THE BROWNS BOARD

This is How You Handle Fans.

ClevelandFanForLife

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...es-off-on-fans/

Redskins linebacker tees off on fans

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2009 10:12 AM ET

And the misadventures with Twitter continue.

According to Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post, Redskins rookie linebacker Robert Henson didn't like the fact that fans at FedEx Field were exercising their First Amendment rights to demonstrate displeasure with the return on their investment in the price of a ticket to a football game by shouting "BOO!" at the home team during a sluggish 9-7 win over the Rams.

So Henson went off, Twitter style.

Steinberg has consolidated Henson's Tila Tequila-style stream of rants. Here's a condensed version of it.

"All you fake half hearted Skins fan can .. I won't go there but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!! No I didn't play but I still made more than you in a year and you'd [gladly] switch spots with me in a second, I was talking to the fans [who] said the crazy stuff, I'm use [to] heckling but I've never been booed in my own stadium. . . . The question is who are you to say you know what's best for the team and you work 9 to 5 at Mcdonalds. . . ."

Robert, please tell us how you really feel.

Henson, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 draft, later apologized. "Listen Twitter family I was really upset about being booed and things being thrown at us and I said some things that were out of line," Henson wrote. "So keep supporting us and we will keep playing hard for you all again I'm sorry."

It remains to be seen whether the fans forgive and forget. Or whether the team will still have a place for a guy who insults the paying customers -- or whether he'll soon be relegated to a career of working nine to five at McDonald's.

this is honestly one of the funniest things i've read in a while. welcome to the nfl rook.

fake hearted fans my ass....

Anybody (including myself) dumb enough to pay these prices to watch a $hitty product is either a fan or a complete imbecile. You wanna be a pro? Act like one. In the mean time, don't bitch when us fry cooks act like fry cooks!!!!

Archived