THE BROWNS BOARD

Could we even trade Quinn if we wanted to?

bonedawg

I am not saying we SHOULD trade BQ, but I am asking really who the hell would want him? After reviewing his game footage, any team has to look at this contract:

Five-year, $9.25 million contract. The deal contains $7.75 million guaranteed, including a $4.255 million option bonus in the second year. Another $11 million is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70% in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2009: $655,000, 2010-2011: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent

Would you pay that amount of money for what you have seen so far? For what...potential?

I am not saying we SHOULD trade BQ, but I am asking really who the hell would want him? After reviewing his game footage, any team has to look at this contract:

Five-year, $9.25 million contract. The deal contains $7.75 million guaranteed, including a $4.255 million option bonus in the second year. Another $11 million is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70% in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2009: $655,000, 2010-2011: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent

Would you pay that amount of money for what you have seen so far? For what...potential?

We've already paid the bulk of that contract less potential escalators.

If a team wanted to trade for him to take a chance on him and/or use him as a backup, the only thing they'd have to pay at this point in the contract is the base salary. The only big money that's left in his contract is in the escalators. The 4.255 has already been paid. Without hitting the escalators, the only thing left in his contract is his base salary.

They'd essentially get him for the remainder of this year plus the next 2 years for just 2.055 mil....not a bad deal if someone thinks it's just this whole fcuking team that sucks and not him. (And he has put enough on film prior to this year for some coach/GM to go with that line of thought.)

Sure, why not ? By now all know that it is not the QB's of Cleveland that alone are the problem and hence would be willing to give the Browns players some slack based on their induvidual talent. If Daboll is still going to be there as OC, BQ should ask for a trade. IT is the only way he can save his career from tanking - hopefully a team that has embraced WCO. Anderson is a backup where ever he goes.

I think if we knew exactly what was offered for both these QB's we'd be depressed. I think today I am better off not knowing.

A turkey dinner, and a car wash coupon??

You're right, the contract does make him difficult to trade. And no team in the league wants DA. So you are stuck with them both. B)

If no team wants them, and we don't want them, then cutting them is no big deal.

For the rest of this season I play Cribbs at QB.

The next move is to hire Gruden, who then drafts Tebow, and we start the new wave in the NFL as we unleash the North Coast Offense on the unsuspecting NFL....soon, all team will be trying to do what we do.

why do we want to sell both our QB's ? the way we are set up no QB can save us. Let us draft for all other needed positions and then draft a QB 2,3 years from now. Come on man Minnesota with a lousier QB gets more wins than us. We need to atleast get to that level.

IMO, the line is relatively OK. I'd say go get a QB if you are REALLY convinced he is going to be 'the ONE'. It takes 1 or 2 season for QBs to really start to get it in most cases, and he'd be 'getting it' about the same time that the receivers from this years draft to start to 'get it'.

If you aren't 100% sure (and committed) to a QB in the 2010 draft, then you take Mays or Berry. There is not doubt there. This defense NEEDS a game-changing safety and an enforcer; someone that receivers are SCARED TO DEATH to be on the field with. I would have LOVED to have Brian Dawkins here.

Actually, I think you take Mays or Berry no matter what. Guys like that are rare as hen's teeth.

That's how I see it. I like Colt McCoy a lot, but I haven't seen him play much, just a few games here and there and highlights, so maybe he isn't elite. If we could get him AFTER a Mays or Berry, oh yeah.

I think Quinn gets traded before the season ends; I suspect he is asking for a trade now, I know that I would be. I'd hope, frankly, Anderson is doing the same thing - this coaching staff is a career-killer and both of these guys could very well turn into something worth keeping with the right coaching staffs and systems.

Archived