THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Mangini Good Enough ?

BrownIndian

I was watching the Pre Game show where they were covering all the games of the day and the issues with some of the teams, One question was about the Cleveland Browns Offense and Terry Bradshaw the other commentators felt that Mangini did a bad job with the Jets and they do not know how he got another job. They felt it will be a long year in Cleveland.

At that time I was like what the xxxx but now im tending to agree more. Guys did he hire a quack ?

The browns are owned by a quack and run by the idiots they hired over the years...the city of cleveland needs to grow some balls and either sue lerner for the poor product he has repeatedly sold the city or sue him for the rights of the team i think the team would fare better under a city manager than it does under the current owner...

If nothing gets done there will be only a handful of browns fans left in cleveland itself...

I was watching the Pre Game show where they were covering all the games of the day and the issues with some of the teams, One question was about the Cleveland Browns Offense and Terry Bradshaw the other commentators felt that Mangini did a bad job with the Jets and they do not know how he got another job. They felt it will be a long year in Cleveland.

At that time I was like what the xxxx but now im tending to agree more. Guys did he hire a quack ?

Its very possible....hard to say with the lack of talent this team has. The problem is, Lerner is not going to fire Mangini after one season, or even two IMO. So if he isn't the real deal, we're gonna see it for at least 3 years.

Nobody drank more kool-aid than I did. I thought a drill sargent was what this team needed. This team is regressing and looks worse every week. Then he pulls his Obama flip-flop and puts in Dumb Ass ( once i choose a QB I'm sticking with it) BS. Please, please make me eat these words but this team looked better with Crennel, Dorsey & Gradowski. May GOD have mercy on our souls. I think he just moved from

Pittspuke to Baltihole.

The browns are owned by a quack and run by the idiots they hired over the years...the city of cleveland needs to grow some balls and either sue lerner for the poor product he has repeatedly sold the city or sue him for the rights of the team i think the team would fare better under a city manager than it does under the current owner...

If nothing gets done there will be only a handful of browns fans left in cleveland itself...

Go fukc yourself dickhead.

Look no further than the NY Jets to see what Mangini Built in 3 years. .. I think we will be happy in 3 years if we get a team that plays like that.. Ok It may take 4 or 5 cuz he did have a few players when he got there..but I believe he knows how to build a good team....

If Mangini truly built the NY JEts then the fans wont be too happy to see him fired. Mangini went to the playoffs with a team built by Herm edwards and an easy schedule. then he went 4 - 12, the next season was better but they spent shit loads of money on Quality free agents. He was never proven to be a top notch coach. And i think the results are showing now....

If Mangini truly built the NY JEts then the fans wont be too happy to see him fired. Mangini went to the playoffs with a team built by Herm edwards and an easy schedule. then he went 4 - 12, the next season was better but they spent shit loads of money on Quality free agents. He was never proven to be a top notch coach. And i think the results are showing now....

Wrong, Herm left the mess, Mangini cleaned it up. Of course they spent a "shitload" on FA. It was year 3. They just got years 1 and 2 backwords. He outright built their OL.

There is one common denominator since '99 - that a Lerner has owned this franchise. Until he sells this team is doomed.

And if we're looking to have a city manager run the team, I'm sure my daughter's 3rd grade teacher could run it better than them.....!

Herm took over a team Parcels built, didn't do much with it, EM took over Herm's team, added a few guys, had one good season and all of a sudden he's a genius?

Herm kept that team pretty competitive until he let the oline fall apart, then Pennington couldn't stay healthy and they started loosing like crazy. The weapons and the qb were already there.

Face it, Learner picked another dud and we're going to watch a pathetic excuse for a team 3 more seasons, EM gets canned and then we get to "rebuild" again. Then, we're asked to be "good" fans and deal with it for another 3 seasons till we can that chump too to start over again.

"Rebuild", ironic term isn't it considering we never got built in the first place?

We've sucked ass hard and in the darkest hours we took local product QBs and threw them under the bus to keep up the fan base. It's starting to look like Learner could give a rat's ass with fielding a competitive team so long as he makes his money.

He'd probably be wrecking his soccer team as well right now if they hadn't already had a good staff in place.

He's talked a lot about responsibility and accountability since he got here, at least from the players' side. I'd like to see some of that come from the coaches as well.

As it stands right now, he's starting to come across as the fat kid who started out as a ball boy and now gets to show the jocks who's boss.

Dennis

I mean, not that any of that applies to him in real life, but still.

Gee I wonder how many message board threads you could find saying the Browns/ravens were gonna miss Belechick when he left.

How many fired coaches do you think fans have ever said. WTH did we fire him?

If some other team hires Romeo Crennell, wont you make an accurate guess of how the progress of the team would be ? We know better about RAC and they know better about Mangini.

I think that collectively the blow outs we've seen are in large part from lack of offensive production. Now with that said...I haven't seen a single Browns game all season so I could be wrong. With the defense on the field 75% of the game week in and week out sorry to say guys....the defense is going to give up big points and big plays. I live in Georgia now but I grew up in Youngstown. I don't get to see the Browns alot so you all tell me...is it the play calling?...is it the players playing that poorly? What is the problem with the team. I mean all I get is the scores and notible stats. What has been going on for the last three weeks? All I can really tell from the game tickers is when the opposing team scores and I can estimate how long the Browns have had the ball. That's about it. From what I can see...the Browns keep the ball for maybe 2 to 3 minutes at a time? Is that fair estimate? Bottom line....things need to improve and they must improve soon if EM hopes to have a job. I don't know where the guy is coming from half the time. I was hoping to see him hold some of these guys feet to the fire but I don't see the results on the field.

'

Besides how poorly the team is on the field, I find myself having a hard time rooting for this douchebag coach.

He's just a giant turd off the field and he's producing a giant turd on it.

To quote Tom V., Mangini's been 'liquid shit' so far this year and I wouldn't be flushing his fat ass if Lerner will sell the team and we can start fresh for 2010.

Archived