THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini Might Not Last Long

shepwrite

Apparently four separate sources have told Grossi that the dismal state of the team already has Mangini on the hot seat. OBR confirmed that they're hearing the same thing... and it isn't just about the record.

And Mangini was the ONLY one Lerner Jr. interviewed (except, possibly, for a token Black). He had Randy creaming in his pants. He who laughs last.

Jump, Randy. Jump!

PS HOW BAD can things be if these sources are right?

Randy creamed in his own mouth, forget his pants.

This team is 100% worthless, let's at least be entertained here and have Randy sell the team, and fire all the coaches in one fell swoop so we can start over again.

The NFL should do a supplemental draft composed of our whole roster. Lol nobody would pick anyone up beyond Rogers, Wright and Harrison.

Grossi doesn't have sources. Come on Shep, the "dismal" state of the team is leftover from environment they came from. They can't handle Mangini's rules, but in fact, his rules are probably not even the strictest in the game.

If anything, Mangini has been overly kind. Clean house man and don't stop to they are all gone.

I can't imagine it would possibly happen this quickly, it would make Lerner look like a complete and total idiot. (?)

May just be a lot of the 'sources' (the ones that hate him) starting to CREATE the illusion of a 'hot seat' to put pressure on the organization.

I seriously think our team could be very good if we do just 2 simple things, FIRE DABOLL! Because he is the worst offensive coordinator ive ever seen, and START THE ROOKIES!

Quinn should start, as he needs time to get chemistry, and he needs to know his job is secure so he can make the mistakes he needs to, so he can grow.

Veikune MUST start because Bowens is making me vomit.

PLEASE put Robiskie on the field opposite Edwards (He is just like Jurevicous with more speed), I know many people think Massoquoi is the realness, but I'm not convinced, his routes are horrible. Switch Furrey and Cribbs back and forth in the slot. Massoquoi in 4 Reciver sets (which we need to do more often)

Get Hank Poteat off the field and start Ivy as the Nickel

Harrison did VERY well as the starting RB, with Davis as the second KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Bowens isnt doing shit, start HALL

Last, and DEFINITELY not least, DO NOT RUN ON 2nd and 15!

Sorry, but Deboll isn't the problem. The QB's are. We have some open guys, they just miss the mark. I rewatched the Denver game, just the offense 3 times. Quinn.......wow type bad!!!!! I am all for giving him time to get it "down", but time is running out.

Start Hall? Dude sucks and Bowens isn't near the problem you think. Wimbley isn't good either, his quality of play is of backup quality, but I guess that is good with these LB's. Barton isn't as good at LILB, but he does make plays unlike DQ shoving off blockers. He should be at RILB where he is better. DQ simply doesn't got the strength. Can't get off a block. Might try and trade him. Veikune's time is coming, but it won't be overly pretty early on.

It is what it is. I don't mind whining, but get a clue man.

I seriously think our team could be very good if we do just 2 simple things, FIRE DABOLL! Because he is the worst offensive coordinator ive ever seen, and START THE ROOKIES!

Quinn should start, as he needs time to get chemistry, and he needs to know his job is secure so he can make the mistakes he needs to, so he can grow.

Veikune MUST start because Bowens is making me vomit.

PLEASE put Robiskie on the field opposite Edwards (He is just like Jurevicous with more speed), I know many people think Massoquoi is the realness, but I'm not convinced, his routes are horrible. Switch Furrey and Cribbs back and forth in the slot. Massoquoi in 4 Reciver sets (which we need to do more often)

Get Hank Poteat off the field and start Ivy as the Nickel

Harrison did VERY well as the starting RB, with Davis as the second KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Bowens isnt doing shit, start HALL

Last, and DEFINITELY not least, DO NOT RUN ON 2nd and 15!

Fire Mangini too and I think you got the right formula! That wouldn't make us a playoff team, but it certainly would show the progress of a rebuilding franchise. As of now, we're not rebuilding; we're stagnating.

I know everyone is all fired up but I disagree that we get rid of this guy.

And yes Im gonna use all the "it takes time'', "we need to change the culture" jazz.

Actually I won't. If we are going to fire him do it NOW. If not we have to stick with him. Or this is going to be a revolving door that never ends.

I think Mangini has already lost the team. A dick has to win. He doesn't get much rope.

Hey man, I'd settle for a team that looks professional. I would settle for a team that competes every series. I would settle for a team that can get past the 50 yard line. I would settle for a team that plays hard. I would settle for 1 turnover when it counted. I would settle for a team I can make excuses for.

When did I turn on Mangini? Right around that first Monday when he didn't reveal his QB before the Min game. Then I started to question him. Up until then I defended him to a fault. If everything comes down to a "process" Eric, why all the hocus pocus? Complete failure. I want him out, and I don't care if Rob Ryan coaches the team. Get Mangini out of the building.

Moves made in panic are never good. Handing this team over to an assistant is not going to help anything..it may even hurt. No one wants to take this team over after game 3.. We have to ride out the season with what we have. Look at it in the offseason... Did you guys really expect this team to be any good this year? You guys must have been drinking too much coolaide.. I admit it is worse than I thought "right now".. but it's not time to panic.

I guess time to panic then is week 3 of the 2012 season? This city doesn't want a superbowl in year one. Cleveland just wants a team that looks professional and can at least be a potential winner each and every Sunday. Browns fans have waited long enough for that.

The Lions were an 0-16 train wreck when their new staff got a hold of them. They looked like complete and utter crap in week 1 that couldn't beat anyone. They looked bad in week 2. But low and behold, they won in week 3. The reason? That team actually got better with each game they played, something the Browns under Mangini aren't doing.

Moves made in panic are never good. Handing this team over to an assistant is not going to help anything..it may even hurt. No one wants to take this team over after game 3.. We have to ride out the season with what we have. Look at it in the offseason... Did you guys really expect this team to be any good this year? You guys must have been drinking too much coolaide.. I admit it is worse than I thought "right now".. but it's not time to panic.

please look at the predictions thread, we had more people gunning for a .500 record and above. It is not just us desperate Browns Fans that are having doubts about him but even ex NFL players and coaches who are now in the commentary box.

What we need is a winless season... that will get Mangina out of our lives.

The question would then be what to do about Kokinis. These two are assholes buddies, you know. They're a "package" deal.

You can talk about talent, or lack thereof, all you want. If the team goes winless, everyone will question Mangina's ability as a motivator and leader (if they haven't already started to!)

Interestingly, Grossi said that Lerner hired Mangini against the advice of his retinue of advisers. My understanding was that Ernie Accorsi & others supported the move. If they opposed it, that's pretty scary.

According to Grossi, Lerner grew extremely confident in his ability to build a winning organization after having a lot of success with his soccer team. Because of that, he felt comfortable making a decision based on "instinct", not the counsel of the veteran NFL guys advising him.

Not sure the report about Grossi hearing Mangini's on the hot seat is accurate; he didn't mention it in his podcast, and I can't find it mentioned on the PD's site. However, he did convey his sense that the team quit on Mangini Sunday, as well as a prediction that things will only get worse.

His advice to Mangini: make DA the starting QB and see what he can do. Also, Grossi confidently stated that we'll see Ratliff playing QB for us, perhaps much earlier than many of us (and maybe even Mangini himself) expected.

Link to Grossi's podcast

I don't doubt that Adkins is hearing Mangini's on the hot seat. Just think it's possible that Grossi might have a different take on Mangini's job security, given how he thinks Lerner made the hire over his advisers' objections.

If Grossi's account is accurate, it'd take a lot more humility to fire Mangini so quickly - it'd amount to tacit recognition that Lerner's awful at the one thing he's responsible for as an NFL owner: putting the right people in charge.

I doubt he'd want to make more coach/GM hires after that. Most likely, he'd hand off the reins to an old NFL hand who'd hire & fire folks. Maybe Ernie Accorsi or - if we're lucky - Bill Parcells.

I refuse to believe anything from Grossi. Next week it'll be him being absolutely convinced that Jim Tressel is the next coach because, well, he's from Ohio.

As to Mangini, even if the team has quit on him already, he just can't fire him in midseason. The top three candidates for the job would be B illick, Shanahan, and Cowher. What do those three guys have in common--other than putting together teams that could win the Super Bowl? Ownership that's consistent. If Mangini were to get fired halfway through the season, then they would have to agree to work for a guy who had run through five coaches in the span of seven years, and they would be fools to take the job.

The only way to do it would be to wait out the season, get the #1 pick, then drive a dumptruck full of money up to one of their front doors and say, "Keep the truck and take whichever of my children you want."

Dennis

I can't imagine it would possibly happen this quickly, it would make Lerner look like a complete and total idiot. (?)

May just be a lot of the 'sources' (the ones that hate him) starting to CREATE the illusion of a 'hot seat' to put pressure on the organization.

Lerner does and has looked like a complete idiot before its nothing new for him but i cant imagine randy firing mangini that fast but i can see enormous pressure from an already hostile media ,empty seats ,angry booing fans ,emails and letters to the nfl and lerner,rallies at the courthouse and posters with randy hanging from the end of a rope would force him to consider selling the team the fans and the people of cleveland need to let randy know we dont want him as the owner anymore and we are sick of his mutilation of this proud franchise...enough is enough quit being fools and giving this jerk your money he has screwed us enough..

DA will be starting from here on in as mangini desperately trys to save his own fat ass..and yet another belichek wanna be goes down with DA as his would be saviour i will enjoy watching DA get murdered out there simply because mangini deserves it i hope the whole team just flat quits on him however i will be watching the jets and or steelers in between 3 and picks and trying to enjoy professional nfl football again until the real browns return...these 2 clubs play a brand of football i like.

I've already mentioned this in other threads, but I'm going to say it again: Mangini is not the problem with this team. The pussies that wear the jerseys are the problem. These assholes are the most disgusting excuse for a football team that I've ever seen. There is no fire, no passion, and as soon as there is a sign that things might not be going our way, these pussies roll over and play dead. They don't bite back. When you think of the Cleveland Browns, prior to the move, you think of grit, grind, and heart. They never quit. These assholes have none of that, except for Cribbs, who along with Mangini, is the only bright spot in this franchise right now. These frauds wearing Cleveland Browns jersey are a disgrace to the city of Cleveland, it's awesome fanbase, and the legacy of Cleveland Browns teams of the past. Mangini is trying to instill that pride, that toughness, that anger, but all of these pampered pussies won't have it. So I say f uck them. F uck everyone of them. Build this team up from the bottom, with Mangini as the skipper, and let him restore the Cleveland Browns to the franchise it used to once be; a bunch of badass mother f uckers who just want to rip everybodys head off whether they're winning or losing. Guys who will refuse to go down without a fight. Again, Mangini and Cribbs embody what it means to be a Cleveland Brown. The other guys are just in it solely for the payday, and God damn them for it. Mangini isn't the problem folks, and I'm ashamed that you all are so ready to run the first guy who truly understands what it means to be a part of this franchise, out of town. Unbelievable.

First clue its BS, "Grossi" second clue, "unnamed sources".

If we run another coach out of here before 5 years is up I am DONE!!! You guys want an identity but you will NEVER get that by changing coaches every two years. that's a joke. Mangini took control of a TERRIBLE team. This is going to take a few years just to clean out. Everybody relax. Lerner must stay with him for the long haul. Good or bad, the coach must get 5 years. Look and Marvin lewis, Jack Del Rio, Tom Caughlin, Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy. All of these coaches started out horrible and got plenty of time to turn it around. As hard as it is to watch, it's the only way to make progress.

I'm pissed too but take a deep breathe and assess the situation. His name is ManGINI not ManGENIE.

I've already mentioned this in other threads, but I'm going to say it again: Mangini is not the problem with this team. The pussies that wear the jerseys are the problem. These assholes are the most disgusting excuse for a football team that I've ever seen. There is no fire, no passion, and as soon as there is a sign that things might not be going our way, these pussies roll over and play dead. They don't bite back. When you think of the Cleveland Browns, prior to the move, you think of grit, grind, and heart. They never quit. These assholes have none of that, except for Cribbs, who along with Mangini, is the only bright spot in this franchise right now. These frauds wearing Cleveland Browns jersey are a disgrace to the city of Cleveland, it's awesome fanbase, and the legacy of Cleveland Browns teams of the past. Mangini is trying to instill that pride, that toughness, that anger, but all of these pampered pussies won't have it. So I say f uck them. F uck everyone of them. Build this team up from the bottom, with Mangini as the skipper, and let him restore the Cleveland Browns to the franchise it used to once be; a bunch of badass mother f uckers who just want to rip everybodys head off whether they're winning or losing. Guys who will refuse to go down without a fight. Again, Mangini and Cribbs embody what it means to be a Cleveland Brown. The other guys are just in it solely for the payday, and God damn them for it. Mangini isn't the problem folks, and I'm ashamed that you all are so ready to run the first guy who truly understands what it means to be a part of this franchise, out of town. Unbelievable.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!

I think alot of the problem is that he finally couldn't take Quinn anymore and benched him knowing he would get no better. The Quinnbots that inhabit this site finally lost it and snapped at Mangini.

Anybody with a know inside the league that with Anderson at the helm, the Browns probably can win a few and stay much more competitive in games.

But it all goes back to Quinn. The true manlove for the guy is over the top at times.

Yea lets get another coach and start all over again next year. I know, we should only give out 3 month contracts to head coaches. Sooner or later we're bound to find one that will take us straight to the Super Bowl in their first year. Remember the good ole days when Browns fans used to bitch because we couldn't quite win the AFC Championship game?

While we are at lets run Lerner out of here. Hopefully, our next expansion team will be better. If we get one.

I doubt Lerner is such an idiot that he would fire mangini without giving him a chance. I think the national people like having the browns as doormats and want nothing to do with the browns being a winner again. I agree 100% NigelTufnet that Mangini knows the type of people he needs to win, give him and Kokinis the chance to assemble a real team

I doubt Lerner is such an idiot that he would fire mangini without giving him a chance. I think the national people like having the browns as doormats and want nothing to do with the browns being a winner again. I agree 100% NigelTufnet that Mangini knows the type of people he needs to win, give him and Kokinis the chance to assemble a real team

Come on, man...can we drop the "national media doesn't like the Browns" thing? There's a reason they get ranked low in the power rankings all the time, and why ESPN cuts to commercial during the draft when the Browns are up, and why they seem to think the team sucks. It's because the team sucks! If you're putting together a power rankings and the Browns are, well, the Browns since 1999, should they say we'll be doin' just fine? If they have to pick a team to go to commerial on, why not take a break with a team that's just going to be picking in the top ten again next year?

Win, and we'll get treated better by the press. Until then we're the new version of the Cardinals.

Dennis

Archived