THE BROWNS BOARD

McDonald vs Wright

mopaji

Eric Wright. He looks the part. He's fast and atheletic. He wears the right facemask for a CB; the right number. He rarely gets beat deep. He even dances like Dieon when he scores. But, he gets picked apart all day long. Everytime a guy catches a ball wide - open, I see Eric Wright rushing back into the screen to tap him down after a safety or LB brings the guy down. Then, he claps his hands together and walks away. This happens time after time during every game.

Then there is McDonald. A guy who has caught a lot of heat from the fans and the media ever since the Denver game of last year when the guy he was covering (he was covered by the way) caught a perfectly laid pass over his head. I believe he is the better CB of the two for sure. Teams hardly ever throw it to his side. When they do, it has to be a perfectly thrown ball and the WR has to make a good catch for it to be succesful. But still, his guy is kept in check the entire game. Plus, he makes tackles! When I do see a completion to the left side of the field I think "awwe shucks B-Mac" and then I look, and it's Eric Wright on that side now! It never fails.

So, which CB do you think is better and why? I personally believe it's B-Mac but I may be in the minority here.

ANy time you see a CB nowhere near the receiver, most of the time it's just a flawed play that was called and a WR found a seam in the zone.

They are both fine. The problem is nickel (Hank Poteat more specifically) and depth and consistency from the safeties.

Eric Wright. He looks the part. He's fast and atheletic. He wears the right facemask for a CB; the right number. He rarely gets beat deep. He even dances like Dieon when he scores. But, he gets picked apart all day long. Everytime a guy catches a ball wide - open, I see Eric Wright rushing back into the screen to tap him down after a safety or LB brings the guy down. Then, he claps his hands together and walks away. This happens time after time during every game.

Then there is McDonald. A guy who has caught a lot of heat from the fans and the media ever since the Denver game of last year when the guy he was covering (he was covered by the way) caught a perfectly laid pass over his head. I believe he is the better CB of the two for sure. Teams hardly ever throw it to his side. When they do, it has to be a perfectly thrown ball and the WR has to make a good catch for it to be succesful. But still, his guy is kept in check the entire game. Plus, he makes tackles! When I do see a completion to the left side of the field I think "awwe shucks B-Mac" and then I look, and it's Eric Wright on that side now! It never fails.

So, which CB do you think is better and why? I personally believe it's B-Mac but I may be in the minority here.

I think that Eric Wright is better today.... But B-Mac has the potential to be better.

BTW did you just say "shucks" in one of your posts?

I don't think either guy is a liability. I think they are both very good young corners. Last time I checked the guys on the other side of the ball were pretty good athletes too. Catches will be made. Touchdowns will be scored. From what I see...these guys are pretty good and can hold down those spots for a number of years. As for what is behind them... Well..that was not your question.

I prefer B-Mac

He may be a liability in the deep game, but if he has safety help, he's fine. He's waaaaaay more aggressive than Eric Wright, he tackles way better and he is GREAT on the CB blitz. He makes some TFl's occasionally on backs much bigger than. Last but definitely not least, he is a BALL HAWK. He is great in Zone coverage and plays very smart.

Eric Wright makes me mad, even though he has electrifying speed, he gives every WR a ten yard cushion and he is a shitty tackler, but he is the better corner to stop the deep ball

Archived