THE BROWNS BOARD

Where are the Rookies?

ClevelandFanForLife

I thought that Mangini's strategy was to draft a bunch of rookies and build from there. The best way to build is to get these guys some experience right? Why doesn't he just put these guys in and let them learn some things while they get their ass' kicked. Personally, I am tired of seeing the veterans with all the experience suck. I want to see some rookies making rookie mistakes, not veterans.

Our 2nd pick in the draft has been inactive. Is he hurt? Does he suck? I wasn't excited about drafting a WR, let alone two, in the 2nd round. Not when we need quite a bit of help on the OL and LB.

BUT, this goes back to my first thought as I woke up this morning - fire Mangini.

Like that will help, it would set the franchise back even more.

Robiskie has been injured fwiw. MMass is playing while Cribbs is being put in his place. Veikune's learning curve is a little longer, I didn't expect him to get much playing time to later in the season.

Amazing the amount of impatience of a known train wreck. You guys didn't heed the warnings. It is your own fault in that regard.

The fact that Robo and Momass can't see the field says one of two things about this team.

1. Our coach is an idiot because he won't play the guys that could help him win.

2. Our staff is a bunch of idiots that can't draft worth a damn, still.

Hell, maybe instead of saying one of two things we're finding out both 1 and 2 are correct.

I thought that Mangini's strategy was to draft a bunch of rookies and build from there. The best way to build is to get these guys some experience right? Why doesn't he just put these guys in and let them learn some things while they get their ass' kicked. Personally, I am tired of seeing the veterans with all the experience suck. I want to see some rookies making rookie mistakes, not veterans.

For starters, you can find Robiskie - a 2nd round pick at a position of need - on the inactive list. Otherwise, he'd simply be inactive :rolleyes:

Bad pick or bad coaching decision? Take your pick. It's the same person.

Amazing the amount of impatience of a known train wreck. You guys didn't heed the warnings. It is your own fault in that regard.

Because you're typically inaccurate in your assesments, I will cut you some slack. I have been telling people to temper their expectations for quite some time now. When people here were saying 9-7, 8-8, I was saying I'd be very happy with 5 wins.

What I do expect is competance. I expect energy. I expect a coaching staff to do more than x's and o's. When a team is 9-38 on 3rd down conversions, and are being ripped apart in every aspect of the game, I demand the coaches he held accountable.

We can talk all we want about how these are professional athletes and the talent just isn't there. But this comes down to coaching.

Come see me next Monday when Cincy hands us our asses. It is going to be chaotic panic. And I see it coming, no question.

When the Chiefs can embarass the Ravens D, and we cannot even score a TD, things are worse than just players. It is bad coaching.

same reason romeo didnt play rookies - they might not be good and it would show you cant find talent in the draft.

Bingo!

Either that or we wouldnt want to put them out in the bruatal world of the nfl and damage their little ego's to early...definately looks like mangini is trying to hide his inept drafting skills this guy is a true bum...those of us with any patience that say we got to give him time fear not as sure as lerner is the owner he will get at least 2 years and likely 4 years of lousy coaching and this time im gonna be on the i told you so bandwagon i may be a jets fan by then but i will come back and say i told you he sucks and to think i thought he was the right guy i drank all the koolaid and what i see on the field is eyeopening badness mangini guys are RAC guys that are yes men and mangini just screwed his biggest company man in BQ..

Because you're typically inaccurate in your assesments, I will cut you some slack. I have been telling people to temper their expectations for quite some time now. When people here were saying 9-7, 8-8, I was saying I'd be very happy with 5 wins.

What I do expect is competance. I expect energy. I expect a coaching staff to do more than x's and o's. When a team is 9-38 on 3rd down conversions, and are being ripped apart in every aspect of the game, I demand the coaches he held accountable.

We can talk all we want about how these are professional athletes and the talent just isn't there. But this comes down to coaching.

Come see me next Monday when Cincy hands us our asses. It is going to be chaotic panic. And I see it coming, no question.

When the Chiefs can embarass the Ravens D, and we cannot even score a TD, things are worse than just players. It is bad coaching.

Here, here! People can preach all they want about this being a work in progress, but part of that progress is, well, PROGRESS.

Hell, you got players beating the hell out of one another in the locker room right now. When players fought under RAC, it was lack of discipline. When players fight under Mangini, it's suddenly "energy"? I think the play on the field shows where their energy is, and it sure as hell ain't with this team or this coach.

My inaccurate analysis? So the Chiefs offense can score on the Ravens. Big deal. Every game and every season as a different flow. Your whiney crap is so annoying, your barely worth reading. Typical here today/gone tommorrow NFL fan crap. Grow up.

Archived