunday. The team needed a spark...anything!, Can you fault a HC for making the change to see if the team responds any better?

I really don't see a problem with it, As a fan or a coach. If you're not executing you have to try someone else.

If you don't see a problem with it, you just have absolutely zero football sense. IMO

There are a few problems with it.

1. You just went through a QB controversy during camp. By doing this 3 weeks in, you opened that controversy right back up. From the fans, to the press, and to within your own locker room.

2. If you are actually commiting to Quinn and his development, you have to leave him in there and ask him to what you just asked Anderson to do. Extra time on the bench in the second half of a game is not going to help his development at this point. He's got to get his lumps and opportunities to make mistakes in order to learn from them.

3. Now as HC you have lost credibility with your players. You made a decision then waffle on it two and a half games into the season. People don't tend to follow indecisive people and that is what Mangini has now put the impression of himself as.

Thought you might like that! I'm always amazed at the number of people who don't know that game. In my house you learned it right after Candyland.

-jj

We learned it right after spades....you know...learn the whole trump thing and to follow suits...but still knew it well by 6...lol

Jason, awesome as usual. Nice to read coherent sentences and reasonable thoughts after a loss -- debacle -- like Sunday's.

Your strongest point to me was about burning his trump (nice euchre reference, I agree with the rest of the gang) so soon in the hand.

Just like leading with your trump shows you know or care very little about playing with your partner in euchre, burning your "Pro Bowl backup QB" card this early shows you know or care very little about team dynamics and chemistry in football.

Having Quinn obviously suck for 5-8 games would at least buy you the excuse to move to DA, even if more knowledgeable people would have known there were other issues for the sucking.

Doing it this way embarrasses BQ, puts DA in an impossible position and tells everyone on the team "This could be you."

There's hard-nosed disciplinarian and then there's unfeeling tyrant. Mangini, wittingly or no, is closer to the latter.

Archived