THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Quinn be out of the league in a few years?

RestinPeace

With a credible OC and QB coach no. He does have a good work ethic and positive attitude that's a plus. The mechanics can be fixed as with arm strength. That all comes with a decent QB coach. The Browns do not run the football nearly enough. The Browns fail to run when it's appropriate and fail to mix up play calling. When you have a back that averages close to or more than 4 yards a carry and you still don't run the ball over 15 times a game....you're going to have problems. Brady Quinn is not a bad quarterback. He makes sound decisions for the most part though they don't equate to big gains...they're not going the other way for six either. Mechanics are a problem but a fixable problem. As Ron White once said "You Can't Fix Stupid". Which is what Derek Anderson is. He makes terrible decisions and has a cannon arm. I'd stick with the one with fixable problems over the one that refuses to make a fundementally sound decision.

With a credible OC/Coach? How do you he doesn't have one and just sucks. The amazing truth is people don't want to admit that may be the reality since they have invested so much emotionally into Quinn.

You don't determine the reality of 1st RD draft choice QB after 6 NFL starts.

I heard Frye would be out of the NFL in 2 years too.....

With a credible OC/Coach? How do you he doesn't have one and just sucks. The amazing truth is people don't want to admit that may be the reality since they have invested so much emotionally into Quinn.

Because DA comes in and throws 3 picks, thats how we know dipshit.

ROLF!!! It is DA, a rusty, DA. Give him some prep with the 1st team and I bet he can lead the Browns to 1-2 TD's vs. the Bengals. We all know he isn't starter quality, but Quinn isn't NFL quality.

all i can hear is a blubbering vagina crying.

STFU. He sure didn't have the rusty excuse week 2 in 07 did he?

ROLF!!! It is DA, a rusty, DA. Give him some prep with the 1st team and I bet he can lead the Browns to 1-2 TD's vs. the Bengals. We all know he isn't starter quality, but Quinn isn't NFL quality.

Weren't reps overrated (according to yourself and others).

Now suddenly that's the reason for throwing the ball into TRIPLE coverage, and throwing another pick right to a DB.

Yeah, it's rust alright. Permanent rust on his brain.

If Anderson means 6-10 and Quinn means 0-16, then I want Quinn. I don't want some shitty mid-round pick. Give me #1 overall so we can have our choice of ELITE talent.

Who are you even talking to?

If you think you are anywhere even remotely close to getting under my skin, you're sorely mistaken.

But by all means, keep saying Retarded shit in an attempt to rile someone up.

Have any friends or anything you can go play with?

And BTW, I'm not "defending" BQ.

He hasn't done a damn thing yet, but the one thing he has done is WAX Derek Anderson in every aspect. Does that hurt your feelings? You sure do bitch enough to make it seem so.

Ok. What do you suggest? All I'm saying is I think the problems he that he has are fixable. Is Brady Quinn the savior no but is any quarterback? Some make glaring differences while most are there not to give the game away to the other team. Very rare to find a QB that is the cure all for a team. At the end of the day is it better to work with a qb that can be coached and wants to win or one that does what he wants and could care less win or lose?

Ok. What do you suggest? All I'm saying is I think the problems he that he has are fixable. Is Brady Quinn the savior no but is any quarterback? Some make glaring differences while most are there not to give the game away to the other team. Very rare to find a QB that is the cure all for a team. At the end of the day is it better to work with a qb that can be coached and wants to win or one that does what he wants and could care less win or lose?

QB's are the heart and soul of the winners. The Browns need that man. You act like everything can be fixed by "coaching". No it can't. We have some things that require upgrades and nothing else will help.

This is the attitude I get sick of seeing on this board. Reality comes hard for many.

QB's are the heart and soul of the winners. The Browns need that man. You act like everything can be fixed by "coaching". No it can't. We have some things that require upgrades and nothing else will help.

This is the attitude I get sick of seeing on this board. Reality comes hard for many.

Hey Retard. Go get Tom brady, put him behind Alex Mack and watch us STILL go 0-16.

It aint the QB that needs fixed here. Its the whole damn team. The center and right side of the line is a turnstile (look it up if you have to), we have absolutely no running game to speak of. Which means they stack the box. And BECAUSE our line is so shitty, this prevents any of the deeper passing routes from opening up before the QB is sacked or hurried. THis is quite evidenced by DA throwing into TRIPPLE COVERAGE and still not even getting the ball close to BE. He hurried that throw before BE even looked at him, it was a prayer.

Because we have no running game, and no opportunity for a passing game, our offense is f--king STUCK.

This is going to be the absolute worst season in browns history, and no QB could do shit about it.

Bad arm action which is causing a funky. slow delivery and bad accuracy. We saw this at ND, but it has never gotten better.

Huh?

Quinn might not make it in the NFL but the primary reason won't be his delivery. Look around, there are much worse deliveries that have suceeded both past and present. You lost all credibility by starting the thread with this crap.

Huh?

Quinn might not make it in the NFL but its not because of his delivery. Look around, there are much worse deliveries that have suceeded both past and present. You lost all credibility by starting the thread with this crap.

He had negative to begin with...

Now suddenly that's the reason for throwing the ball into TRIPLE coverage, and throwing another pick right to a DB.

If Anderson means 6-10 and Quinn means 0-16, then I want Quinn. I don't want some shitty mid-round pick. Give me #1 overall so we can have our choice of ELITE talent.

0-16 huh?

Things better be going in the right direction before draft day if were gonna have a chance at SIGNING a #1 overall pick.

At this point in time who wants to play for us? Sell high, or take whatever we can get.(players that is)

Dude...gotta disagree a little with the heart and soul thing. Sure that's the case for some teams i.e. the Pats, Colts, Saints....but what about teams without one. There have been plenty of good teams without your quote unquote superstar.

I mean you can't honestly tell me that Trent Dilfer lead the Ravens to the Super Bowl. Nor can you say that Brad Johnson lead the Bucs to their Super Bowl. Even the greats had other legends to help the team to victory. Without Lynn Swann, Stallworth (not Dante), or Franco Harris that Terry Bradshaw would've been as good as he turned out to be. How about Joe Montana for example take away Jerry Rice, Brent Jones, John Taylor, and Roger Craig. Suffice to say the Defenses on all these teams were superb. But more importanly they complemented each other. The offense..either they scored points or pushed the ball far enough down the field to pin the other teams offense. The Defense...when they were stuffing teams...they got the offense the ball back.

It takes so much more than a qb my friend. Can they be a key catalyst...absolutely but the one and only difference between a good team and a bad team...not convinced. All the QB is really required to do...is to take care of the football to the best of his ability. If he's a playmaker...that's a plus. I'd rather see a game manager than a pro bowler if that's what it takes to make the team competitive.

One other thing. Mechanics are fixed with proper coaching. Will that solve the whole problem no. I was just addressing what was pointed out about Quinn's mechanics.

One other thing. Mechanics are fixed with proper coaching. Will that solve the whole problem no. I was just addressing what was pointed out about Quinn's mechanics.

Man, Charlie couldn't even fix Quinn's mechanical problems at ND, they always looked bad. Stop whining what coaching can't fix. The denial is amazing. Quinn is like the pitcher with the "inverted W".

Oh yes he will be gone. By gone I mean at the bottom of a depth chart or modeling for FLEX. And this idea that coaching can fix a bad arm and mechanics is just wrong. You are born with a good arm and you don't have it, no coach is going to be able to make you throw tighter, more accurate balls. In training camp and in these three games I saw the strangest thing with Brady's throws. The nose of the ball almost points down as it goes. I have to assume it's because he is so ripped that his QB mechanics are all jacked up. I know it sounds like a joke but I am totally serious. I've seen other QBs throw like this but it's only on occasion.But Brady does it everytime he throws the ball. Why?

Man, Charlie couldn't even fix Quinn's mechanical problems at ND, they always looked bad. Stop whining what coaching can't fix. The denial is amazing. Quinn is like the pitcher with the "inverted W".

I've seen several posts now in various threads of you describing Quinn's mechanical problems. I'd love to read a detailed breakdown of what you're talking about.

-jj

RIP doesn't speak with details, his specialty is broad generalities because it makes it easier for him to spew the optimal amount of bullshit on the forums.

Word to the wise, bag him on the ignore list. Your time will be better spent because of it.

Yeah, the guy has absolutely no idea about football, at all.

I think Lum would even destroy him in a debate.

Again, if you bother to recall, I tried to warn you about Mr. Checkdown a few years ago. Didn't have the mental toughness coming out of ND, wasn't pro material. Now you see why so many teams passed. Queen's lucky he was benched his first couple years, so he could nail down some endorsement cash. In a couple years he'll be caddying for Benji Roeth.

So he sucks, but the Steelers will end up with him as the backup to Ben :rolleyes::blink:

I've seen several posts now in various threads of you describing Quinn's mechanical problems. I'd love to read a detailed breakdown of what you're talking about.

I asked him the same thing 2 days ago, read a few more outlandish, inflamatory posts from him, determined he was simply an unoriginal-attention-whore-jackass, and put him on ignore.

I understand why people are getting irritated with RIP, but at the same time, I don't think even I could goout of my way to defend Quinn.

The playcalling has been horrendous no doubt, but the playcalling didn't force Brady Quinn to stare down his target right after the snap and throw the ball directly to Foxworth. The playcalling didnt force Brady Quinn to underthrow a wide open Massaquoi by 10 yards who had the Denver defense beat for a TD if Quinn delivers the ball.

That said, I don't see how anyone thinks that Derek Freakin Anderson is going to spark anything. Three interceptions on three very stupid decisions in one half. If he isn't smart enough to know to NOT throw the ball into double or triple coverage against the best defense in the league then he isn't smart enough to be a starter.

Both of these guys suck. I wouldn't be opposed to sending them both packing at the end of the season.

Why so the Browns will just trade down so they can get multiple picks that they let sit on the bench?

Archived