THE BROWNS BOARD

Beginning to re-evaluate the plan.

ballpeen

I will be up for the Cincy game for sure.

I had planned to catch 3-4 more games...was thinking of adding the MNF game as well.

Based on what I have seen, I may alter those plans. Each trip costs about $1000 in round numbers.

If I am going to take a 2-4 day trip and drop $1000, I can think of a lot of places better than Cleveland, Ohio to do so.

This team isn't very inspiring and have done most of the visitor stuff at one time or another.

Rock hall....check

Nautica boat cruise...check

Lolly the trolley....check

Zoo...check

Playhouse Square plays...check

Orchestra...check

Amish country....check

Islands...check

Cedar Point...check

Museums..check

Restaurants....been in most

William Mather...check

West Side Mkt....check

Science center...that's it...haven't done that.

If the team keeps playing like this, maybe I will try the Terminal Tower jump. ;)

Guest ATENEARS

Can't say that I blame ya Russ.

Never thought owning season tickets would result in being this much of a chore. Sure there are still many out there that would kill to go to ANY game, but own tickets to them all for the past decade and walk out of there pissed each week, pockets emptied and suffer the drive home and cleaning out your tailgate supplies as the hang-over sets in and it just gets down right old.

Like someone else said, They see others groups at the mixed NFL bars having a great time, high-five'in and having a good time. Rarely since 1999 have we had a really good time through four quarters of play and at the end.

I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

Getting up for dink-n-dunk bullshit, down by two scores in the third quarter is like getting up for a lower GI.

WATNED: Alibi so I can hit the titty bars during the home games.

Can't say that I blame ya Russ.

Never thought owning season tickets would result in being this much of a chore. Sure there are still many out there that would kill to go to ANY game, but own tickets to them all for the past decade and walk out of there pissed each week, pockets emptied and suffer the drive home and cleaning out your tailgate supplies as the hang-over sets in and it just gets down right old.

Like someone else said, They see others groups at the mixed NFL bars having a great time, high-five'in and having a good time. Rarely since 1999 have we had a really good time through four quarters of play and at the end.

I'm certain I'm bias toward Derek Anderson from the 7 consecutive Home wins he gave us two seasons ago. Today, that shit was the best we've ever had this decade.

Getting up for dink-n-dunk bullshit, down by two scores in the third quarter is like getting up for a lower GI.

WATNED: Alibi so I can hit the titty bars during the home games.

I was there in 07' it was my first year with season tickets. walking out of the stadium cheering at the top of our lungs. I didnt mind the 2 hour drive for some of those games. Your right now, it almost seems like a chore.

Great insight into the season ticket holder. Thanks.

Being a non-Cleveland based fan with little kids, I get one to two games a year. Its usually more on the "one" side. So, I watch our faithful on my flatscreen (purchased with the primary purpose of watching the Browns!).

To be honest, I hadn't thought about the loyalty factor to DA for a season ticket holder and that awesome home record in '07. On TV, its on TV. You know? Yeah, you know its a home game and hear the fans, but not being there loses most of that effect.

I can imagine being a bit more of a DA optimist if I'd gone to all/most of the home games for the past 10 years. :)

Thanks for being honest, Ate. Makes a lot more sense when a really Browns fan says it out loud.

It is totally different as a non-invested fan. I pay for Sunday Ticket, sure, but I'm at home and I get to watch ALL the games while waiting for/after the Browns.

I'm only REALLY annoyed for a few minutes before I get to enjoy another game.

I never thought of what it's like for you guys. Does totally change the equation, I get that.

I know what you mean man, and I can imagine the work of packing the van with a bunch of stuff and unpacking the bar afterward.

It just makes for a long 10 hour drive milling over all that went wrong trip after trip. It's one thing to come up and see a loss every now and again, but when you are heading up knowing you are going to get pasted, it's an entirely different matter.

I think for the 5 I made last year we won one..the Giants...I don't think there were any others.

You are right, 07 was fun...saw lots of wins that year which made the trips fun and enjoyable and probably why I too prefer DA because as you said, down by 10 in the early 4th spells doom for us as we plug away 3 yards at a clip.

At least with him you feel you have a shot, much like the Cards game last year. Quinn couldn't make that throw to the endzone....it would be like one he threw yesterday fairly late that went 5 yards out of bounds.

As far as alibi, I am always good for one of those with a hint of a heads up. Maybe I will join you at one of those clubs....at least we would be watching something with a little variety and bounce in it.

Archived