THE BROWNS BOARD

Why I am Happy Today

ClevelandFanForLife

There are a lot of people going around saying that they are done with the Browns and can't believe they ever liked them. However, I feel different about the situation. Yes, we are terrible and yes, they may not win two games. But, I still wake up every morning and bleed orange and brown. I still get excited every Sunday when I wake up. This morning I got pumped because we are only 6 days away from the next Brown's game. I have already gotten compliments at the bar I work (Sundays, 11-5) at for having the balls to still be wearing Browns stuff on Sundays. My friends from school and I were planning on getting season tickets this year but couldn't because we didn't know if we would have jobs. Since i now have a teaching job, I am ALREADY looking for PSLs for the 2010 season on EBay.

I know that a lot of you feel the same way that I do and there be may be a few of you who think I am a moron for feeling this way. For those of you who don't agree with me: Fine. Good riddance. We are better off without you. For those who are true fans: we will have our day in the sun. We will reach the top and when we do, I know that there will plenty of you to celebrate with.

There are a lot of people going around saying that they are done with the Browns and can't believe they ever liked them. However, I feel different about the situation. Yes, we are terrible and yes, they may not win two games. But, I still wake up every morning and bleed orange and brown. I still get excited every Sunday when I wake up. This morning I got pumped because we are only 6 days away from the next Brown's game. I have already gotten compliments at the bar I work (Sundays, 11-5) at for having the balls to still be wearing Browns stuff on Sundays. My friends from school and I were planning on getting season tickets this year but couldn't because we didn't know if we would have jobs. Since i now have a teaching job, I am ALREADY looking for PSLs for the 2010 season on EBay.

I know that a lot of you feel the same way that I do and there be may be a few of you who think I am a moron for feeling this way. For those of you who don't agree with me: Fine. Good riddance. We are better off without you. For those who are true fans: we will have our day in the sun. We will reach the top and when we do, I know that there will plenty of you to celebrate with.

I love my browns, But I wouldn't mind seeing everyone fired and start over again next year with neither QB on the roster. At least then we would know why we suck.

I'm happy too.

Happy there's no Browns game today! :rolleyes:

It's going to take a full week to recover from that depressing excuse for a football game.

I'm happy I can celebrate a victory or muddle through another defeat with the certainty that it has no direct effect on the meaning of my life. I survived without browns football, I'll survive this garbage too.

I'm happy we're through the third game of the Mangini regime because I know if he's going to have the opportunity to turn this thing around it's going to take a few years before we see it happen. That means we have a LOT of this crap to get through first. So I'm happy the first 3 are all ready out of the way.

Yup......you can only hit rock bottom if you lose miserably to the Bengals at home......

Might as well call it the lead pipe lock of the week.

Good news is Mike & Mike only think we're the FOURTH worst team in the NFL.

Yay!

Truly appreciate your dedication and enthusiasm. You are a model fan ... however ... I have also been a fan a long time and am beginning to think watching other games on Sunday that actually entertain rather than annoy might make for a more enjoyable football season. I am usually optimistic at gametime, thinking 'at gametime, this will be the one we'll upset them and start the ball rolling and all the nay sayers will finally start to respect this team'. Unfortunately week after week, my optimism is drowned by halftime. The last 2 games I changed the channel not far into the 4th quarter.

I cannot stand the lack of any kind of aggressive attitude, enthusiasm or imagination in ANY aspect of this team's effort. The offensive play calling has been horrendous. Let's not forget, game tickets and especially season tickets are not cheap. The fanbase that continues to be embarrassed by chossing such a weak excuse for a 'professional' team absolutely does not deserve such a let down - 10 years in a row.

While I will not walk away from being a Browns fan, I do not expect much from their games and at times will even entertain watching another game come Sunday. This program, as it stands right now, is not deserving of the support it's been allowed by so many fans. I truly feel the management has honestly been trying to get something going over the past few years, but about 3 years ago was when they needed to take drastic restructuring measures with proven leaders. They may continue to get 'what they can for what they'll spend' if they are continued support from dedicated fans. I no longer take pride when people say 'the Browns fans are dedicated no matter what'. I feel it more of a consolation than a compliment.

I need serious narcotic medications to be happy today. Luckily I'm getting a refill this afternoon.

Sigh....sadly I'll be ready next Sunday as we take on the Bengals. However you thought shit was bad yesterday, it'll be nothing compared to what will happen if the bengals embarrass us sunday

I smell a trap game.

Truly appreciate your dedication and enthusiasm. You are a model fan ... however ... I have also been a fan a long time and am beginning to think watching other games on Sunday that actually entertain rather than annoy might make for a more enjoyable football season. I am usually optimistic at gametime, thinking 'at gametime, this will be the one we'll upset them and start the ball rolling and all the nay sayers will finally start to respect this team'. Unfortunately week after week, my optimism is drowned by halftime. The last 2 games I changed the channel not far into the 4th quarter.

I cannot stand the lack of any kind of aggressive attitude, enthusiasm or imagination in ANY aspect of this team's effort. The offensive play calling has been horrendous. Let's not forget, game tickets and especially season tickets are not cheap. The fanbase that continues to be embarrassed by chossing such a weak excuse for a 'professional' team absolutely does not deserve such a let down - 10 years in a row.

While I will not walk away from being a Browns fan, I do not expect much from their games and at times will even entertain watching another game come Sunday. This program, as it stands right now, is not deserving of the support it's been allowed by so many fans. I truly feel the management has honestly been trying to get something going over the past few years, but about 3 years ago was when they needed to take drastic restructuring measures with proven leaders. They may continue to get 'what they can for what they'll spend' if they are continued support from dedicated fans. I no longer take pride when people say 'the Browns fans are dedicated no matter what'. I feel it more of a consolation than a compliment.

A buddy of mine who used to be a skins fan recently did something like that. A couple years ago he just turned his attention to fantasy football instead of one team. He now just roots for his individual players and he definitely enjoys watching the games a lot better now. He's not invested in one team, so he sits there with his 72" HDTV and direct TV's NFL ticket thingy and watches every single game.

A buddy of mine who used to be a skins fan recently did something like that. A couple years ago he just turned his attention to fantasy football instead of one team. He now just roots for his individual players and he definitely enjoys watching the games a lot better now. He's not invested in one team, so he sits there with his 72" HDTV and direct TV's NFL ticket thingy and watches every single game.

Not sure I'm ready for that, but sure enjoy seeing big plays and close games a whole more than the same no result junk the Browns use over and over. I'm not bailing on the team, just like everyone else, so aggravated and starting to feel this program is cursed.

Im out of orange and brown blood to bleed at this point my main joys in browns football are going to be watching DA/BQ/Ratty get slaughtered watching fats 2 the evil version get fired and waiting for lerner to either pick up and leave or sell the team because the gig is up and revenues and interest in the browns are both going to dwindle fast after this fiasco...

Im out of orange and brown blood to bleed at this point my main joys in browns football are going to be watching DA/BQ/Ratty get slaughtered watching fats 2 the evil version get fired and waiting for lerner to either pick up and leave or sell the team because the gig is up and revenues and interest in the browns are both going to dwindle fast after this fiasco...

Wow, at least you are looking at the glass half full!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink:

After LAST week.. I told my wife maybe since I live in AZ I need to find a new team to root for.. But I know in my heart I am always a Browns fan.. I can "follow" other teams...but the Browns will always be MY team. I cannot root for AZ, I cannot root for SD even though they are the 2 teams closest to me. Or Denver who is next... I am as frustrated as anyone on this board.. But it's the Browns, the Browns, and always the Browns.. I am not sure where we go from here. I don't think I have ever seen a team suck so bad except for the team I played on in High school. We only had 18 players even try out for the team and some of the better athletes in the school didn't even bother to lace them up. We won 2 games during High school. But man I loved to play and hit people every weekend.. GO BROWNS

There just seems to be a total lack of passion in this team. The games are effin boring to watch. I could handle losing if there was some kind of fire in any of the players. Like you guys though, i can't really imagine getting behind any other team.

I am actually thinking about trying out for the browns next season. i can't tackle, throw, or run. I'd be perfect.

I don't watch other teams, never have...don't have any interest at all. For me, it's the Browns or nothing. Yeah, we watch bowling but that doesn't count :lol: I do not watch any other teams or any other sports.

I won't give up on the Browns and I don't get to watch them much so I don't suffer quite as much as many of you do.

I'm happy today that we still have a team called The Cleveland Browns.

It was worse once.

I don't watch other teams, never have...don't have any interest at all. For me, it's the Browns or nothing. Yeah, we watch bowling but that doesn't count :lol: I do not watch any other teams or any other sports.

I won't give up on the Browns and I don't get to watch them much so I don't suffer quite as much as many of you do.

I'm happy today that we still have a team called The Cleveland Browns.

It was worse once.

God bless you....

Archived