THE BROWNS BOARD

New rule for the NFL

gmyers

I have been saying this for about the last 4 years. I think the NFL should adapt this rule:

Any team (NO MATTER YOU PAST SUCCESS) should be fined and there needs to be an internal investigation on why this team has been failing for a stretch of 8 years. If your team is a combined .400 winning percentage for that period of time then this rule is enforced immediately after the season. Just because the Browns were 10-6 does not give them a pass on this rule. Again this is a stretch for 8 years.

Obviously this stems from my frustration with the Browns organization since they have been back in the league. I dont understand how we continue to be this bad year after year. Everyone knows the finer details on why we are so bad so save those replies back to this post.

This is the NFL not the MLB or the NBA were its extremely tough to compete with the Lakers, or Yankees for example because of salary caps or free agents rather play in a “big market.”

I know this rule will probably never become a reality because of legal issues but my g-d this is a joke.

According to this rule the Browns, Lions and Raiders will be fined and an internal team of investigators will be entering Berea and Oakland after the 2009 campaign. I think we all agree these teams are not trying to do whatever they can to put a consistent competitive product on the field or they don’t have that right personal to run a professional sports organization. Its time we hold these owners etc.. to mediocre football. The fans and these cities DEMAND IT!

The penalties are as follows:

Owner will fined 10 million dollars

The commissioner will give a warning and if the teams do not have a .550 winning percentage in the 5 years they will be forces to sell 50 percent of their team.

I have more rules but you get the gist…..

At first I was going to say WTF but after pondering for a couple of minutes this is an interesting idea. I doubt the NFL really wants everyone to have a decent/good team, that prevents them from having dominant teams that bandwagon fans can support. I am guessing they want some year after year powers and a couple of new stories each year who come out of nowhere.

And how do you hold it against ownership when they draft a player like courtney brown who cannot play due to injuries? One that I would like to hear is the Detroit Lions speaking about drafting receivers, that would be interesting.

Each regime lasts 3/4 minimum unless there are extreme circumstances. So two bad hires can get you to eight years of bad football. In some cases like Mike Brown he has continually underpaid for coaches and GMs to save money. That could be fairly evident when analyzed.

But, the Browns have paid big dollar to get people who at the time appeared to be good/decent choices. Didn't everyone think that Clark would do a fantastic job because of how the 49ers had been dominant? Didn't most fans bless Crennel initially because of his superbowl rings and the respect it would get from the players?

LOL....investigate teams?? Fine teams??

Are you for real??

Absolutely I am for real. lol? Nice, 45 old years old adult that lives in a one bedroom apartment by himself uses phrases such as lol. Feel bad for you man. Even though your depressed how your life turned out please dont use 15 year old slang. No need for insults. I know you wont admit it but I am guessing waht you look like or what kinda work you do...sooo sad. I was just making a point where the owners should be held accountable for their actions, that all.

Absolutely I am for real. lol? Nice, 45 old years old adult that lives in a one bedroom apartment by himself uses phrases such as lol. Feel bad for you man. Even though your depressed how your life turned out please dont use 15 year old slang. No need for insults. I know you wont admit it but I am guessing waht you look like or what kinda work you do...sooo sad. I was just making a point where the owners should be held accountable for their actions, that all.

The internets. It's serious business.

Nice try..at any rate...lol....accountable for their actions?? What are you talking about??

Maybe we should just have the government step in.

I have been saying this for about the last 4 years. I think the NFL should adapt this rule:

Any team (NO MATTER YOU PAST SUCCESS) should be fined and there needs to be an internal investigation on why this team has been failing for a stretch of 8 years. If your team is a combined .400 winning percentage for that period of time then this rule is enforced immediately after the season. Just because the Browns were 10-6 does not give them a pass on this rule. Again this is a stretch for 8 years.

Obviously this stems from my frustration with the Browns organization since they have been back in the league. I dont understand how we continue to be this bad year after year. Everyone knows the finer details on why we are so bad so save those replies back to this post.

This is the NFL not the MLB or the NBA were its extremely tough to compete with the Lakers, or Yankees for example because of salary caps or free agents rather play in a “big market.”

I know this rule will probably never become a reality because of legal issues but my g-d this is a joke.

According to this rule the Browns, Lions and Raiders will be fined and an internal team of investigators will be entering Berea and Oakland after the 2009 campaign. I think we all agree these teams are not trying to do whatever they can to put a consistent competitive product on the field or they don’t have that right personal to run a professional sports organization. Its time we hold these owners etc.. to mediocre football. The fans and these cities DEMAND IT!

The commissioner will give a warning and if the teams do not have a .550 winning percentage in the 5 years they will be forces to sell 50 percent of their team.

thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. sorry, but it is.

also, lol, isn't trademarked by young people. anyone any age can use it. dunno why someone would try and insult a person for saying "lol."

thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. sorry, but it is.

also, lol, isn't trademarked by young people. anyone any age can use it. dunno why someone would try and insult a person for saying "lol."

Please please please! I am begging you. Can you please put a picture of yourself on your profile so I can see what you guys look like and write a little bio on your life? My lord this is would be the best ever! I can’t imagine how pathetic and fat all you guys look like. I will also guarantee all of you are over weight and you guys are the ones at the bars spending your pay check (which you of course you live week to week on) and saying how hot the waitress is and trying to make conversation with her. Of course she has to be nice but then tell us how disgusting and gross all of you are… and tells herself to suck it up this is just to pay for school. Please please please be honest with me that you’re so wrapped up in the Browns because you have nothing else to do with your lives. You obviously are trying to live through these players in some way to help you get over the pain that you guys are going to die very soon. Please lets play this game and send me your pic and I will play too. You wear your jeans shorts and your bell hanging over it. Isn’t it sad how you really have nothing to live for. This would be the CLASSIC to say the least. Of course you fat slobs will not do it because you guys will hide behind your screen names….. and your thinking deep inside I am right but can admit it and you won’t. Now go ahead make a funny remark but the truth is, this is all you have in your lives and you can admit it. Have fun NERDS hope you enjoy the rest of your 20 years on earth.

Please please please! I am begging you. Can you please put a picture of yourself on your profile so I can see what you guys look like and write a little bio on your life? My lord this is would be the best ever! I can’t imagine how pathetic and fat all you guys look like. I will also guarantee all of you are over weight and you guys are the ones at the bars spending your pay check (which you of course you live week to week on) and saying how hot the waitress is and trying to make conversation with her. Of course she has to be nice but then tell us how disgusting and gross all of you are… and tells herself to suck it up this is just to pay for school. Please please please be honest with me that you’re so wrapped up in the Browns because you have nothing else to do with your lives. You obviously are trying to live through these players in some way to help you get over the pain that you guys are going to die very soon. Please lets play this game and send me your pic and I will play too. You wear your jeans shorts and your bell hanging over it. Isn’t it sad how you really have nothing to live for. This would be the CLASSIC to say the least. Of course you fat slobs will not do it because you guys will hide behind your screen names….. and your thinking deep inside I am right but can admit it and you won’t. Now go ahead make a funny remark but the truth is, this is all you have in your lives and you can admit it. Have fun NERDS hope you enjoy the rest of your 20 years on earth.

Kalki Syndrome, The

(np) 1. Appellation for behavior in which a poster makes a scathing critique of the behavior of others, which actually is much more cogently applied to the poster himself. [den., Benjamin Dehner] See Kalki, hypocrisy

-Al, whose BMI over the past year has varied from 21.97 to 23.05

Kalki Syndrome, The

(np) 1. Appellation for behavior in which a poster makes a scathing critique of the behavior of others, which actually is much more cogently applied to the poster himself. [den., Benjamin Dehner] See Kalki, hypocrisy

-Al, whose BMI over the past year has varied from 21.97 to 23.05

Chubby guy who is married to a slob or that lives in a one bedroom apartment by himself and makes 38k a year for 1,000 Alex?

Chubby guy who is married to a slob or that lives in a one bedroom apartment by himself and makes 38k a year for 1,000 Alex?

Really man, it is a stupid idea. We all have brain farts from time to time, so no big deal.

All the other stuff makes me wonder if you were sick and stayed home from school today.

I live in the south and there have been heavy rains, now causing record flooding...maybe you live here too and the buses didn't run due to high water.

WTF :blink:

Archived