THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini Might Not Last Long

shepwrite

Apparently four separate sources have told Grossi that the dismal state of the team already has Mangini on the hot seat. OBR confirmed that they're hearing the same thing... and it isn't just about the record.

Who (hypothetically- because we know it's BS) would OBR be "hearing" this from?

First clue its BS, "Grossi" second clue, "unnamed sources".

If we run another coach out of here before 5 years is up I am DONE!!! You guys want an identity but you will NEVER get that by changing coaches every two years. that's a joke. Mangini took control of a TERRIBLE team. This is going to take a few years just to clean out. Everybody relax. Lerner must stay with him for the long haul. Good or bad, the coach must get 5 years. Look and Marvin lewis, Jack Del Rio, Tom Caughlin, Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy. All of these coaches started out horrible and got plenty of time to turn it around. As hard as it is to watch, it's the only way to make progress.

I'm pissed too but take a deep breathe and assess the situation. His name is ManGINI not ManGENIE.

Funny, that's what the last regime said. 4 years later and the team was worse than when RAC and Savage took over. I wonder if we would be better today if we had fired RAC after year 2. I think so.

In other words, fellas, prepare for 4 more years of worse football, to culminate in Mangini being canned, the team being worse, and it taking a 'few years to clean out.' Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

It will never be fixed until Lerner sells the team or lets actual FOOTBALL guys with proven track records take over. So, basically, Lerner has to sell the team, because I doubt the latter will happen.

I think alot of the problem is that he finally couldn't take Quinn anymore and benched him knowing he would get no better. The Quinnbots that inhabit this site finally lost it and snapped at Mangini.

Anybody with a know inside the league that with Anderson at the helm, the Browns probably can win a few and stay much more competitive in games.

But it all goes back to Quinn. The true manlove for the guy is over the top at times.

Is it possible to get through your thick skull the fact that Mangini picked the guy to start about three and half weeks ago. You know.... recently?

Stop posting the same shit here and send Mangini an email if you want to wave your arms and cry at someone.

I read it on OBR. A questioner said he read or heard that Grossi has four sources telling him Mangini isn't safe. Then Adkins said he's heard same.

Dude seriously I don't need the OBR to tell me that. What I need is for the OBR to tell me "he has X amount of crappy losses and he is gone."

What has to happen? Lose to Cincy by 20?

Not score a TD in the next 3 games?

Give up 150 yds rushing the next 5 games?

I mean come the fook on with this "he isn't safe crap."

And I don't mean you personally Shep. But WTF man?

I could have told you that!!!!

Apparently four separate sources have told Grossi that the dismal state of the team already has Mangini on the hot seat. OBR confirmed that they're hearing the same thing... and it isn't just about the record.

Nope, it's all about HOW they got to 0-3. Dead last in total Offense, 30th in total D. no heart, no fire, no intensity. You mean we have to look like a college team in the hopes we get better?

Don't know about a hot seat yet- but getting blown out by the Bengals at home will warm things up a bit.

BTW, one of the Sunday regulars at our Browns gathering is more of a Jets fan, and his opinion way before the season started, is Mangini got canned in NY for a reason.

Lerner ought to know damn well the hard core fanbase is fed up with this crap, and it doesn't take 10 years to turn a franchise around.

Nope, it's all about HOW they got to 0-3. Dead last in total Offense, 30th in total D. no heart, no fire, no intensity. You mean we have to look like a college team in the hopes we get better?

Don't know about a hot seat yet- but getting blown out by the Bengals at home will warm things up a bit.

BTW, one of the Sunday regulars at our Browns gathering is more of a Jets fan, and his opinion way before the season started, is Mangini got canned in NY for a reason.

Lerner ought to know damn well the hard core fanbase is fed up with this crap, and it doesn't take 10 years to turn a franchise around.

Sorry, but the state of the Browns is the state of the Browns. It takes more than 1 year. I would argue the Browns had more problems than usual. Maybe posts like this is what people are really fed up of.

At this point I wouldn't discount anything.

I would hire Gruden as a consultant to the owner, then put him in as coach next season.

Hiring him now would allow him time to study every facet of this team in preparation for his eventual takeover.

Archived