THE BROWNS BOARD

Robiskie and Massaquoi?

Breeze

You guys do know that Anquan Boldin ran a 4.7 right?

Could be:

He got hurt (Mangini is tight lipped on these things)

He dropped passes

He ran poor routes

He can't get open

Lots of fast guys on the street because they cannot get creative off the line. Not saying Robo is that guy, but with our WR corps and him not active, he certainly has things to work on. Being a great kid I am sure he'd tell you the same thing.

Relax. WR's rarely come through their rookie seasons. Very rare.

You make this too easy.

I bolded the section in question to help remind you what YOU said.

I then resized 'anymore' to re-emphasize the fact that you are referring to your list as "the next big things that dumb fans root for."

Write what you mean or improve your clarity. Either way, we can't be held responsible for your inability to explain yourself properly.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what you meant, then. Like a chick, you're having a hard time explaining what goes on in that pretty head of yours.

You gotta admit, that chic stab was pretty good.

I think because there is no punctuation for sarcasm you missed the point. Nobody actually said those guys were "the next big thing" That wasn't meant to be taken literally. It was tounge-in-cheek. I think you're latching oon to isolated phrases and taking them out of context so you can get angry. FAIL

I'm only saying that EVERY YEAR some 3rd team scrubs get talked about around the water cooler and it goes something like this. "Do you know who looked good yesterday? _____. I think he's got a shot. They should get him in there" And it just ties into the whole rookie hype thing. Fans want to say they were the first to say James Jackson or somebody is good. And if the guy never plays, no harm no foul. But that mentality is how we get posts like "if the rookies don't start soon I'm going to vandalize Mangini's house". Or "We suck! Let's put in more sucky players so I can see them!" Or "Do you have insider information that the kids suck? If not, than you're a stupidy stupid pants!"

I posted this exact same question yesterday and I got slammed with the "rookies have to be developed and learn from the bench" line from about 10 guys. The internet sure is a fickle mistress. Mangini wants Robiskie to work in as a gunner on special teams to earn a spot on the roster but he won't dress him to even let that happen. It mangenious logic. Now if Robsikie sucks to the point that he can't even make our crap WR corp then he might be the worst 2nd round draft pick ever and again this is back on coach. Our 1 and 2 WRs consist of mr dropsies and a kick returner. With the browns luck, robiskie will dress for special teams one game, make an insane attempt to prove his worth to mangini as a gunner and break his leg on his first play rendering him IR for the rest of the year.

Archived