THE BROWNS BOARD

Keys to Killing Rats & Ruffling Feathers at the Birdcage

Flugel

1) Don't bring excuses to Baltimore - bring testosterone, brain cells, effort and execution.

2) We're not going to OVERPOWER Baltimore when we have the ball so get SPEED involved and keep it involved.

3) Turnovers will kill us (ie: Flacco outperformed Kris Kringle last year in this early matchup) - so ball security needed.

4) QB - see the WHOLE field and be accurate like you're paid to do. If not, get Ratliff warmed up for half 2.

5) Penalites - do NOT false start or hold on first down. Also be smart and disciplined.

6) Speaking of first downs and struggling pass protections, use more screen passes to keep up guessing on D.

7) Defense - get OFF the field. Know your keys, tackle better and be in position to make the play.

8) STs. It's always been a 3rd of the game. In 2007, it sure seemed like we led the NFL in best starting field position.

9) How bout a little scoring eh? This looks too much like last year's start when we only had 16 pts after 2 weeks.

10) Sack the QB.

- Tom F. (Your buddy Flugel has his game face on again)

4) QB - see the WHOLE field and be accurate like you're paid to do. If not, get

Ratliff warmed up for half 2.

Ratliff?This is one funny post

Do you got a better idea based on last year's meetings with Baltimore? Oh wait, I didn't see one. There's a surprise...

I'm sure Baltimore's defense will miss his generosity.

Here's DA in both matchups of 2008:

Week 3: 14 of 37 = 125 yds 1 TD 3 INTs 37.8 cmp% 22.9 rating - Browns lost 28-10

Worth noting: Ed Reed scored on a 32 yard INT return

Week 9: 17 of 33 = 219 yds 2 TDs 1 INT 51.5 cmp% 80.2 rating - Browns lost 37-27

Worth noting: T Suggs scored on a 42 yard INT return & Cribbs returned a kickoff 92 yards for a TD

- Tom F.

Do you got a better idea based on last year's meetings with Baltimore? Oh wait, I didn't see one. There's a surprise...

Week 3: 14 of 37 = 125 yds 1 TD 3 INTs 37.8 cmp% 22.9 rating - Browns lost 28-10

Week 9: 17 of 33 = 219 yds 2 TDs 1 INT 51.5 cmp% 80.2 rating - Browns lost 37-27

Worth noting: T Suggs scored on a 42 yard INT return & Cribbs returned a kickoff 92 yards for a TD

- Tom F.

To quote Alendor, Ed Reed is DA's favorite target.

Unfortunately i think manguini and dabelly have no plans on doing anything different in their lame brained scheme they keep talking about better excecution when in fact opposing defenses already know what we are doing and give us nothing but dumps and check offs on top of most defenses being overmatched against our slow weak skill positions...baltimores weak CBs are better than good enough to matchup against our inferior WRs even in man coverage...

Ratbirds 38

Browns 3

- Tom F.

You didn't see one smartguy because your ideas are ALWAYS right....I don't pimp DA...but I try to stay in touch with reality..a state of mind,judging from your post, that you only have a nodding acquaintance with.

As a Ravens fan, I agree with most of the things the OP is saying. I will add a few:

1) Balance. Use Jamal and the running game to open up the passing game. The Ravens' DBs are not as bad as they looked against SD last week, but if CLE can establish a decent running attack, and begin to run play action and misdirections, our corners will bite.

2) No huddle offense, screens, and slants. Quinn will need to get rid of the ball very quickly. The Ravens' D gets tired against the no-huddle (ask the Steelgirls)

3) Keep Flacco off the field. If you can control TOP, you have a better shot of keeping the game close.

4) Clone Cribbs. The Ravens can't seem to stop this guy. Hopefully, our ST coach (Rosburg, you may remember him) has figured out to kick it away from Cribbsy. I realize he hasn't been a great WR for you all, but I could see him being effective if used in screens.

5) Be unpredictable. Try trick plays. Do anything to throw our D off. If we know what's coming, you're done.

Anyway, hope to see a good game tomorrow, I will be in the stands at the Birdcage.

Archived