THE BROWNS BOARD

I am done

listercat

Before I get all the 'don't let ya where to good Lord split ya' nonsense......F- this I am done

I lost several close family members this summer

I am done

My mother had a stroke last month....yep; nothing like a collapse in front of your son......take that call

I expend energy to keep my family above water; this team sh-ts in my face every week....I am done

I am done

Sorry to hear about your mom, Lister...

things like that definitely put football and other nonessential activities into perspective.

A Browns game should be just what you need to help, not exacerbate horrible feelings.

I will always be a Browns fan, but I'm not the guy going out to get a helmet tattoo. The team moving put things in perspective for me, and since their return they haven't done anything to rekindle a lost flame. But in all fairness, the teams record is irrelevant. I will not be the guy who acts, supports and/or cheers differently should the Browns organization ever find a way to turn it around. I will remain the same fan. I don't need to be noticed. I don't need someone to say, "Good for Glen. He deserves a winner because he stuck with them through all the horrible years." Watching them win, whenever it happens is enough satisfaction for me.

I watch, I cheer, I root for Pittsburgh to lose, I hope baltimore loses, I pray somebody steals Modells Lombardi trophy.

I'll watch next week. I'm going to the Green Bay game. I'm going to the Pittsburgh game. I'm going to the Jacksonville game. I'll hope for the best, prepare for the worst and enjoy the time with friends and family regardless of the outcome because that's what football and the Browns are good for to me. Football is a reason to get together. I like football. I like a cold beer, food grillin', cornhole bags flyin'....

Hope things get better for ya. Hope to see you around on the board. This team would suck even worse if it wasn't for everyone here to commiserate with.

Archived