THE BROWNS BOARD

WTF!!! R U F'ing kidding me!?

SoCalDog

Quinn is the Future , You gotta let him sink or swim !!! At the very least to find out if your Drafting a QB after THIS Season. How is he gonna develop under that kind of Quick Hook ? Mangini ... Blew this big time.

Exactly. Not to mention what it does for the "TEAM" concept that Mangini is trying to get everyone to buy into. "Fellas, just keep at it my way, and the wins will come. Oh wait, let me change my way here for 2 quarters."

I was on board with the hardass routine, but Mangini yanked the wrong guy on Offense. Brian Daboll should have had to catch a greyhound home from Baltimore. What a effing joke that guy is.

Exactly. Not to mention what it does for the "TEAM" concept that Mangini is trying to get everyone to buy into. "Fellas, just keep at it my way, and the wins will come. Oh wait, let me change my way here for 2 quarters."

I was on board with the hardass routine, but Mangini yanked the wrong guy on Offense. Brian Daboll should have had to catch a greyhound home from Baltimore. What a effing joke that guy is.

100% dead on. Dabol is the head who needs to be rolled.

Again, I ask.... Quinn was 6-8 (yes, with a bad pick), but he completed virtually everything else that Daboll called for him to throw. He wasn't 2-8 or 1-8 or awful #s like that. He completed 6 of his 8 attempts. Don't blame him (alone) for not moving the chains, blame the offense and Daboll. He called the plays in... you know run on first, run on 2nd and shotgun on 3rd. Yep, you know the routine.

And now guys on here are saying Quinn was "horrible"? 6-8 is horrible? WTF??

Then what the hell is 11-19 and THREE INTs? Mangini just threw our QB under the bus for his own ineptitude as a HC.

and guys on here think DA is the answer? :lol:

Again, I ask.... Quinn was 6-8 (yes, with a bad pick), but he completed virtually everything else that Daboll called for him to throw. He wasn't 2-8 or 1-8 or awful #s like that. He completed 6 of his 8 attempts. Don't blame him (alone) for not moving the chains, blame the offense and Daboll. He called the plays in... you know run on first, run on 2nd and shotgun on 3rd. Yep, you know the routine.

Then what the hell is 11-19 and THREE INTs? Mangini just threw our QB under the bus for his own ineptitude as a HC.

and guys on here think DA is the answer? :lol:

75% completions. Yes, it was short yardage, but this wasn't the check-down stuff, these were designed screens, etc. One of his incompletions was a throw away over the heads of double coverage.

I still think he needs to take the bull by the horns.

I am convinced more than ever Dabol is not the guy.

Lastly, I can't believe DA was that spot-on himself. Lums was licking his chops and he comes in and equals Quinn's INT total for the season in a few short possessions. He is what he is.

Sounds like you and Ocon think Quinn was tearing it up today.

Daboll didn't tell him to dump it to Harrison in the backfield on every pass play.

It's almost unheard of to complete more than 60% of your passes and somehow average around only 5 yards per attempt. But Quinn does it regularly. So did Charlie Frye.

seriously, i'm not supporting DA's game today but you have to take what he did into context. it's ridiculous the favoritism that's shown BQ around here. "the back-up should always be ready" etc etc. garbage. DA tried to put up points against a premier D and they got what was coming to them. in fact, it's very possible they called those plays to appease us, the fans. we can be so fukking fickle sometimes.

i responded quickly to this thread initially and admit i exaggerated a little just poking fun. after three pages of threads with only a post or two on each i thought this one would just be another one that gets passed right on over.

yes he was 6-8, yes he had some 1st downs...but without looking, how many yards did he have? cuz it felt like about 30. my post wasn't literal, it was to demonstrate who cares if he went 19 for 20>>>if he never even crosses mid-field it means absolutely nothing. he wasn't moving the team. at all. not even into field goal range, so put all the lipstick you want on that ugly ass pig Ocon and Socal, it was effing atrocious.

"but oh, his fragile psyche"....

if he can't bounce back from that--i want him even less!!

i want a QB with a short memory.

one that being benched like that will actually make him BETTER, not impair him moving forward.

a pro making millions should not need coddled or spoon fed.

no doubt it will drive him. shatter his confidence? huh? when i wrestled and got my ass handed to me do you think getting beat made me a little bitch who wanted to go hide in the corner? NOO!!! it empowered me, fueled me!! i was only as strong as the worst thing i had endured. it's called adversity, and it makes boys men and grows hair on your nuts (chest for you fuddies). it wasn't my decision to bench him, i wasn't necessarily supporting the decision by my post, just explaining why i felt it was done.

and there are some talking about why should we care if he makes those bonuses?!? ummm because one overpriced salary can hijack the entire franchise, maybe? especially if he's a chameleon. we're talking about a LOT of money involved. for a guy that looked like Dorsey out there today.

if Quinn is half the QB some of you claim he is he'll be back for more next sunday with bells on. maybe Mangini can finesse it nicely and tell him it was just for a temporary spark and hopefully his ego isn't bruised beyond repair like some of you seem to fear. in fact, it was YOUR expectations of him that thrust all the pressure on him to begin with. personally i expected very little of him. i criticized his accuracy and release and never bought into all the hype. if he can somehow overcome those flaws with his ability to dissect defenses with that "superior wonderlick mind", his amazing "command of the huddle", "field general-ship", "pocket presence", and "elite mobility" then great...but i doubt it will be enough of an edge since he still has to throw the ball on occasion. but i still hold out hope. i want him to prove me wrong. trust me, i'd LOVE to have a QB that sells a ton of jerseys and teenage girls swoon over. it would be great.

i mean, purgatory is a blast and all, but progress certainly has merit too.

--end rant.

(no disrespect to Ocon or Socal, you just happen to be the ones that come to mind)

seriously, i'm not supporting DA's game today but you have to take what he did into context. it's ridiculous the favoritism that's shown BQ around here. "the back-up should always be ready" etc etc. garbage. DA tried to put up points against a premier D and they got what was coming to them. in fact, it's very possible they called those plays to appease us, the fans. we can be so fukking fickle sometimes.

i responded quickly to this thread initially and admit i exaggerated a little just poking fun. after three pages of threads with only a post or two on each i thought this one would just be another one that gets passed right on over.

yes he was 6-8, yes he had some 1st downs...but without looking, how many yards did he have? cuz it felt like about 30. my post wasn't literal, it was to demonstrate who cares if he went 19 for 20>>>if he never even crosses mid-field it means absolutely nothing. he wasn't moving the team. at all. not even into field goal range, so put all the lipstick you want on that ugly ass pig Ocon and Socal, it was effing atrocious.

"but oh, his fragile psyche"....

if he can't bounce back from that--i want him even less!!

i want a QB with a short memory.

one that being benched like that will actually make him BETTER, not impair him moving forward.

a pro making millions should not need coddled or spoon fed.

no doubt it will drive him. shatter his confidence? huh? when i wrestled and got my ass handed to me do you think getting beat made me a little bitch who wanted to go hide in the corner? NOO!!! it empowered me, fueled me!! i was only as strong as the worst thing i had endured. it's called adversity, and it makes boys men and grows hair on your nuts (chest for you fuddies). it wasn't my decision to bench him, i wasn't necessarily supporting the decision by my post, just explaining why i felt it was done.

and there are some talking about why should we care if he makes those bonuses?!? ummm because one overpriced salary can hijack the entire franchise, maybe? especially if he's a chameleon. we're talking about a LOT of money involved. for a guy that looked like Dorsey out there today.

if Quinn is half the QB some of you claim he is he'll be back for more next sunday with bells on. maybe Mangini can finesse it nicely and tell him it was just for a temporary spark and hopefully his ego isn't bruised beyond repair like some of you seem to fear. in fact, it was YOUR expectations of him that thrust all the pressure on him to begin with. personally i expected very little of him. i criticized his accuracy and release and never bought into all the hype. if he can somehow overcome those flaws with his ability to dissect defenses with that "superior wonderlick mind", his amazing "command of the huddle", "field general-ship", "pocket presence", and "elite mobility" then great...but i doubt it will be enough of an edge since he still has to throw the ball on occasion. but i still hold out hope. i want him to prove me wrong. trust me, i'd LOVE to have a QB that sells a ton of jerseys and teenage girls swoon over. it would be great.

i mean, purgatory is a blast and all, but progress certainly has merit too.

--end rant.

(no disrespect to Ocon or Socal, you just happen to be the ones that come to mind)

So much written and not one good point. Move on.

...(no disrespect to Ocon or Socal, you just happen to be the ones that come to mind)

No biggie as both sides have merit. I'm not saying Quinn tore it up at all (Lum). I just had the impression he couldn't find his ass with his own two hands before I watched for myself.

He was not good, but he wasn't as pull worthy as I thought he'd be. Another half of fruitless drives and punts with Quinn would have been just as upsetting as DA's 3 INT/QB rating=30 performance.

I'm thinking if DA takes over and continues to be himself (great once or twice a season and bad the rest of the time), then we'll look back and wonder if 2.5 games for Quinn was really giving him a fair shot. At this point in '07, DA had won the Cinci game where he put a 50 spot on the board, which rightfully bought him time. Quinn hasn't had even a solid perdoamce this year.

Now we have a big mess. It is what it is I guess. Just not good

would any of our QB's now have any confidence left ?

Incase anyone didn't notice, Tampa Bay didn't get their first down until 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter yesterday.

We are not the worst team in the league afterall.

what in the world 2.5 games? really so last year his 3 starts did not count either.... so lets say he has had 2.5 from last year also... that would be 5 games total really its 6 but the EXACT same trends from his last years game once the short pass was taken away happened this year also...

what in the world 2.5 games? really so last year his 3 starts did not count either.... so lets say he has had 2.5 from last year also... that would be 5 games total really its 6 but the EXACT same trends from his last years game once the short pass was taken away happened this year also...

And Anderson has had 27 games and shows the EXACT same tendencies after 27 starts. Yet he somehow 'deserves' more time.

And here you are making yet another set of excuses for him.

3 interceptions in 1 HALF of football. 'Not getting snaps' wasn't an excuse for Quinn, suddenly it is for Anderson.

Hey, we're just holding you to your own standards of 'non-bias'.

lem, seriously...... BQ has not even showed a glimmer of anything since the dink and dunk versus a terrible denver offense. The defenses made one adjustment and he was done.

DA..... there is no defending his tendancies to throw a bomb into double or triple coverage..... however like in the Giants game or Cinci game (the good one) he has shown glimmers of good play.

I dont think Quinn should have been yanked yesterday, however I dont think Mangini was willing to throw away the season by watching NO offense from quinn.

I am biased against quinn, You know that I have always thought he was media hype and not substance. Face it our defense has collapsed the same way(IMHO) its from EXHAUSTION... the offense cant sustain a drive to stay on the field. This is the NFL teams are going to score points unless you have a unbelievable defense.

Anderson Sucked yesterday but than again he did move the ball and we actually sustained a drive and converted 3rd downs even though the Raven D knew we had to throw the ball a ton in order to attempt to catch up.

To me the Ints were ghastly but no more ghastly than a dink and dunk that leads to a punt...... its the same end result. With DA at least there was a sustained drive giving the defense a chance to catch its breath and a oppurtunity to score.

Sev do you even f--king realize that 2 of those 3 interceptions lead to touchdowns?

If thats not helping the team lose I don't know what is.

This whole damn team sucks, it doesn't matter what f--king QB you put in there.

Anderson Sucked yesterday but than again he did move the ball and we actually sustained a drive and converted 3rd downs even though the Raven D knew we had to throw the ball a ton in order to attempt to catch up.

Is sustaining 1 drive an improvement (not like it was the 1st sustained drive all season), considering it required a pass interference call on a ball that was never going to be caught? You take away that PI play, and both QBs converted ONE 3rd down each through 2 halves of football.

lem, seriously...... BQ has not even showed a glimmer of anything since the dink and dunk versus a terrible denver offense. The defenses made one adjustment and he was done.

DA..... there is no defending his tendancies to throw a bomb into double or triple coverage..... however like in the Giants game or Cinci game (the good one) he has shown glimmers of good play.

I dont think Quinn should have been yanked yesterday, however I dont think Mangini was willing to throw away the season by watching NO offense from quinn.

I am biased against quinn, You know that I have always thought he was media hype and not substance. Face it our defense has collapsed the same way(IMHO) its from EXHAUSTION... the offense cant sustain a drive to stay on the field. This is the NFL teams are going to score points unless you have a unbelievable defense.

To me the Ints were ghastly but no more ghastly than a dink and dunk that leads to a punt...... its the same end result. With DA at least there was a sustained drive giving the defense a chance to catch its breath and a oppurtunity to score.

Just admit it. There is no "glimmer" of anything in DA.

Basically here is what the O did under each guy.

Quinn

Drive 1 (Browns 31 yard line) - 5 plays, 16 yards, INT, 2:38 TOP

Drive 2 (Browns 24 yard line) - 5 plays, 13 yards, Punt, 2:50 TOP

Drive 3 (Browns 24 yard line) - 6 plays, 32 yards, Punt, 2:58 TOP

Drive 4 (Browns 31 yard line) - 3 plays, 9 yards, Punt, 2:04 TOP

Drive 5 (Browns 26 yard line) - 2 plays, -2 yards, End of half, 0:54 TOP

Total: 21 plays, 68 yards, 1 INT

Anderson

Drive 1 (Browns 30 yard line) - 5 plays, 14 yards, INT, 3:09 TOP

Drive 2 (Browns 22 yard line) - 13 plays, 66 yards, FG, 7:21 TOP

Drive 3 (Browns 11 yard line) - 4 plays, 25 yards, Punt, 1:41 TOP

Drive 4 (Browns 47 yard line) - 1 play, INT, 0:13 TOP

Drive 5 (Browns 29 yard line) - 5 plays, 14 yards, INT, 2:13 TOP

Drive 6 (Browns 10 yard line) - 3 plays, 4 yards, Punt, 1:27 TOP

Drive 7 (Browns 2 yard line) - 1 play, 5 yards, EOR, 0:25 TOP

Total 32 plays, 128 yards, 3 INT

2 more turn overs, 11 more plays, and 60 more yards. Not something to to write home about or read potential into.

Sev do you even f--king realize that 2 of those 3 interceptions lead to touchdowns?

If thats not helping the team lose I don't know what is.

This whole damn team sucks, it doesn't matter what f--king QB you put in there.

How much time has Anderson spent practicing with the ones the last 3-4 weeks? How much time has Anderson spent practicing with the ones (for that matter how much time has the team spent practicing) in 4 and 5 receiver sets?

It was over the moment Anderson stepped in. The ints basically didn't matter. You put Quinn in the same situation, go to four and 5 receiver sets and tell 'em to make something happen, and you're very likely to have just as bad or worse results.

IF they pull Quinn today and install Anderson as the starter, then you can bitch and moan about ints from here on if he has them in a real game management system in this offense. The coach's reaction to being down 20 at half was the problem this time around.

What a crock of ...

It is NEVER the QB's job to throw INT's. Maybe the hail mary at the end of the half/game.

Its unreal that someone is actually trying to defend throwing INT's.

Yes, he was told to "make something happen". You know, like score a couple TD's, make the game competitive, maybe win your job back.

3 points, 3 INT's, and a 30 rating.

Job well done.

Its unreal that any Browns fan would defend either qb. Im not fine with another year of rebuilding! We been rebuilding since 1999. No team should have more than 3 loseing seasons in a row. No team. And to sit here and listen to people compare Quinn to Brady is just insane. The guy wont even throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield. And Anderson what he did (3ints) says it all.If we can get only 2 wins this season and both come against Pissburgh im fine with that but it wont be done with Anderson or Quinn

So let me get this straight...You're asking for a "glimmer of anything" from Quinn? And you think that DA has shown enough of a "glimmer?" How many starts into his career did it take for a glimmer from DA? Brady did show a glimmer in his first start against Denver on short notice. DA has shown a little here and there. Brady has had only 6 starts. DA...27. Glimmer or not...DA has PROVEN over time that he is still the same QB that he was in his first season in college. NO IMPROVEMENT. I am not saying that Brady is the answer, and I have never stated that. But I do believe that he deserves more of a chance to prove himself, good or bad, other than 6 games over 2 seasons. Clearly, neither QB has taken the reigns. But DA has clearly rejected them altogether. Even in yesterday's game, in which Quinn clearly had a horrible game, he still outplayed DA.

Quinn's stats - 6/8 75% 0TD/1INT 34 yards 1 sack 9 yards rushing 42.7 QBR

DA's stats - 11/19 57.9% 0TD/3INT 92 yards 1 sack 0 yards rushing 30.9 QBR

So how can anyone sit there and say that the move was the right move. Brady Quinn should get this season to prove himself. If he doesn't get the job done, then draft a QB and move on! But DA has already proved that he is NOT an NFL starting QB and is on the way to playing himself out of being an NFL backup too!

How much time has Anderson spent practicing with the ones the last 3-4 weeks? How much time has Anderson spent practicing with the ones (for that matter how much time has the team spent practicing) in 4 and 5 receiver sets?

It was over the moment Anderson stepped in. The ints basically didn't matter. You put Quinn in the same situation, go to four and 5 receiver sets and tell 'em to make something happen, and you're very likely to have just as bad or worse results.

IF they pull Quinn today and install Anderson as the starter, then you can bitch and moan about ints from here on if he has them in a real game management system in this offense. The coach's reaction to being down 20 at half was the problem this time around.

I guess if you practice with the two's it's ok to throw into triple coverage? Stare down recievers?, and trip over your own clown feet? This was with the ravens not trying to put any pressure on him as the game was in hand. DA sucks, he made the same mistakes we all noted he made last year...

Archived