THE BROWNS BOARD

Pro Anderson thread

Guest ATENEARS

I like how BQ boosters are talking about DA falling..... well its was in the 1st quarter 3rd-4 7min 45secs Quinn being pressured in the pocket fell down also.... yet nothing from these guys about that...

Or the first Int from Quinn at 12:25 sec in the first quarter quinn throws an awful pass that leads the ravens in the redzone.....

AFTER a MONTH of Quinn taking the first team reps DA gets thrown into the game against the Ravens..... and actually moves the ball..... making first downs on 3rd downs...

Does he have a penchant for craziness? YES but Daboll does not do him any favors making him nonstop sling the rock when the ravens know it.....

Really what is the difference to a 40 yard bomb that turns into a int versus a dink and dunk that leads to a punt?

from the others teams standpoint they are getting the ball regardless from ours it at least changes the defensive sets to spread the field.

It is up to the play callers to start running the ball at that point and calling screens, and short slant routes....

DA needs to be leashed by good offensive play calling and planning plain and simple.... BUT AT LEAST HE NEEDS TO BE LEASHED.... quinn is like the poodle that you just let out because no one cares if he tries to bite you.

You know I was really hoping for something after the first half.......but I have to say Stan, DA didn't do anything except hammer in 3 remaining nails into our coffin. He needs to go......bring in Harrison. Sorry.

I also think whoever the QB is.....we have alot more serious problems.

Man you Retards sure have some stones.

Let's promote the guy who just threw 3 interceptions and nearly another 2 in about 12 throws.

That's a nearly 50% interception rate, that'll win us some games!

Yeehaw!

Fvck that, bring on Ratliff... can't be any worse really.

Man you Retards sure have some stones.

Let's promote the guy who just threw 3 interceptions and nearly another 2 in about 12 throws.

That's a nearly 50% interception rate, that'll win us some games!

Yeehaw!

Fvck that, bring on Ratliff... can't be any worse really.

never say it cant get worse. never.

i'm not trying to hijack this thread, but rather just pointing out the obvious. neither one of these guys will be wearing orange and brown after this or next season. neither one is the answer and neither one will ever be relevant in the nfl. we will either get a qb this draft or next. personally, i would like to see us get defense this off season and then try to get some offense after next year. it hurts me to say this, but we aren't going to get a sniff of .500 until 2011.

Look.....

I think at this point it doesn't matter who the QB is. Put in Brady.....put in Manning......i'm not sure our team would win games. So to put this on Quinn and Anderson is either here nor there.

We need to start breaking this offense down and finding the root cancers......is our Oline perfect. No.....how can we make it better. Cribbs as a WR...not going so well......how about the hole in TE since Winslow left.......it's there........etc.etc. This doesn't even cover how crappy some of our defensive players are.

I picked this thread because It was one of the few I could barely get through reading.

At this point, I'd freaking alternate every other game with who starts. If your not winning and playing well by half time. the other guy goes in after the half. If the guy plays the 2nd half well, he earns the start for the next week.

I'd tell them, "until one of you figures out how to be a god damn QB, your both on a very short leash, go out and god damn do something."

So I'd start Quinn this week in Cincy, and if he's not producing, heck even after two full series, go back to Anderson.

I'm tired of both of them.

Not a bad idea. Make them prove they deserve it.

Start Anderson.

Quinn's got nothing. Anderson has way more upside. Commit to him for the rest of the year, his arm is absolutely fantastic, give him another year to work out the inconsistencies, turnovers, etc., if he can't then start over next year. but not with Quinn. I think I'm done with Quinn.

Zombo

Does it really matter? We've been reduced to a guy with a 'fantastic' arm and 1st. round pick who's forgotten how play football. Peyton Manning wouldn't survive this season as our qb without looking like a bust.

God damn zombo, you're going senile.

I cannot bear to watch the steaming pile of crap DA throws out onto the field anymore.. Does he have ANY clue of how not to stare down his recievers or throw into the teeth of triple coverage? Baltimore was only rushing 3 guys cuz they had such a lead and he still threw the ball right to the defenders. DA is horrible. Ratliff or Quinn are the only way to go at this point.. not that either of them are going to be able to turn this disaster around.

Sorry I posted on your DA rah rah board... But this makes Zero sense to me. They guy is making exactly the same mistakes he made last year..he has learned nothing, changed nothing.. his is exactly who he was last year.. 3 picks in a half..which should have been 4 or 5...He cannot even stand on his own 2 feet in the pocket without tripping over his clown shoes. No thanks.

Are you kidding?

That was a stupid comment. Anderson made bad passes but, really, to have any chance at getting back into the game he had to try to force the issue by making vertical passes. What's the difference if you lose by 24 or 50? Taking what the offense gives you at the point of the second and third pick would only act to pad your stats.

That said, Brody freakin' Coyle put up a 118 passer rating against this same defense and a real QB (Rivers) lit them up for 440 yards.

I see no future in a guy who can't make the throws, though. And that looks to be Quinn. Save $11 million and invest it in the scouting department. This team is going to have the benefit of some high picks.

Archived