THE BROWNS BOARD

Sick and tired of losing

blowe

I'll start by saying I was born in 1987. I don't remember too much of the original Cleveland Browns outside of what I saw my dad watching on TV, and I became a fan in 1995 after being crushed when the Indians lost the world series. So saying that I'm a fan of the expansion Browns would be accurate. I understand the history and I know the past. I know that what we have seen year in and year out on Sundays are NOT the Browns.

Here's what absolutely KILLS me...I can only remember 2 winning seasons with this team.

1987 10–5

1988 10-6

1989 9-6-1

1990 3–13

1991 6–10

1992 7–9

1993 7-9

1994 11-5

1995 5-11

1999 2-14

2000 3-13

2001 7-9

2002 9-7

2003 5-11

2004 4-12

2005 6-10

2006 4-12

2007 10-6

2008 4-12

2009 ????

I'm so xxxxing sick of cheering for a bunch of losers. I'm xxxxing sick of seeing this excuse of a team we put out on the field every Sunday. Let's face it, 2007 was a FLUKE! Braylon has shown us he isn't as good as he was that year, Jamal was in a contract year and ran his heart out (it was a contract year for him, right?), and DA was a new face in the league...not many teams stopped our offense that year. That little taste I had of a winning team has me so depressed with the Browns so far this year. Cutting Martin Rucker today (such a huge bust, xxxx you phil savage) just adds onto the problem.

I'm not going to stop cheering for the Browns until the day I die. I don't care if they lose every game they play, I will still watch the games on Sundays. I WANT WINS! I do not want to be able to count the number of winning seasons I've witnessed on one hand. I couldn't bring myself to watch this youtube video today on the "glory days" of the Cleveland Browns. It is just too damn depressing.

We are 2 games into a long season...I still hope that the Browns will take out their anger and frustrations this weekend and SMASH Baltiwhore in the teeth, but I will only truly believe it in my heart when I have seen it done consistently. But still as always, GO BROWNS! Always proud to be a fan of such a great organization no matter how piss poor its been lately.

EDIT:

Before you all flame me for being a pussy fan or whatever, I'm sorry for the tear fest :P I realize most people on this board are a little older than I am, but try going your whole life with a team you love and only witnessing 2 winning seasons. Who knows if its rougher than knowing the winning Browns and watching these turds, but either way it SUCKS.

EDIT EDIT:

Thank God it is almost basketball season! I don't know what I would do if the Cavs also sucked

We all share your pain. But a few things are obvious after two games, and one is that this team is missing some important pieces. We need more time and two more drafts to be competitive. The good news is, IMO we had an excellent draft this year and our players will develop into the future heart of this team.

We all share your pain. But a few things are obvious after two games, and one is that this team is missing some important pieces. We need more time and two more drafts to be competitive. The good news is, IMO we had an excellent draft this year and our players will develop into the future heart of this team.

An excellent draft?? We have a Center who starts and not much besides that. 1 of our 2 second round receivers haven't seen the field yet. James Davis looks like a beast, sure, but I'll reserve any predictions about him until I've seen him in some real game action. We got all hyped about our draft choices just like we do every year, but where did they go? The same place all of our other preseason studs go when the games count, nowhere.

This draft has great potential sure, but lets see what we think about it in a few years. It could very well be just another busted draft

Welcome to the heartbreak of a Browns fan young'un (and I mean NO offense with that comment).

I've been a fan long enough to vividly remember how close we came to the Super Bowl. Not once, but a number of times. I remember when almost every year was a playoff year. I remember when we beat the Steelers...

It's hard to endure but we do it because to cheer for another team (any other team) is just somehow fake. We bleed Brown and Orange.

We feel your pain.

Archived