THE BROWNS BOARD

Did everybody have their wish come true.

hammertime

How anybody can stand behind their 'guy' at this point is beyond me.

1. Quinn lovers- did our guy have a labotamy?

2. DA lovers- did we expect anything else?

3. Mangini lovers- i don't know how to begin.

4. Browns lovers- i really truly thought we had hit rock bottom last year.

I am at a loss for positives right now. When i said it would be blatantly obvious if Quinn had 'it', i never thought we'd know by week 3. Is there a consensus that we now know?

I am under no delusion that we have anything but the hodge podge makings of an NFL team.

Yes, i will still be in their corner. But it sure doesn't feel good right now. We can take solice in knowing that even had we picked Sanchez he wouldn't be the answer.

They say you build through the draft, well see if Mack can be a cornerstone with Thomas and actually be the start of a productive base. I am not sold that even next year we'll be ready to pick a franchise qb, yet.

There's no way this team is as bad on paper as last year's team, yet we're playing worse, and that really just screams out one thing...

The coaching is the problem.

Whether it's Mangina or the OC or Ryan, we suck. We've been outscored 95-29 so far this season and 61-9 in the last 2 weeks combined.

These players are either being put in position to fail repeatedly, or they are not playing for this regime 3 games in. Either way it's bad news, and the fans aren't going to watch this for another 13 games, they just aren't.

I actually like what I'm seeing with a Ryan led defense. We need to hire somebody to teach our guys how to tackle. Then we can teach them how to shed a block & tackle (Barton - ugh).

Scheme and strategy on D is a world apart from where it was last year. Talent-wise unfortunately, is not.

I actually like what I'm seeing with a Ryan led defense. We need to hire somebody to teach our guys how to tackle. Then we can teach them how to shed a block & tackle (Barton - ugh).

Scheme and strategy on D is a world apart from where it was last year. Talent-wise unfortunately, is not.

How many times must the backfield be beaten by the same receiver before our backfield gets corrected ? Brandon MacDonald makes an very occasional good play, but more often gets beat by running past the receiver, falling or just plain giving too much cushion for a receiver.

The pass rush has been nearly a complete wash. Flacco had all the time he wanted, but I'll give Baltimore the credit for having a decent offensive line. Last week, Kyle Orton looked like a Superbowl MVP - KYLE ORTON are you kidding me ???

Week 1 - Brett Favre, wasn't sure what to expect, but for an old man, he had plenty of time to move around.

... and rush Defense ? Adrian Peterson - well we expected that. Chicago and Baltimore simply picked the Browns apart on the ground and in the air.

Our defense is as inept as our offense ... well not quite. At least our defense has teh occasional good play.

Guest ATENEARS

My wish will come true when we get ourselves a Strong Safety that is a play maker and an 'eraser' of others mistakes. Flacco's passes yesterday almost drew rain and we still had no Free Safety rolling over to help. The middle of the field had no one patrolling. We couldn't send in a heat seeking missle to nail Flacco on obvious passing downs because we have no heat seeking missiles. How many times did they run it around the end to 15-yrds of daylight (twice on TD's, right?) Where the hell were the Safeties?

Safety ain't our only area of need ... but that is my wish.

Been waiting since 1996.

4. Browns lovers- i really truly thought we had hit rock bottom last year.

I am under no delusion that we have anything but the hodge podge makings of an NFL team.

I'll just touch on #4...Rock Bottom was Art sucking the life out of us in 1995. Fourteen years later, seems like no hope in sight. As many of us have pointed out on this Board, they picked the wrong ownership group from the get go, and continue to hire so-called "defensive gurus" to turn this franchise around. Hello Browns management, have you ever seen a 1985 Chicago Bears highlight tape, or present teams like the Steelers & Balt?...they ATTACK the opposing QB/offense virtually every play, and it normally leads to a victory.

My opinion...Art hired Belichick to cause a wane in fan interest so he could get out of town & out of debt. Who helped him get on the plane to Baltimore (yes, Lerner)? Who was paid back a political favor of ownership here(yes, Lerner)? Who keeps reaching for the Belichick tree (yes, Lerner)? In between all the branches of the tree, they hired another ego-guy (yes, Butch).

So yeah, our f-in wishes came alright...we got our team and colors back, but are STILL reaching out to this Belichick-tree thing, the very same tree that was planted and f-in rotted back in 1991. Kudos to Belichick for figuring things out after the Art/Lerner ownership used his ass, but we have got to hire PROVEN coaches...that doesn't look likely change under this ownership.

Hello, is Dan Gilbert available to buy our beloved Browns?

My wish will come true when we get ourselves a Strong Safety that is a play maker and an 'eraser' of others mistakes. Flacco's passes yesterday almost drew rain and we still had no Free Safety rolling over to help. The middle of the field had no one patrolling. We couldn't send in a heat seeking missle to nail Flacco on obvious passing downs because we have no heat seeking missiles. How many times did they run it around the end to 15-yrds of daylight (twice on TD's, right?) Where the hell were the Safeties?

Safety ain't our only area of need ... but that is my wish.

Been waiting since 1996.

Thats a need that should be addressed before we bring in a "franchise QB". It sucks but we are at least 2 top 5 draft picks away from even being close. And thats with not getting a bust on either pick.

On Quinn:

5 starts and being roped into a system he couldnt spread the defense with and with a very limited arsonel and playbook i cant determine anything about his capability as a pro what i can tell you is BQ is not being allowed to play in his own form for some reason..

And the fact that daboll has said on several occasions that this offense is one size fits all scheme and everyone is expected to be able to run it and then they switch off to a 4 WR sets for DA tells me all i need to know about this lying conniving regime...i want to see bq in his own form like we get to see DA not bottled up like he has been...this regime has wore out its warm welcome rather fast but the real problem is upstairs...

As for a shutdown safety yeah it would help solidify the defense greatly but the owner and his father and all their underlings never placed any value on that position...

At this point im all for playing DA and gaining nothing at all for this season and i hope to see bq ask for a trade to attemp to salvage his career while he still can this team eats qbs alive often without giving them a fair shot with no protection or targets...

On Quinn:

5 starts and being roped into a system he couldnt spread the defense with and with a very limited arsonel and playbook i cant determine anything about his capability as a pro what i can tell you is BQ is not being allowed to play in his own form for some reason..

And the fact that daboll has said on several occasions that this offense is one size fits all scheme and everyone is expected to be able to run it and then they switch off to a 4 WR sets for DA tells me all i need to know about this lying conniving regime...i want to see bq in his own form like we get to see DA not bottled up like he has been...this regime has wore out its warm welcome rather fast but the real problem is upstairs...

As for a shutdown safety yeah it would help solidify the defense greatly but the owner and his father and all their underlings never placed any value on that position...

At this point im all for playing DA and gaining nothing at all for this season and i hope to see bq ask for a trade to attemp to salvage his career while he still can this team eats qbs alive often without giving them a fair shot with no protection or targets...

Gips, much as I'd like to agree with you I can't. BQ drops the ball over his shoulder, BQ stumbles and nearly gets sacked in the endzone twice against Denver - with his stature, size, strength, etc. I expected him to scramble at least a little. Although I do not believe the OC has given him a green light to throw the ball (and at this point I wonder if it's because he can't), even when he is in a scramble and looking for an outlet, he can't throw on the run nor see down field. I'm not sure how he made such an impression at Notre Dame, other than they just get a ton of publicity, but he really does not show anything impressive at all.

The QB sneak yesterday was the worst example of an inept QB I've ever seen, much less the fact that the OC should hung by his testicles for such a completely assinign call. Maybe they screwed the pooch on that one and Cribbs was supposed to get the snap and go up the middle. That falls right in line with the rest of their useless but hopeful BS. BQ running up the middle ?? This isn't college, he isn't Tim Tebow. Those are REAL defensive linemen - and Ravens Linemen at that - on the other side of the line.

I just don't see anything to give hope from BQ. I wish we'd have used his trade value when we had the chance.

... and I now do not see him making it big anywhere else either. I understand he's rattled and obviously has no confidence in his offensive line, but given the time he's had to study from the side, college experience, etc., etc. he should be capable of at least turning one or two plays into something. Instead he's the opposite.

Bottom line, we have no QB at all.

Archived