THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign ex Steeeler special teams ace Madison

Mr. T

Browns signed CB Anthony Madison.

Madison will be an asset on special teams where he led the Steelers in tackles last season. He'll replace Marquis Floyd on the roster.

Browns signed free agent CB/special teams ace Anthony Madison today. Was one of the better special teams players in the NFL last year

He led the stoolers in special teams tackles last season, even with his job in jeopardy he took time off during training camp to attend to his fathers funeral.

My take is he never caught up when it was time to make final cuts.

Hopefully he will be renewed with the Browns and take it out on the stoolers when we see them.

He led the stoolers in special teams tackles last season, even with his job in jeopardy he took time off during training camp to attend to his fathers funeral.

My take is he never caught up when it was time to make final cuts.

Hopefully he will be renewed with the Browns and take it out on the stoolers when we see them.

I like him already if he chose his fathers funeral over his career.

Seems like a no brainer top me.

I hope he gets it back together emotionally, after loosing a parent it is always hard. Ive been there, that reminds me to take out the new flowers for dad.

I think this will be a positive move for us. Revenge is Good in Football ;)

He can join Hank Poteat on the, "Will not be on the 2010 Browns Roster"

You will always have guys like that on the roster, just as long as they serve their purpose. Whats nice is they are hungry and will fight like animals knowing that their Pro career is shortening day by day.

Madison is a great special teams player. The only reason he was cut is beucase we signed him to a $1.5 Million a year salary this past offseason and he couldn't make any other contributions besides special teams. We brought in plenty of young talent in the draft who could also help at their real positions and have a lot of potential. We couldn't afford a roster spot and that salary for a player you just contributed on special teams even though he was our single best special teams player. Although, don't count him out in your secondery. Ours is one of the best and has tremendous depth, and well, you know yours. Once he learns the system he will likely be your dime or even nickel back. He will be a positive force on the field and help give your staff information on the Steelers.

I also want to mention he is a class act. He would always sign autogrphs after trainng camp practices and attended most of our charitable events. He deserves a roster spot in the NFL, even if it has to be the Browns :lol: !

Madison is a great special teams player. The only reason he was cut is beucase we signed him to a $1.5 Million a year salary this past offseason and he couldn't make any other contributions besides special teams. We brought in plenty of young talent in the draft who could also help at their real positions and have a lot of potential. We couldn't afford a roster spot and that salary for a player you just contributed on special teams even though he was our single best special teams player. Although, don't count him out in your secondery. Ours is one of the best and has tremendous depth, and well, you know yours. Once he learns the system he will likely be your dime or even nickel back. He will be a positive force on the field and help give your staff information on the Steelers.

I also want to mention he is a class act. He would always sign autogrphs after trainng camp practices and attended most of our charitable events. He deserves a roster spot in the NFL, even if it has to be the Browns :lol: !

x2

Regards

....an'at

Thank you for the insight. Sounds like a solid pickup

They are just covering their asses just in case their season goes in the crapper, 1-1 to start and ponytail boy/girl polomoluu is out and their #1 RB is banged up also.

Watching some of the hi-lights the stoolers secondary looks weak.

Both of my parents are gone by 15 years, but they still remain as long as i am around...Eugene and Nancy, I love you.

I hear you! I just found out yesterday that my 29 year old daughter has an aggressive form of thyroid cancer. So your statement touches me even more.

I hear you! I just found out yesterday that my 29 year old daughter has an aggressive form of thyroid cancer. So your statement touches me even more.

Thanks for sharing this with us, I am sorry for your family and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I hope the doctors will be able to help.

Thanks for sharing this with us, I am sorry for your family and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I hope the doctors will be able to help.

Thanks, she is planning on getting treatment fast as possible. I will be flying to Arizona shortly, where she lives.

Guest 88fingerslewy
Thanks, she is planning on getting treatment fast as possible. I will be flying to Arizona shortly, where she lives.

Sorry to hear your news Dan. You can read a lot about a person by what they post and you always seem like a good guy. A good sense of humor too.

I'm sure you visit will be just what your daughter needs. God bless you brother

Dan, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope that everything turns out well.

If you are, by any chance, heading to Tucson and need anything at all, please let me know.

Guest TheJokersWILD

My sister was diagnosed with thyroid cancer 2 months ago and they have removed part of it. She is going to have to have the rest of it removed and she is going to have to be on medication for the rest of her life. Hang in there Dan.

Guest TheJokersWILD

Also Dan, I don't know what your daughter's situation is but I have heard that it is a common procedure to have the thyroid removed and relatively low risk. I hope it can be corrected by surgery.

Also Dan, I don't know what your daughter's situation is but I have heard that it is a common procedure to have the thyroid removed and relatively low risk. I hope it can be corrected by surgery.

Thanks,

Actually, she is probably going to tell them to remove it completely. They will do pathology on it right this and also check her lynth noids to make sure it's not spreading.

She is taking it in stride, it's me (and her mom) that are sweating it out.

Archived