THE BROWNS BOARD

Locker room MUTINY by week 4!

ChiefOrangeblood

In all seriousness....

You may have a point. We knew too damn well when things are going bad, players get a bad attitude, whining, and now twittering their frustrations.

However, we also know Mangini will be on top of this. Dude is fining players for stealing water like it was Dom Perignon! I don't know who it was, but you know they're pissed because there goes all their "make it rain" at the club money.

Our issues are not secret. Mangini is aware of Cleveland and the crap that commonly goes on around here. And a lot of that crap takes place because we're not wining.

I don't expect Mangini to be blindsided by any locker room issues. Someone gets out of line and they'll be calling Shaun Smith for references.

I doubt anybody gets punched because BQ isn't the QB in wait who had some room to dish the lip service. Now he is the starter who isn't looking all that hot. He isn't going to be dishing out many barbs.

Management may want to give Quinn all year to "blossom", but I doubt our other players will be so patient. This is a contract year for Braylon, and Quinn is going to cost him millions of $s at this rate. These guys are working too hard to sit by while Brady Quinn stinks it up. Throw Lerner overboard!

Unless a new CBA is agreed to before next year, Edwards isn't in a contract year anymore. In 2010 if there isn't a new CBA in place, 1) free agency will require six years of service (instead of four years in 2010 and five years in 2011); 2) teams will have three tags to use to restrict free agents instead of one tag, as they do now

I doubt anybody gets punched because BQ isn't the QB in wait who had some room to dish the lip service. Now he is the starter who isn't looking all that hot. He isn't going to be dishing out many barbs.

Or it could be cuz Shauna Smith ain't around.

Just an idea.

If anyone needs punched it's John St. Clair and Floyd Womack, followed by the rest of the OL.. Then they need to start punching out the defensive players.. Quinn should be somewhere in the bottom third of this list.. I have seen a TEAM meltdown, not the meltdown of ONE PLAYER....

If only ONE player played poorly the first two weeks.. we probably would be 2-0 right now.........

As for a locker room revolt... I don't see it..

Guest TheJokersWILD

With all this talk about punching, maybe they should start a schedule for daily punching for all the players who screw up. St. Clair in locker room "Sorry guys I can't go out to lunch today, I am scheduled in Coach Mangini's office for my daily punching session"

Guest TheJokersWILD

Or maybe instead of having the players run laps, they can have Mike Tyson punch the players when they screw up. Mangini "Another drop Braylon? GO SEE MIKE NOW!"

Or it could be cuz Shauna Smith ain't around.

Just an idea.

Sure it could be that......just as it could be what I said.

Come Riff...do you think Smith just walked in to the locker room and decided to punch Quinn in the mouth?? Do you think he went in there and decided to punch the first person he saw in the mouth??

Be honest with me here....

I understand Smith was a goof, not very smart, and fairly unstable, but something was said that crossed a line....and it had to be a pretty good cross, because Smith wasn't totally stupid. He had to know punching the golden boy wasn't going to play well with the coach, owner, media, or fans.

I also think it was a gap in communication that had been building for some time. I don't think this just erupted in to a punch in the kisser right off the bat.

That said....I am glad the guy is gone.

On the flip-side: After the 1st 2 weeks, who on our team has room to dish lip service? Shaun Rogers? maybe - and at this point probably more that he's pushing 4 bills and not because he's pushing 3 O-linemen like we are used to.

On the flip-side: After the 1st 2 weeks, who on our team has room to dish lip service? Shaun Rogers? maybe - and at this point probably more that he's pushing 4 bills and not because he's pushing 3 O-linemen like we are used to.

That too. :)

Archived