THE BROWNS BOARD

Donald Brown Would Look Great In Brown and Orange

Chicopee John

I love how fans like to jump to conclusions after a couple of games on rookies. First off, Mack has been solid in both pass protection and run blocking, he just needs to work on his snaps a little more.

What would Donald Brown accomplish with a passing game that can't stretch the field and with a right side of an offensive line that can't block?

But yeah, you're right, drafting Donald Brown would have made total sense with the position the Browns were in.

This is almost as bad as the asswipe on the theOBR that tried to gloat about how "right" he was with his opinion that the Browns should have drafted Crabtree and not traded down to take Mack.

Some fans are taking shots at the wrong people. There is a QB not making plays, WR's not getting open, right tackles whiffing all over the field, defenders getting shook out of their feet by a runningback who hasn't had a day like that since his Philly days and an offensive coordinator that doesn't seem to understand how to call plays on third down that actually reach the first down marker.

Alex Mack is the least of the Browns problems right now.

What does it matter that Faine was a first round pick of Butch Davis? Faine and Mack are different types of Cs.

D. Brown had a total of 59 yards in two games. Not exactly production that screams "we should have drafted that guy"

I love how fans like to jump to conclusions after a couple of games on rookies. First off, Mack has been solid in both pass protection and run blocking, he just needs to work on his snaps a little more.

What would Donald Brown accomplish with a passing game that can't stretch the field and with a right side of an offensive line that can't block?

But yeah, you're right, drafting Donald Brown would have made total sense with the position the Browns were in.

This is almost as bad as the asswipe on the theOBR that tried to gloat about how "right" he was with his opinion that the Browns should have drafted Crabtree and not traded down to take Mack.

Some fans are taking shots at the wrong people. There is a QB not making plays, WR's not getting open, right tackles whiffing all over the field, defenders getting shook out of their feet by a runningback who hasn't had a day like that since his Philly days and an offensive coordinator that doesn't seem to understand how to call plays on third down that actually reach the first down marker.

Alex Mack is the least of the Browns problems right now.

I didn't bring up Mack's name. At the same time, Centers are not premium draft pick material.

Besides, last year posters were saying that the OL was one of the best in the league. So what do they do, they draft an OLineman and obtain another one.

Mack might be the least of the Browns' problems, but the team gave up a top, top pick to acquire him.

Bad management.

My point is that the Browns could use a capable RB. Clearly, good RBs make OLines better, not the other way around. Ideally, you have competent players at both areas.

Instead the Browns draft a CENTER in Round #1 and 2 WRs in Round #2.

Drafting a Center in Round #1 is tatamount (sp) to idiocracy.

Donald Brown = AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year.

I hope Mr. Adai isn't looking behind him because Brown is hot on his tail.

You could not be more wrong on this.. Every year a center is taken in the first round. I have a list here of all they guys taken in the first round for the past 10 years.. EVERY SINGLE ONE is still playing.except Bentley. You look at all the wasted #1 picks by the browns..several of these guys are outstanding players... There is no idiocy here.. The center is essentially the QB of your offensive line. He touches the ball on EVERY play.. Mack is going to be a good one...

I have yet to see Mack get pushed back into the QB like Frahley was all last year.. I got sick of watching Frahley get pushed right into the QB's lap last year.. We will not see that anymore.. THis is a great pick.. It's not a sexy pick..but it's a smart pick

These are not the picks of idiot GM's but smart GM's that know you have to be strong up the middle..

Mike Pollock colts 08, Ryan Kalil Panthers 07, Nick Mangold Jets 06, Chris Spencer seahawks 06, Jake Grove, raiders 05, Jeff Fainne Browns 04 (made the probowl after we got rid of him), LeCharles Bently, Saints 03, Dominic Raiola, Lions 02, Brad meester, Jagurars 01 ,Damian Woody, Patriots, 2000, Jeremy Newburry 49ers 1999,

Mack and Thomas will anchor this line for the next decade.. and we have 3 good 2nd rounders.. Robiskie and MoMass will be on this team a long time and will also be very good

You could not be more wrong on this.. Every year a center is taken in the first round. I have a list here of all they guys taken in the first round for the past 10 years.. EVERY SINGLE ONE is still playing.except Bentley. You look at all the wasted #1 picks by the browns..several of these guys are outstanding players... There is no idiocy here.. The center is essentially the QB of your offensive line. He touches the ball on EVERY play.. Mack is going to be a good one...

I have yet to see Mack get pushed back into the QB like Frahley was all last year.. I got sick of watching Frahley get pushed right into the QB's lap last year.. We will not see that anymore.. THis is a great pick.. It's not a sexy pick..but it's a smart pick

These are not the picks of idiot GM's but smart GM's that know you have to be strong up the middle..

Mike Pollock colts 08, Ryan Kalil Panthers 07, Nick Mangold Jets 06, Chris Spencer seahawks 06, Jake Grove, raiders 05, Jeff Fainne Browns 04 (made the probowl after we got rid of him), LeCharles Bently, Saints 03, Dominic Raiola, Lions 02, Brad meester, Jagurars 01 ,Damian Woody, Patriots, 2000, Jeremy Newburry 49ers 1999,

Mack was a great pick.. It's what we got for our #5 selection that disturbed me.. I don't think we got enough. But the pick for mack.. Great pick ..he and Thomas will anchor this line for the next decade..

Good info on the centers, thanks.

Those picks are hard to argue with, would be interesting to see what those teams spent the following years #1 pick on.

I forget what round Faine was drafted in.

Faine WAS a first rounder, but he was a smaller/ weaker type many felt we reached for.

He was drafted into a division where he was going to be outmuscled by the larger NTs.

He was GREAT against 4-3 teams with smaller dlinemen but wound up looking like hank against the larger, stronger 3-4 NTs.

Good info on the centers, thanks.

Those picks are hard to argue with, would be interesting to see what those teams spent the following years #1 pick on.

Thanks for the thanks.. Mack was rated as one of the best centers available not just this draft but one of the best in the last decade. I look at that list and if he makes it into the top half of that list.. we got one heckova center... We drafted this guy to take on Hampton, Ngata, and The big boys in Cinci.. He will show over time he is more than worth his ranking.. This team was never going to bounce back into contention after one draft.. I think if this draft turns our well, which it appears to have the makings of one of our best drafts in decades.. And we follow it up with another good draft next year... We will be on our way.. Things look gloomy right now. I am about as dissapointed after a 2nd game as I have been in years... But Rome was not built in a day..and Mangini got handed a pretty crappy roster. Especially on defense.

Mangini and Co managed to get a replacement for a guy a lot of people here were complaining about (Fraley) in addition to turning something like 4 draft spots into something like 9 and 5 more players.

There are players and there are PLAYERS. The Browns appear to be well stocked in the former. Not sure how many PLAYERS they have, if any.

Archived