THE BROWNS BOARD

Cedric Peerman CUT

.mz

Damn.

Hopefully, they'll move him back onto the 53 when Dawson's healthy. Or at least place him on the p-squad.

That said, I could easily forget about Peerman if the Browns draft this guy:

I was impressed with how he carried the load today against Cincinnati. He looked a little tired towards the end of the game, but Pat Hill's plan clearly was to overwork him. Fresno State had to control the time of possession to make sure Pike & Gilyard didn't blow them out.

As a result, Mathews carried the ball 38 times for 145 yard and a TD. He also had 32 yards receiving on two designed screen plays, on which he showed soft hands (one of the passes was tipped) and impressive wiggle ability.

nfldraftscout has Mathews projected as a late 3rd/early 4th round pick. I think he'll go higher than that.

I would like to see manfooli quit cutting lesser talent and replacing it with no talent as for cundiff another shitty mangoofy choice..i can think of 3 available kickers all better than xxxxoff..if we cant find the endzone which no doubt we wont i have to revise my score from rats 38-3 to rats 38-0...:(

We now have only one serious threat and since mangini in his over conservatism has obviously told sealy to tell cribbs not to run it out of the endzone unless he sees a gapping hole develop and at least 5 ST defenders laying on their backs reducing our chance of a big runback...

Forgive me if i sound hard on this regime but they tell us nothing and they show us nothing and they seem dedicated to an offense that is just boring ,bland and stupid i like ryans defense but this uncreative one size fits all offense with less than needed talent to run it leaves much to be desired...

Damn.

Hopefully, they'll move him back onto the 53 when Dawson's healthy. Or at least place him on the p-squad.

I was impressed with how he carried the load today against Cincinnati. He looked a little tired towards the end of the game, but Pat Hill's plan clearly was to overwork him. Fresno State had to control the time of possession to make sure Pike & Gilyard didn't blow them out.

As a result, Mathews carried the ball 38 times for 145 yard and a TD. He also had 32 yards receiving on two designed screen plays, on which he showed soft hands (one of the passes was tipped) and impressive wiggle ability.

nfldraftscout has Mathews projected as a late 3rd/early 4th round pick. I think he'll go higher than that.

Crap. Cut him for a 2nd rate kicker. Practice squad would be a nice landing spot.

Not really sure how you cut a guy when you're starter is out and the two backups have been banged up and missed time already. Doesn't make sense. Mangie is taking roster spots for skill positions for straight up special teams players. I'm not a big fan of that, and so far the unit has been less than special.

i can think of 3 available kickers all better than xxxxoff..

Yeah but you just planted a great nickname on him if he screws up. Great for post game rants.

I wish C*ntoff had kicked too low against the Raiders instead of Dawson.

Zombo

Not really sure how you cut a guy when you're starter is out and the two backups have been banged up and missed time already. Doesn't make sense. Mangie is taking roster spots for skill positions for straight up special teams players. I'm not a big fan of that, and so far the unit has been less than special.

Unfortunately, we can't start hacksawing other positions now that we had to sign Billy Cundiff. That's just our luck - we're carrying 2 kickers and a 250 pound long snapper that can't do anything but long snap. I used to move from starting OG to long snapper everytime it was 4th down. At some point, we're gonna have to reconsider Pontbriand's value. I KNOW he does a great job of long snapping; but college football has COUNTLESS guys that can do this and do it well where these guys can offer more dual-purpose value for teams struggling to find enough talent on their depth charts.

I trust Alo's expertise with Peerman. I'm guessing we'll be able to get Peerman back once Dawson gets healthy again. If not, maybe Kory Sheets is still out there.

Speaking of which, we NEED Alo back here. He was our version of Todd McShay and Mel Kiper. That's invaluable over the 8 months of offseason, which is two-thirds of the year. There's times of the year where we lose alot of board members - and BELIEVE me it's somebody like Alo that's keeps us coming back.

- Tom F.

Unfortunately, we can't start hacksawing other positions now that we had to sign Billy Cundiff. That's just our luck - we're carrying 2 kickers and a 250 pound long snapper that can't do anything but long snap. I used move from starting OG to long snapper everytime it was 4th down. At some point, we're gonna have to reconsider Pontbriand's value. I KNOW he does a great job of long snapping but collge football has COUNTLESS guys that can do this and do it well where these guys can offer more dual-purpose value for teams struggling to find enough talent on their depth charts.

I trust Alo's expertise with Peerman. I'm guessing we'll be able to get Peerman back once Dawson gets healthy aagin. If not, maybe Kory Sheets is still out there.

Speaking of which, we NEED Alo back here. He was our version of Todd McShay and Mel Kiper. That's invaluable the over the 8 months of offseason, which is two-thirds of the year. There's times of the year where we lose alot of board members - and BELIEVE me it's somebody like Alo that's keeps us coming back.

- Tom F.

Word. Alo is our most valuable poster IMO and I'm sure many others.

Good guy too.

Damn.

Welcome back, Alo! Glad to see you rejoined the hijinks!

Archived