THE BROWNS BOARD

Harrison to start?

car ramrod

Whats funny is JL is the only guy on O that has shown ANY heart or desire on the field the first 2 games. He has rushed 25 times for 95 yards, and knocked himself silly by finishing off a run. I'm not a huge JL fan either, but damn guys, careful what you wish for, you just may get it...........................You know, just like Quinn at QB.

If Harrison starts we will find out just how tough he is

I agree. Baltimore will hit him hard. We cant expect to much considering the Ravens havent gave up a 100 yard rusher in the past 50 years or so (seriously like 37 games or something like that)

But we can tell if he has the potential to be our back or at least a great contributor.

Whats funny is JL is the only guy on O that has shown ANY heart or desire on the field the first 2 games. He has rushed 25 times for 95 yards, and knocked himself silly by finishing off a run. I'm not a huge JL fan either, but damn guys, careful what you wish for, you just may get it...........................You know, just like Quinn at QB.

Didn't I already destroy your previous premise?

'Don't wish for the other guy, just go with the suck you have rather than looking for something better'.

And remain a perennial basement dweller? No thanks.

Get what you wish for???? Its not like Lewis is Adrain Peterson or LT or Chris Johnson or M. Turner or Jones Drew or R. Grant or M. Forte or D. Williams or R. Brown or B. Westbrook or I think you get the point by now.............

Or...this could be Mangini's way of messing with the Baltimore DC's and how they game plan. It's not like he hasn't done that before.

Jamal could be ready to play on Sunday.

I'd like to see more of Harrison and a few others...more options with RB and the defense may have a harder time choosing who to block every damn play.

Or...this could be Mangini's way of messing with the Baltimore DC's and how they game plan. It's not like he hasn't done that before.

I'd like to see more of Harrison and a few others...more options with RB and the defense may have a harder time choosing who to block every damn play.

I was thinking that too. But preparing for a RB is far different than a QB but Mangini will use every advantage he can get and we need it.

I agree. Baltimore will hit him hard. We cant expect to much considering the Ravens havent gave up a 100 yard rusher in the past 50 years or so (seriously like 37 games or something like that)

But we can tell if he has the potential to be our back or at least a great contributor.

The giants had 207 rushing yards vs the ravens last season, they just split it between bradshaw and jacobs.

Jacobs had 60 yards rushing with a 6.6 yard average and only had 11 carries.

Bradshaw had 96 yards rushing on 9 carries for 10.7 yard average.

Incase you're wondering, thats only 20 carries, less than most feature backs get in one game.

That baltimore rushing stat is very misleading and will fall several times this season.

The giants had 207 rushing yards vs the ravens last season, they just split it between 3 guys.

That stat is kinda misleading.

For sure, but we are talking about an individual named J. Harrison.

Besides none of our backs are better than any of those 3 last year. Oh and just for shits and giggles..... Our O-Line is really going to help Harrison have a successful day.

I like Lewis, he always shows up to play and plays with heart. You know he has to be frustrated with this mess. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing Harrison bc he never really got a chance to show what he's got under the bumbling RC regime. If he breaks off a 30+ yard run, you can bet we'll be seeing more of him. However, this is the browns so I fully expect 15 or so up-the-gut two yard runs and one sweep that goes for 12 yards and we bizarrely stay between the tackles after our obligatory 1 play to the outside offensive running scheme.

BE did catch some nice throws and .... ahem ... we are facing the no 1 rush defense. do the math (hyundai style)

We are currently ranked 28th in the NFL in passing and 27th rushing. Honestly, its like choosing between a stick and a rock when you are fighting a tank. Either way you still get rolled over.

unless we plan to get a Jeep 4x4 or a Dodge Ram as our RB i say we stick to the passing game.

Unless we trade our Offense for N.O offense then we would lose every game this year if we did that. The only way we have a chance is to keep it close (by eating up clock... Hint- running game) until the 4th quarter, get some turnovers,convert 3rd downs and then maybe it falls our way.

Lewis has sat out all 3 practices this week per several sources.

And given recent *ahem* events, I don't see Mangini fudging injury reports for a while.

Granted, I am excited to see Jerome carry the load for the day.

There were conflicting reports today from the 2 AM stations. T.A.M (Knott) said that Davis should be getting the bulk of the carries if JL indeed can't go....K.N.R said that it would be Harrison. Obviously we'll see a bunch of both if JL can't go but it will be interesting to see who starts.

Wrong guy, my apologies. I was thinking of 82Ozzie82. You DA leghumpers all start to blend together after a while.

No worries! And just for the record, I'm the guy that consistently says that neither QB will be on our roster for the start of the 2011 season...........Far from a DAleghumper!!

Lewis has sat out all 3 practices this week per several sources.

And given recent *ahem* events, I don't see Mangini fudging injury reports for a while.

Granted, I am excited to see Jerome carry the load for the day.

He's fun to watch but he isn't very productive at all. Plus, he's fragile. Jerome will get injured. I like the guy, but he will get hurt. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few injuries this week.

BE is 6'3" , the new guy Estanda is another 6'8" and Mo Mass @ 6' 2" and i like their chances against the 6 feet secondaries of the ravens as opposed to our RB Vs their rush defense.

Exactly we have some of the tallest WR's/TE's in the league and all of these guys can jump! Brady just play Bball allyoop to our big guys. Its somethin DA does well with BE.

Archived