THE BROWNS BOARD

Jamal lewis

Legacy Fan

If lewis cant play at least we will get a good look at harrison if he doesnt get hurt in the first drive that is....:(

If lewis cant play I have a feeling it will be even more dinky and dunky

Guest ATENEARS
I dont want to sound like an ass, but I think this may be a good thing and I hope it means Lewis is out for Sunday. I always want to see more of Davis and Harrison.

I gotta agree. Not that I want to see Davis and Harrison in particular, but we should have moved on without this guy this season, and should be looking at our future back by now.

addition by subtracting tip-toes.

Harrison has yet to have a game where he got more than 10 carries, I think we might finally get to see this kid with a bulk of carries now.....

In theory. Until baltiwhore crashes the game plan by completely dominating against the run and forcing us back into dink / dunk all day.

If JL is dinged, who is 100%?

Is jennings still on the practice squad?

Any less of a running game than we've had will mean the probability of a shutout is increased.

At this point, JL is the only threat we have at RB. No one else on our roster has done anything yet due to injury or lack of use.

Guest ATENEARS
Blitz pickup will be seriously compromised I'd wager.

Let's not forget Vickers, and along that line; back in the day we use to use the fullback to get the short yardage needed. Pound the big guy early and often then hit'em with a darting Davis and home Run hitting Harrison.

Vickers can catch too. Keep the defense honest.

Let's not forget Vickers, and along that line; back in the day we use to use the fullback to get the short yardage needed. Pound the big guy early and often then hit'em with a darting Davis and home Run hitting Harrison.

You must think its X-Mas, Davis hasn't shown anything since preseason and Harrison since 08'. Maybe Vickers can emerge from his doldrums.

Lewis will play,

This defense will eat us alive unless we get it together,a viable screen pass is needed and long overdue.

At some point this Sunday Quinn has to say fuk it and let it go.

When is the last time we actually ran a screen pass? We used them a lot in preseason then that play seemed to just disappear. :angry:

You must think its X-Mas, Davis hasn't shown anything since preseason and Harrison since 08'. Maybe Vickers can emerge from his doldrums.

Hammer, What is your problem with Davis and Harrison? We are 2 games into the season and your bashing a rookie backup for not showing anything since preseason and you're bashing Harrison for not showing anything since LAST season? Davis played very sparingly in week 1 and injured himself enough to not even be active for week 2. Harrison was injured for week 1 and most of the preseason and didn't get much of a shot in week 2 either. Can't they at least get a shot at showing something before you start bashing them? Remember, Davis is a rookie listed as 3rd string and Harrison hasn't really played at all since '08...that was just last year. Give them a chance to show something!

Guest ATENEARS
Anyone know if Womack is on the injury report? He left the Denver game with an ankle injury and was replaced by Fraley

BrownIndain posted this in another thread:

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—Cleveland Browns running back Jamal Lewis(notes) did not practice Wednesday because of a hamstring injury, leaving his status for Sunday’s game at Baltimore in question.

Lewis, who has rushed for 95 yards through two games, showed no signs of injury during a 27-6 loss on Sunday in Denver. He finished with 38 yards on 14 carries.

The Browns did not provide any specifics on Lewis’ injury, but listed him as “did not participate in practice” along with guards Rex Hadnot(notes) (knee) and Floyd Womack(notes) (ankle).

Lewis was listed as probable on the injury report with a neck injury last week after suffering a stinger in the season-opening loss to Minnesota.

The Browns (0-2) badly need Lewis this week. They’ll be facing Baltimore’s top-ranked run defense, which is yielding just 41 yards per game. If Lewis can’t go, rookie James Davis and Jerome Harrison(notes) are likely to share playing time.

Lewis, one of only 24 running backs in NFL history to top 10,000 yards, played for the Ravens from 2000-06 before signing with the Browns as a free agent.

LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

Personally, I'm less scared of a "dominating" Baltiwhore D than I am of our own pure ineptitude. They've lost/are missing a shitload of cogs from past Balt defenses (McAllister, Rolle, Scott, A Thomas) and are now Rex Ryan-less. This team can be scored upon. Evidence? Week one they gave up 24 to the Chiefs (minus Cassel) and in week two they gave up 26 to the Chargers (minus Tomlinson).

The optomist view, I like it.

Hammer, What is your problem with Davis and Harrison? We are 2 games into the season and your bashing a rookie backup for not showing anything since preseason and you're bashing Harrison for not showing anything since LAST season? Davis played very sparingly in week 1 and injured himself enough to not even be active for week 2. Harrison was injured for week 1 and most of the preseason and didn't get much of a shot in week 2 either. Can't they at least get a shot at showing something before you start bashing them? Remember, Davis is a rookie listed as 3rd string and Harrison hasn't really played at all since '08...that was just last year. Give them a chance to show something!

No, No, No, don't interprut my statement as bashing. This thread is basically indicating that all our backs are nicked up or recovering from being nicked. I'm concerned that they are playing hurt and were assuming there good to go. Beleive me, we need Davis and Harrison to return to there better days. Without decent rb's were hurting bigtime, as the lack of a running game has hampered us in our quest for win #1.

That would assume we have a screen play in the playbook.

Lewis will play,

This defense will eat us alive unless we get it together,a viable screen pass is needed and long overdue.

If Baltimore is as aggressive this year as they were with Ryan, we will see at least 5 screens this week. I think the reason we haven't seen screens is because teams have just been squatting 5 yards from the line of scrimmage and waiting for the RB or TE to catch it and then politely smashing them, as soon as the ball gets there.

No, No, No, don't interprut my statement as bashing. This thread is basically indicating that all our backs are nicked up or recovering from being nicked. I'm concerned that they are playing hurt and were assuming there good to go. Beleive me, we need Davis and Harrison to return to there better days. Without decent rb's were hurting bigtime, as the lack of a running game has hampered us in our quest for win #1.

Wait? Davis and Harrison had better days? WHERE THE HELL WAS I?!

I'm getting impatient watching a QB that looks like he needs binoculars installed inside his helmet. The near-sighted passing game is getting just as aggravating as watching DA's hollowdome throwing TDs passes to the opponent. 1 more half of nothing and I'm very ready to welcome Ratliff going Brian Sipe on someone. I'm getting tired of seeing bad QBing that requires old and new testaments of excuses. From now on folks, if we don't win forget the spin.

All I know is when we've seen GOOD QBs here, I noticed the following:

1) Cleveland won consistently

2) Our team made the playoffs

3) Our oline was good

4) Our running game was good

5) Our WRs were good

6) Our defense was good

7) Nobody wanted the OC fired

8) Nobody wanted the Head Coach fired

9) Nobody wanted to see our other QBs in the game

10) We beat Pittsburgh at least once a season

BTW, if we win this week - you didn't read ANY of that!

As you were,

- Tom F.

Archived