THE BROWNS BOARD

Why you fire Mangini Now!

Solon16

Some might say they all suck...I don't.

Let the new coach determine and evaluate this team before the season's over. Get to know the players now ,Instead of just film study. Win the team over and put your new offense and defense in now so they are ready for next season and comfortable in system. Bring in a coach who can identify with his players and build cohesion. Bring in a coach who can build an Identity and treat his players with respect and dignity.

Get a GM and Coach that knows the value of impact players on offense and defense, and not draft Centers with the first pick in the draft. Get a GM and Coach that can evaluate talent. Bring in a coach who isn't a complete asshole!

The Biggest and most glaring reason to fire Mangini has been overlooked by everybody....Good coaches develop schemes around their players(fluid), Mangini wants guys to play in his scheme(rock). Water more powerful than rock! Eric "Napolean" Mangini AINT IT!

....OR NOT

I was against the Palmer regime, for the Butch regime (minus the Linebacker purge after playoffs), on the fence with Rac era(Pittsburgh game last year pushed me over the edge), But EM doen't have the "human" element or skills to motivate, inspire and develop cohesion.

In Fact he has the opposite effect!!! Am I overeacting? Sure....Am i jumping the Gun? Sure....Am I wrong....I think not! <_<

We were warned that he was a giant douchebag, and he is. I don't know if he has what it takes to pull a team up from the depths of suckitude and get it on the winning track. I sure as hell know I'd rather piss in his face than play for him.

While all good in principle, there isn't a HC worth his salt who will ever come in from outside the organization to coach a team midseason.

Mike Singletary turned the niners around...

But I still say that firing Mangini right now will not benefit anyone.. I'm just as frustraited as everyone else, but you need one full season..

EDIT: My bad.. Singletary was in the organization... I agree no one from outside will do any justice.

At this point im all for a complete purge of everyone involved in this club but as long as lerner owns this team it would mean nothing...i or you could grab 53 guys out of a few hundred walkins and land more talent then this team has we need to trade everyone thats tradable off for picks and start fresh and new but not as long as lerner owns this club he is totally incompetent as an owner and likely played a big part in mangini not purging it...

Had mangini done it right and purged 90% of this vile team to begin with i think most of us would be more understanding about being 0-3 but the way it stands i have seen enough of the last 4 years with an even worse offensive setup than ever and dont desire to see it again not even the players that were there..except cribbs,thomas,rogers everyone else was expendable..

• 1 month later...
Some might say they all suck...I don't.

Let the new coach determine and evaluate this team before the season's over. Get to know the players now ,Instead of just film study. Win the team over and put your new offense and defense in now so they are ready for next season and comfortable in system. Bring in a coach who can identify with his players and build cohesion. Bring in a coach who can build an Identity and treat his players with respect and dignity.

Get a GM and Coach that knows the value of impact players on offense and defense, and not draft Centers with the first pick in the draft. Get a GM and Coach that can evaluate talent. Bring in a coach who isn't a complete asshole!

The Biggest and most glaring reason to fire Mangini has been overlooked by everybody....Good coaches develop schemes around their players(fluid), Mangini wants guys to play in his scheme(rock). Water more powerful than rock! Eric "Napolean" Mangini AINT IT!

....OR NOT

I was against the Palmer regime, for the Butch regime (minus the Linebacker purge after playoffs), on the fence with Rac era(Pittsburgh game last year pushed me over the edge), But EM doen't have the "human" element or skills to motivate, inspire and develop cohesion.

In Fact he has the opposite effect!!! Am I overeacting? Sure....Am i jumping the Gun? Sure....Am I wrong....I think not! <_<

SAID THIS MONTHS AGO>>>STILL BELIEVE IT TO BE TRUE!

We could have Vince Lombardi as coach right now and we would suck. We have no talent. Give Mangini a few years, if he still sucks then can him.

NO THANKS! after his eval of our draft picks and Fa and especially of Daboll....CAN HIM NOW!

No.

I think you're stupid. Mangini has looked worse than Crennel. How is that possible? Crennel wasn't the greatest coach in the world, but he could certainly coach and KEEP the locker room. This year is in turmoil. We need to look for a proven coach, one that has won the big game, and has a good set of credentials.

well, i still believe we can avoid a another whole sale purge bt getting a guy in now to eval rather than only watching tape. And that mean hiring a "holmgren" (tho his drafts aren't that great) to do it now...like they did with parcells....he watched from the booth from the final 4 games....first thing he did was cut the QB from BYU.

Firing a coach midseason makes the organization look bad and impatient and acts as a huge negative to attract coaches. I say, we stick with the game plan and first hire our football czar. Let him analyze and organize.

I think you're right. Firing a coach midseason makes you look like idiots.

Oh really, talk to the bills. They just fired Jauron. So what now? We look like idiots firing Mangini? Naw, dawg. We are already idiots.

Yeah, the Bills look like idiots. I would rather stick it out than start firing coaches midway through the season. There's a reason the offseason is around.

In Fact he has the opposite effect!!! Am I overeacting? Sure....Am i jumping the Gun? Sure....Am I wrong....I think not!

If you are overreacting and jumping the gun as you admit, then you are probably wrong.

Few correct decisions are made on a knee jerk or prematurely.

I think you're right. Firing a coach midseason makes you look like idiots.

Firing Mangini now wouldn't hurt this organization one bit.

1) Jets fans warned us the guy was a douchnozzle, sure looks like they were right.

2) With 20\20 hindsight looks like Mangini staged the "quarterback competition" because he knew both Quinn and Anderson sucked. Bad move- he should have canned Anderson, and brought in a FA vet qb if that was his opinion.

3) One of the reasons the Browns suck so bad this year is Mangini is trying to run his "system" without the horses to run it. Great- let's try to run a ball control offense with a washed up running back.

Firing Mangini now wouldn't hurt this organization one bit.

1) Jets fans warned us the guy was a douchnozzle, sure looks like they were right.

2) With 20\20 hindsight looks like Mangini staged the "quarterback competition" because he knew both Quinn and Anderson sucked. Bad move- he should have canned Anderson, and brought in a FA vet qb if that was his opinion.

3) One of the reasons the Browns suck so bad this year is Mangini is trying to run his "system" without the horses to run it. Great- let's try to run a ball control offense with a washed up running back.

Dude I know you're upset with the way the team has been the past 10 years we all are, but the truth is these players wouldnt do well in any kind of offense. IT IS NOT MANGINI'S FAULT please go back and look at what the savage crennel admin left us with the fact of the matter is

1. the browns penalties are way down....you cant tell me that isnt because of the coaching so we know that is there

2. Daboll is in over his head something does need to be done I believe Mangini said last presser that Smith would assist in the play calling from here on out.

3. There is no talent on this team sure we have a special teamer whos pretty good and an awesome left tackle but at the end of the day what has that gotten us. 1 win thats what.

4. Savage left us with 4 picks for the 09 draft. dude bet the farm on us being good in 08 and its killing us now

5. we have 11 draft picks heading into this next draft and a lot of cash to spend in free agency...were going to see a huge influx of talent next season

6. I dont think it matters who we get as czar of football operations with the real football people all saying mangini is a good coach he gets atleast next year.

7. Mangini at the beggining of the year said this season would be tough...what did all you guys cover your ears and yell lalalala as loud as you could...that totally seems to be the case.

that was two months ago peen...I'm sure I'm right now....!

LOL....I will give you some credit for that.

We are entering a point in the season where some of the match-ups should be more favorable.

If we play competitive football, that's one thing...if we get blown out, I am right there with ya bubba.

This stretch will tell if the guy has lost the team...and if he has, i agree, he has to go...it will never work.

He's got to get the players used to playing in his system. There's no other way to do that. Experience is important.

I'm fine to stay with Mangini, I think a lot of what he's done has been necessary (getting rid of Braylon, K2). I just don't understand why there isn't more focus on what Daboll is doing. Rob has the defense playing well and Seely the special teams. So two of the groups under Mangini are decent, the third is putrid. 1. Get rid of this Daboll now and have someone else take over play calling, 2. Bring in a Czar with final say over Manigini, 3. Use all of the draft picks next year to continue to build.

Isn't Mangini is the reason Daboll is here ? Important point to remember.

Daboll having been allowed to create and sustain such a ridiculous offensive is the head coaches call. Mangini needs to take responsibility for that and dump Daboll NOW, bring in an OC that can turn Quinn into a decent QB, drop the QB controversy (or any other controversy for that matter) which has dragged the team continuity threw the crapper and concentrate on bringing out the talent in what they have. If there is THAT little talent, so be it, capitalize on what the players now are capable of and stop wasting the season with conservative play calling. The offense looks scared. At this point, what do they have to lose in going for the gusto EVERY play - throw downfield, go for it on 4th and short, use ALL the others more rather than conservatively handing to Lewis over and over, etc., etc. At the very least make this team APPEAR to have some nads ! Another quiet losing team is another laughing stock. Why go there, finish out the season as the risk takers and maybe a few games will go our way.

As for the future, based on Mangini's decision to use Daboll, I question whether he can daft decent or not. His choices for the management and coaching so far have been weak at best.

Next season, get a great recruiter - pay whatever it takes and try to steal Ozzie from Baltimore. He's done a hell of job there. If not, there has to be similar talent out there this weak excuse for a program can chase.

Spend the money needed, this franchise has some of the most dedicated fanbase in the NFL. The investment will pay off tenfold.

Mangini plays off the discipline card and uses that image. O.K., use that discipline regime and mix agression with it for the second half of the season and take chances. Seemed Monday that's what the defense did and did pretty good. Again, what is there to lose at this point ? How many times in the past was this team in a tough situation and they flashed the camera on Romeo, just to see that 'Huh, uhhh, let's maybe try this, no... this ... no, uhhh, let's be careful ... O.K. punt !' That's the Cleveland program it would appear, new coach or old.

Why would any coach 'purge' good players. You are talking about professional evaluation not an evaluation from a beer slurping, couch potatoe fan.

Every new regime purges players...fact! Are they professional? From the Professional evaluation i've seen with this "current" regime...we pass on beanie wells, percy harvin and jeremy machlin for.....A center. two second round wr's that "to date" can't seperate downfield and a second round LB who can't find the field with both our ILB's injured. My point is if you bring in a Parcells "type" guy now to eval the team, get to know these guys personally and see them play in person as oppossed to just tape....better evaluations will be made...and less purge(more cohesion)...If you think this regime can evaluate talent please enlighten me....I don't want these clowns anywhere near our draft picks!

If you think this regime can evaluate talent please enlighten me....I don't want these clowns anywhere near our draft picks!

So the current regime thinks some players are good but they really arent? Is that correct?

Or

The current regime thinks some players stink but they really aren't? Is that correct?

So a new regime comes in and purges the players the current regime thinks stink, but they are't

or

does it purge the players the current regime thinks are good but they aren't.

You got me confused.

Archived